Thread: Menopause

cindyw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Menopause

I have gone through menopause but still workout but have noticed that I have lost alot of strength and have developed a thin layer of lumpy fat under my skin on my legs! My diet has changed, still very clean and workout the same! Now from what I have read it is because my hormone levels have dropped and the drop in testrome has caused this layer of lumpy fat. So I'm wondering if any ladies out there have every experienced this and what they did about it. I have competed 5 years in bodybuilding and made it to the nationals in 2008 and I'd like to do a figure comp (cause I've never done one) but if I can get that lumpy ugly crap from on my legs then I won't be able to....so I need HELP!

Thanks

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sounds like you need to work on your diet and change up your routine. A good bulk with the right nutrition should help. Gains may not be as forthcoming now as they were in the past, but you can still gain. Even better, muscle memory is real.

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^ This.

Menopause isn't as much of a 'reason' as what society paints it to be. And the hormonal changes can often be a BLESSING - and with the exception of the first few mnths of the change (which can whacky up sleep and what not), some females end up finding it much easier to gain lean mass, and lean out without issues with oestrogen excess, or progesterone levels playing wacky with their hunger / fluid balance.

It is all a matter of recalculating the energy equations for yourself + maintaining a GOOD (and appropriate) diet for your age + a heavy weight training routine. <-- just because you are older, doesn't mean you have to not lift & I have 60 yr old who deadlift and chin next to me without issue.

Stay sensible - and consistent - and your body will remember what it is meant to do.