Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Registered User TurbulentEnergy's Avatar
    TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Change for the Best 1/1/11-6/1/11 ( Prize for the winner )

We have many weight loss challenges and we all want to lose the fat and get shredded. I want to start a six month fat loss challenge... I figured, to give people even more motivation there will be a $100 dollar cash prize at the end, or $100 dollars towards anything from BB.com. The number on the scale is often misleading, while people are leaning out, gaining muscle, or retaining water, so this change will be judged by your PHOTO. This brings out a different light of losing fat and does not put too much pressure on people who like to keep track of the numbers of the scale...

I figure that giving yourself six months to start, prepare, and engage your routine, you should make some exceptional results. I want everyone to do well and reach their goals. Its good to have a community to help back you up when you are down, and I hope this can bring others together for support.

( I have made revisions to the rules. I want to make this as fair as possible for people who truly want this and so I have tightened the ropes a bit. Please review the rules and most of you have already done this and so it should not be a problem)

Whoever wants in has until January 7th. That is the cut off date. No more than 100 contestants. NO EXCEPTIONS. No more people will be allowed to join after that date or after 100 people have joined. Joining begins today. I will keep an updated excel spreadsheet daily. On January the 7th. I will start a new thread with the members who have complied with all the rules and we will keep track of each other in that thread. I will list all contestants in that thread and I will post a link up, so the members who have joined will be able to find it easier.

Here are the rules to the game.
    1. Only contestants living on the continent of North America are eligible for cash prize. All other continents will have a BB store credit that will be given out. Since money is involved, only cash is eligible for adults 18+, and BB.com store credit for all others.

2. Check in every week with stats ( post them to your bodyspace page, does not have to be in the forum ) and how you are doing. If no update to your bodyspace is given within a 3 week time you will be removed off the list. I can tell if updates have been given because I have your start data all in a spreadsheet. It it not required of you to post each week but need to check in sometime to let us know how you are doing.

3. The end result is not based off of how many KG's or LB's you have lost, but on how much you have changed overall in general. As we know, numbers on the scale can be misleading. So rating will not be judged by numbers.

4. Photos are required now by the January 7th, no later than that date. and final picture no later than June 1st midnight. As mentioned before, post them in your bodyspace. Take a monthly photo, or more if you want, until the end of the contest. It is not fair for one person to have to while others do not. NO PHOTO=NO CONTEST.

5. AGE, HEIGHT, CURRENT WEIGHT, ARE MANDATORY. ( Please keep these posted and listed on your bodyspace page, if information if not listed, you will be removed. This is how I track who is doing what ) Photos are mandatory but are not required to be posted in the forum. You may include the photo in your bodyspace as well as your progressive stats in your progress section and notate the photos by the date on which they are taken. This enables me to keep better track of who is keeping up with the contest.

6. I may make minor revisions to the rules throughout if I feel the need to do so, but the end prize will not be changed.

7. Final judging will be done by me and by a vote of BB.com members. There will be a 3 day period in which votes are to be tallied. By that time the winner will be revealed.

Let the race begin! So everyone, go kick ass and lets make this happen!!

All members are being held in a spreadsheet. Much easier for me to keep track that way.
    Last edited by TurbulentEnergy; 01-02-2011 at 05:43 AM. Reason: NOTICE OF RULES
    Eat Clean to Get Lean

McGarnigle will become famous soon enough. (+50) McGarnigle will become famous soon enough. (+50) McGarnigle will become famous soon enough. (+50) McGarnigle will become famous soon enough. (+50) McGarnigle will become famous soon enough. (+50) McGarnigle will become famous soon enough. (+50) McGarnigle will become famous soon enough. (+50) McGarnigle will become famous soon enough. (+50) McGarnigle will become famous soon enough. (+50) McGarnigle will become famous soon enough. (+50) McGarnigle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm in, I'm 29, 6' even, 198 pounds and estimated at 28% BF. Pictures will start coming tomorrow (I'm also in the 3 month challenge).

TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10) TurbulentEnergy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by McGarnigle View Post
    I'm in, I'm 29, 6' even, 198 pounds and estimated at 28% BF. Pictures will start coming tomorrow (I'm also in the 3 month challenge).
    Welcome. Good thing is, when your other contest ends, you will still have motivation to keep on going.
    Eat Clean to Get Lean

doug684 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doug684 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doug684 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doug684 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doug684 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doug684 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doug684 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doug684 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doug684 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doug684 is on a distinguished road. (+10) doug684 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm in. Hopefully a nice long term challenge will help me stat motivated. Next birthday is in June so maybe I can slim down before then.

Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 350 (as of 12/31/10)
    Goal: To maintain a minimum 10lb a month weight loss, 60lb total, and finally be under 300lbs.
    11/26/10 - 371
    1/1/11 - 348

TheDriver86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDriver86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDriver86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDriver86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDriver86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDriver86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im so in.

Height : 6'2
    weight : 235lbs
    bdy fat : 20%
    photo is in bodyspace

Just wanna look healthy and feel healthy this summer
    Fat loss competition ii: 12/1/10-3/2/11

Pic 1
    March 1st
    Week 1 = 233
    Week 2 =
    Week 3 =
    Week 4 =

Pic 2

Week 1 =
    Week 2 =
    Week 3 =
    Week 4 =

Pic 3

Week 1 =
    Week 2 =
    Week 3 =
    Week 4 = ( goal 220lbs )

I rep back

Originally Posted by TheDriver86 View Post
    Im so in.

Height : 6'2
    weight : 235lbs
    bdy fat : 20%
    photo is in bodyspace

Just wanna look healthy and feel healthy this summer
    Welcome man. Wish the best of luck to ya.
    Eat Clean to Get Lean

TheDriver86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDriver86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDriver86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDriver86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDriver86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDriver86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    same to you, this will be fun
    Fat loss competition ii: 12/1/10-3/2/11

Pic 1
    March 1st
    Week 1 = 233
    Week 2 =
    Week 3 =
    Week 4 =

Pic 2

Week 1 =
    Week 2 =
    Week 3 =
    Week 4 =

Pic 3

Week 1 =
    Week 2 =
    Week 3 =
    Week 4 = ( goal 220lbs )

I rep back

Count your calories. houndstoothgrin's Avatar
    houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm in.

Current States:
    28 years old, 5'10
    209.2 lbs
    Body Fat is probably in the very high twenties, if not thirties, with very little muscle mass.

I'd like to get under the 20s in body fat and build some muscle.
    My photos are in bodyspace.
    Last edited by houndstoothgrin; 12-31-2010 at 12:28 PM.

Registered User Blownchevelle68's Avatar
    Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Count me in......Starting weight (as of 12/29/10) 259lbs. Looking to lose around 20lbs or so by March (or whatever I can get to) and be in size 36 jeans comfortably!

Height 6'1"
    Weight 259 (Goal 239/240)

Currently following AP's lifting program for beginners and a diet (2400 cals, 200-220g Protein, 90g Fat, 100-120g Carbs)

Having good success so far, lost 10lbs in December total. Good Luck to everyone !
    Starting weight: 266.6 (1/8/17)
    Goal weight: 178

January-March fat loss motivation thread.

Goal = 245
    Jan 1-266.4|Jan 8-266.6|Jan 15-264.4|Jan 22-266|Jan 29-xxx
    Feb 5-xxx|Feb 12-xxx|Feb 19-xxx|Feb 26-xxx
    Mar 5-xxx|Mar 12-xxx|Mar 19-xxx|Mar 26-xxx

Thats good that you have lost 10lbs so far Blownchevelle68. My goal is to actually get down to 175, and right now I am sitting around 188-190. I will admit I did not eat very good the past month.

I dont plan on eating good today either. I am going to be lazy, and lay around today. Starting next month I am starting my spring semester and working full time. I have a full plate. Its always good to come here to get motivation, because with my daily life being so cluttered, this place helps get me back into the gym and eating healthier.

I have noticed that diet is key to success.
    Eat Clean to Get Lean

Registered User Blownchevelle68's Avatar
    Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blownchevelle68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TurbulentEnergy View Post
    Thats good that you have lost 10lbs so far Blownchevelle68. My goal is to actually get down to 175, and right now I am sitting around 188-190. I will admit I did not eat very good the past month.

