Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Anyone taken a DEXA Scan or Bod Pod Test for BF% ?

Which is more accurate ?

I found Bod Pod testing centers in NY, but where do I look up DEXA Scans in NYC ?

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    DEXA is more accurate (and more expensive, i believe).

as for where, im not sure, i'll try searching on google

edit: http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...989c6c17f79c85

1st 2 links

Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Bonifacius is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    DEXA is more accurate (and more expensive, i believe).

as for where, im not sure, i'll try searching on google

edit: http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...989c6c17f79c85

1st 2 links
    Thanks for the search.

Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've done both (and hydrostatic) and DEXA is definitely more accurate/consistent, not to mention just pretty damned cool-- I liked seeing the image from the body scan. I get mine done at a university and they keep all the data and will show me the comparative analysis over time. DEXA ftw.
    NFSC Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=663053791

** IF/IIFYM **

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Like the above, DEXA is the best if you can get it done.

Hydrostatic testing and BodPod are both good choices as well.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Registered User kobebryant8to24's Avatar
    kobebryant8to24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kobebryant8to24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kobebryant8to24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kobebryant8to24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kobebryant8to24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kobebryant8to24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kobebryant8to24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kobebryant8to24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kobebryant8to24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kobebryant8to24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kobebryant8to24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1. DEXA
    2. Hydrostatic Testing
    3. Bod Pod

keithsuth will become famous soon enough. (+50) keithsuth will become famous soon enough. (+50) keithsuth will become famous soon enough. (+50) keithsuth will become famous soon enough. (+50) keithsuth will become famous soon enough. (+50) keithsuth will become famous soon enough. (+50) keithsuth will become famous soon enough. (+50) keithsuth will become famous soon enough. (+50) keithsuth will become famous soon enough. (+50) keithsuth will become famous soon enough. (+50) keithsuth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP: Do you now the pricing of the places in NY?

vocaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vocaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vocaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vocaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vocaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vocaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Locavore View Post
    I've done both (and hydrostatic) and DEXA
    There is a DEXA in my area, but from what I can gather, appointments require a doctor's permission. Did you need that for your test?

And how much did the DEXA cost you?

Originally Posted by keithsuth View Post
    OP: Do you now the pricing of the places in NY?
    I know the Bod Pod costs $125 at St.Luke's

Originally Posted by vocaro View Post
    There is a DEXA in my area, but from what I can gather, appointments require a doctor's permission. Did you need that for your test?

And how much did the DEXA cost you?
    Anyone have more info on this ?

-TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000)
    place by me says 250$

sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sarguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just a page from a blog I follow:

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=175

"The Bod Pod: The Verdict

The Bod Pod does OK when looking at group averages, with some studies showing error rates of around 2%; however, other studies have indicated average error rates of over 5%. The individual error rate for the Bod Pod can be unacceptably high in some individuals, and the Bod Pod is horrible for tracking change over time. For these reasons I would recommend against using the Bod Pod as a body composition assessment tool. Hydrostatic weighing, despite some of its problems, is much more reliable."

Read the whole series on body fat measurement. Sounds like there are cheaper and better means of testing out there.
    My bodyblog: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/sarguy/
    I welcome any and all constructive feedback.

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.

Registered User iversonmourning's Avatar
    iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    To me spending 250 $ on something insignificant like a dexa scan or bodpod is a little overboard. You can tell what is a good bodyfat by looking in the mirror. What if you think you look great but the DEXA says you are 11%. Are you gonna freak out and diet harder to get to 7 %, even though you were totally happy at 11??

I am accepting 250 $ donations to anyone who wants to waste more $$ =)

Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'll try bod pod when I get to, and stay at, 165lbs for awhile. No hurry to do it but I want to do it once at least.
    --- Nick ---