Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jcosley View Post
    Thanks for the insight. I didn't know the latest bodybuilding forum FAD was to abolish the word Clean/Dirty foods. My mistake. I'm sure it will make a comeback next week, or in 5 mins when someone posts a thread asking for some foods they should choose from while dieting.
    You still don't get it.

The terms do not have standard definitions. People have different interpretations as to what "clean" and "dirty" food mean and thus it's a rather useless way to describe foods.

Furthermore, you gave a your definition of clean food, yet your list of "clean foods" violated your own definition.

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    You still don't get it.

The terms do not have standard definitions. People have different interpretations as to what "clean" and "dirty" food mean and thus it's a rather useless way to describe foods.

Furthermore, you gave a your definition of clean food, yet your list of "clean foods" violated your own definition.
    Much appreciated if you would just stop posting in this thread.
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)

In it for the Long Haul! bbavender's Avatar
    bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm fine, I ain't mad. If they would have made logical suggestions instead of pretty much calling me an idiot when it comes to nutrition. Why does it matter what foods I consider CLEAN and others do not? I don't find it misleading as the foods I have on my list are great healthy, nutrient dense options and have a lot to offer when it comes to bodybuilding. That is all, I ain't mad...I just would like to be treated respectable and not just shot down without any logic saying YOU ARE WRONG. That kind of stuff rubs me the wrong way, can't really help that.
    Never said you were wrong. But if someone who is new to the sport of bodybuilding and nutrition. If they happened to come across your original post, they would think that's what they would need to eat to achieve their goals, which isn't true. That is all that we were suggesting. Not calling you an idiot or telling you that you were incorrect.
    ED got me, ill be darned if it gets anyone else.

Only the strong survive...

25-RAC-99

Follow my RFL Journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141048001

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Much appreciated if you would just stop posting in this thread.
    And this defines the problem with your method. It's your way or nothing, regardless of the evidence in opposition to your stance.

This is a public forum and you're subject to challenge when you post things that others disagree with. And remember, I don't stand alone in my objection to what you posted. For example, I offer the following from this thread:

Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    2ndly, Wonderpug allowed you to demonstrate that you could not define "clean" by pointing out inconsistencies between the definition you gave and the foods you listed. Therefore, he is correct that "clean" is a subjective & abstract term at best, which was evident in your failure to cohesively define it.

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bbavender View Post
    Never said you were wrong. But if someone who is new to the sport of bodybuilding and nutrition. If they happened to come across your original post, they would think that's what they would need to eat to achieve their goals, which isn't true. That is all that we were suggesting. Not calling you an idiot or telling you that you were incorrect.
    Thanks.

So sticking to this list has no merit in results whatsoever?
    And this defines the problem with your method. It's your way or nothing, regardless of the evidence in opposition to your stance.

This is a public forum and you're subject to challenge when you post things that others disagree with. And remember, I don't stand alone in my objection to what you posted. For example, I offer the following from this thread:
    Love you.

So sticking to this list has no merit in results whatsoever?
    That's correct.

You could alter that list, adding whole foods and/or deleting foods you list, and it would not impact results, which are based on total caloric intake and the macronutrients contained therein.

In it for the Long Haul! bbavender's Avatar
    bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000)
    I could eat everything on that list and lose, maintain, or gain weight. Its all about how much of anything that you eat. I could eat the "cleanest" diet out there, and still weight 500 pounds.
    ED got me, ill be darned if it gets anyone else.

Only the strong survive...

25-RAC-99

Follow my RFL Journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141048001

MagicSteve is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSteve is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSteve is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSteve is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSteve is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSteve is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSteve is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSteve is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSteve is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSteve is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MagicSteve is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Clean foods are ones i haven't slept with.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    That's correct.

You could alter that list, adding whole foods and/or deleting foods you list, and it would not impact results, which are based on total caloric intake and the macronutrients contained therein.
    See OP, the beauty is that this should open the mind to less rigid eating limitations. Lots of people assume that they must eat cottage cheese before bed and that they must eat oatmeal as a carb, etc. The key is finding some foods that you enjoy, as eating foods you like goes a long way towards sticking to a meal plan.

JimmySniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmySniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmySniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmySniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmySniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmySniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmySniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmySniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmySniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmySniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmySniper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think a list like the one that OP posted is good. A lot of people don't have the time when they're shopping around to check nutritional values for their meals, so it's handy knowing beforehand what are some typical protein, carb, and fat sources.
    Aim for 2011: 195lbs or heavier at ~12% by September.

- Sicut in caelo, et in terra -

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think it has to do with rep power of OP, and thread title. Think if a new user joins, and does a search. There are 2 threads. One is titled "My opinion on..." or "My experience with..." and the other thread is "The facts about..."(even if it is implied fact by context). If a new user were to read those different threads and noticed the rep power of the OP, do you see how it could skew their thinking? Even if its just that "first impression" that kind of gets stuck in peoples heads.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    I think it has to do with rep power of OP, and thread title. Think if a new user joins, and does a search. There are 2 threads. One is titled "My opinion on..." or "My experience with..." and the other thread is "The facts about..."(even if it is implied fact by context). If a new user were to read those different threads and noticed the rep power of the OP, do you see how it could skew their thinking? Even if its just that "first impression" that kind of gets stuck in peoples heads.
    I'm only going off what I've read by countless bodybuilders (Cutler, Dexter, Heath, etc) and what they consider CLEAN FOODS....I guess BB.COM forum members have more of a say in what is right and wrong when it comes to dieting/bulking and nutrition over them.