I dont plan on eating good today either. I am going to be lazy, and lay around today. Starting next month I am starting my spring semester and working full time. I have a full plate. Its always good to come here to get motivation, because with my daily life being so cluttered, this place helps get me back into the gym and eating healthier.

I have noticed that diet is key to success.
    Thank you---Yes holidays are a challenge. Im not going to let tonight ruin my progress so far or my momentum for the next year-although I do plan on having a couple drinks, I am limiting it to 4 at most and altering my calorie intake for the day to compensate as much as I can. Plus hitting the gym tonight for weights and cardio both.....

I have not tried it yet but I am thinking of doing cardio daily for the month of January. Normally I go 3-4 times per week for cardio, so im curious to see what that would do for me....
    Starting weight: 266.6 (1/8/17)
    Goal weight: 178

January-March fat loss motivation thread.

Goal = 245
    Jan 1-266.4|Jan 8-266.6|Jan 15-264.4|Jan 22-266|Jan 29-xxx
    Feb 5-xxx|Feb 12-xxx|Feb 19-xxx|Feb 26-xxx
    Mar 5-xxx|Mar 12-xxx|Mar 19-xxx|Mar 26-xxx

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm also in the 3 month challenge. I'll put up the pic for that tomorrow and add it here as well.

Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 182 (as of 12/31/10)
    bf%: ~18%
    Goal: To lean out until im satisfied, then slowly add lbm for, FOREVER.

edit: attached 2 pics, as of 1/1/11. just woke up, cold, unflexed.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by lee__d; 01-01-2011 at 09:47 AM.

evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm in. Great of you hosting this contest

Would embed pics but unfortunately come out to be to big when posted

pics as off 12/30/10 on the bottom of the list
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Vo...n=progresspics

Stats as off today
    Weight - 190
    bf% - 15
    height 6'2
    Goal shred excess fat, muscle growth

edit-------------
    Aright rehosted my pics 12/30/2010 10 months without consistent exercise =P

Last edited by evgeney; 12-31-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Looks like its going to be an interesting challenge so far...

As far as cardio.. If I want to lose body fat, I normally do cardio almost everyday except on my off days. I lift light because I want to ensure proper form is being done, and I do cardio to help expend the stored fat.

At the end I will post my pics as well and see how well I did along with all of you. This is great motivation overall.
    Eat Clean to Get Lean

"You're at the controls" KC5280's Avatar
    KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

okay okay okay~

I guess I'll be the first woman to sign up ~

35 years old (happily married with 2 children)
    5'6"
    140 lbs
    bf approx 22 - 24%

I will have hubby take pics and post them soon (hopefully next week).

Goals: I don't care what the scale says. I want to lower my bodyfat back down to 15% - 17% ish and be able to see my bicep veins again.. :-)
    I want mature muscle.

Yes I finally started a journal.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130589673

EXile1588 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in. I started the other competition that is finishing in April, might as well add a few months and do this one as well!

I'll post pic and weight on the first of 2011!

Happy New Years all!

So far so good.. Hope everyone has a great New Years party tonight and everyone is safe.
    Eat Clean to Get Lean

MoHaMeDTriKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoHaMeDTriKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoHaMeDTriKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoHaMeDTriKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoHaMeDTriKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoHaMeDTriKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoHaMeDTriKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoHaMeDTriKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoHaMeDTriKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoHaMeDTriKa is on a distinguished road. (+10) MoHaMeDTriKa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    count me in please
    i will post my pics weigh after 2 hours
    when the nwe yea begin ;d
    ▀██▀▀▀█─██▀▀█─▀██─██▀─█▀▀▀▄─█▀█▀█─
    ─██▄█───██─────▀█▄█▀──█▄▄▄▀───█───
    ─██▀█───██─▄▄▄───█────█───────█───
    ▄██▄▄▄█─██▄▄█────█────█───────█───

Start 12 Week Transformation
    ----------------
    Fall down seven times, get up eight
    ----------------

300TO240 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im in too.

Height: 6'5
    Weight: 301
    Calculated BMR: 2715.13
    Calculated BMI: 35.57
    Goal: To completely change my lifestyle and live a more healthy life.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Especially with creating a diet and exercise plan.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by 300TO240 View Post
    Im in too.

Height: 6'5
    Weight: 301
    Calculated BMR: 2715.13
    Calculated BMI: 35.57
    Goal: To completely change my lifestyle and live a more healthy life.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Especially with creating a diet and exercise plan.

Thanks.
    For me here is a sample of my workout plan.. It is not very detailed, just an overview.

Monday - Back and Triceps 25 minutes cardio

Tuesday - 45 Minutes cardio Abs

Wednesday - Legs and Shoulders

Thursday - 45 Minutes cardio

Friday - Chest and Biceps - 25 minutes cardio

I am doing lighter weights and more reps.. I am mostly focusing on proper form and technique versus trying to pack on as much mass as possible.

I find it to be much more better ( for me ) to ensure I have proper form because when I switch over in about 6 months to heavy weight training, I want to have my body conditioned for that type of training. I personally enjoy cardio, because it helps me work off my pent up stress.

My diet ( not today ) generally consists of all natural foods. Chicken, fish, lean cuts of beef sometimes. Lots of vegetables and greens. And some fruit. I like to take fruit with me to work and have that as a snack.
    Eat Clean to Get Lean

Greatest of all Time Brahesthetics's Avatar
    Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000)
    in...
    i wil rep u if i get a chance

Vinsane is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Vinsane is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Vinsane is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Vinsane is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Vinsane is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Vinsane is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Vinsane is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Vinsane is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Vinsane is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Vinsane is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Vinsane is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I'm in. 17 years old, 5'8", 165lbs, est. 16-17 BF%. I'm looking to cut down to 150lbs. and bulk back up to 160lbs.

For me here is a sample of my workout plan.. It is not very detailed, just an overview.

Monday - Back and Triceps 25 minutes cardio

Tuesday - 45 Minutes cardio Abs

Wednesday - Legs and Shoulders

Thursday - 45 Minutes cardio

Friday - Chest and Biceps - 25 minutes cardio

I am doing lighter weights and more reps.. I am mostly focusing on proper form and technique versus trying to pack on as much mass as possible.

I find it to be much more better ( for me ) to ensure I have proper form because when I switch over in about 6 months to heavy weight training, I want to have my body conditioned for that type of training. I personally enjoy cardio, because it helps me work off my pent up stress.

My diet ( not today ) generally consists of all natural foods. Chicken, fish, lean cuts of beef sometimes. Lots of vegetables and greens. And some fruit. I like to take fruit with me to work and have that as a snack.
    Thanks. I have a feeling that the dieting will be easier than the working out.

I had to make some changes to the rules because certain laws govern this type of stuff. Please review the rules above and if you still want in, just ignore this message and enjoy your New Years and continue with the challenge.
    Eat Clean to Get Lean

Thanks. I have a feeling that the dieting will be easier than the working out.
    Are you currently attending a gym or a workout place? Later on I will post up a meal plan of what I eat throughout the day and that will give you some idea.. I hope it helps.. Why would the dieting be easier than the working out?
    Eat Clean to Get Lean

Are you currently attending a gym or a workout place? Later on I will post up a meal plan of what I eat throughout the day and that will give you some idea.. I hope it helps.. Why would the dieting be easier than the working out?
    Not yet. Nearest gym is like 20 minutes away where eating I can just change.

Greg1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    count me in

Do you have any free weights at home? Or do you have any running shoes? If I cannotmake it to the gym I try to workout at home. Try going for a walk or a jog. Something is better than nothing at all
    Eat Clean to Get Lean

Do you have any free weights at home? Or do you have any running shoes? If I cannotmake it to the gym I try to workout at home. Try going for a walk or a jog. Something is better than nothing at all
    No weights, but I have running shoes.

No weights, but I have running shoes.
    Yeah If you can get cardio in that way, it makes a difference, but all in all, diet is key. Some people do no cardio and just lift weights and lose fat and build up muscle that way. If you are able, you can look at getting some cheap weights someplace and just make your own home gym.
    Eat Clean to Get Lean