Just sayin...

Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm only going off what I've read by countless bodybuilders (Cutler, Dexter, Heath, etc) and what they consider CLEAN FOODS....I guess BB.COM forum members have more of a say in what is right and wrong when it comes to dieting/bulking and nutrition over them.
    The facts have no bias. It doesn't matter one bit who is providing it; the truth is what it is. And the truth, in this case, is that an infinite variety of foods can combine to help someone hit their macros, and thus achieve their goals. Certain foods might have fringe benefits as far as micronutrient density, satiety, etc.; but in terms of body composition, calories and macros count far more.

Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I know, I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about. My AVI pics show it also. So do my lifts in the gym. When you are doing 120s dumb bell bench with ease for 10-12 reps and military press with 85s for reps, then come talk to me son.

Helping others FAIL.
    I see you started in 1997. I am 2-3 months in lifting what you are lifting lawls. And I have been cutting LAWL! my noob gains outweigh your life apparently.
    Control group crew membership revoked 7/5/2022 1:50pm PST not proud.

Inb4 honorable FDA/CDC/NIH/WHO representatives

J.L.C,
    NextPound,
    mgftp,
    SillieBazzillie.

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bbavender View Post
    I could eat the "cleanest" diet out there, and still weight 500 pounds.
    but you would live a bit longer, and the weight can be burned of easier... (pubmed olive oill over saturated fats for fat loss)

foosoomin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks threadstarter for providing such a good "cleaner" food list

iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000) iLovemyLuxe is just really nice. (+1000)
    hey man! fruit isnt clean it has SOOOOO much sugar!
    181lb/82.5kg USPA Powerlifter
    475/305/585

dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by synthetic View Post
    but you would live a bit longer, and the weight can be burned of easier... (pubmed olive oill over saturated fats for fat loss)
    lol

Physicist in Training JValjean724's Avatar
    JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I often have joked about there being a list of food that was ok for cleantologists to eat but had never seen an actual attempt at one.

Thanks OP for the laugh

Nutrient Dense (vitamins, minerals, fiber, etc) - some foods may be arguable.

Generally... foods free of artificial preservatives, coloring, irradiation, synthetic pesticides, fungicides, ripening agents, fumigants, drug residues and growth hormones" and those that are "processed, packaged, transported and stored to retain maximum nutritional value. (IE: Organic fruits, veggies, milk/cheese, meats, etc)
    e.
    You do not like green eggs and ham?

You do not like them Sam-I-Am?
    Last edited by JValjean724; 12-27-2010 at 06:59 PM.
    I protest this fraud

Mind and Body Recomposition Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127989043&page=3

FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) FunkMasterPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Joseph1990 View Post
    I see you started in 1997. I am 2-3 months in lifting what you are lifting lawls. And I have been cutting LAWL! my noob gains outweigh your life apparently.
    in4 video of 120 DB bench from 2-3months of training @ 174lbs
    "Its not a diet, its a lifestyle I choose to live"

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP, I think it would be beneficial to think more in terms of "clean diet" rather than "clean foods."

There are many foods that have unique nutrition profiles compared to other foods like salmon for the omega 3s, soy for isoflavones, yogurt for probiotics.
    And foods with exceptionally high amounts of fiber, vitamins, minerals, etc such as beans, and liver.

There is nothing wrong with the mentality of wanting to include plenty of nutrient dense foods in the diet. I understand where you were coming from, but "clean foods" are only nutritious if they fit together with the rest of a varied and moderate diet. There are no "clean" or "dirty" foods. Try to think "sometimes" and "always" foods. The reality is that people who want to eat cheesecake every day can, they just work it into their overall diet.

If you want to achieve maximum health and fitness, focus on a "clean" lifestyle. Don't smoke, wear your seatbelt, eat a varied and moderate amount of food, exercise, and have lots of great sex. Don't sweat the small stuff.

You lose! Good day Sir! themoose333's Avatar
    themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000) themoose333 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by foodandfitness View Post
    If you want to achieve maximum health and fitness, focus on a "clean" lifestyle. Don't smoke, wear your seatbelt, eat a varied and moderate amount of food, exercise, and have lots of great sex. Don't sweat the small stuff.
    lol
    Training Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162405761

"Attention campers, lunch has been canceled today due to a lack of hustle. Deal with it!"
    -Tony Perkins in Heavyweights

S: 345
    B: 240
    D: 385

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

Originally Posted by themoose333 View Post
    lol
    what's so funny? o__O

Zuggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zuggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zuggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zuggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zuggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zuggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zuggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zuggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zuggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zuggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zuggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by foodandfitness View Post
    Exactly, I think the wording of the original post got everyones panties in a bunch.. I think OP had good intentions with his post..
    I'm from the Land of Blood and Honey

Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Zuggie View Post
    Exactly, I think the wording of the original post got everyones panties in a bunch.. I think OP had good intentions with his post..
    Well you know what the road to hell is paved with...

Not trying to damn OP, obviously. I'm sure he meant well. But, call it nit picking, he was wrong. People pointed it out. Nothing personal.

Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Zuggie View Post
    Yes most likely miss understood post. Most intelligent post in this entire 3 page thread right here^
    Control group crew membership revoked 7/5/2022 1:50pm PST not proud.

Inb4 honorable FDA/CDC/NIH/WHO representatives

J.L.C,
    NextPound,
    mgftp,
    SillieBazzillie.

I'm only going off what I've read by countless bodybuilders (Cutler, Dexter, Heath, etc)
    But they'll also often advocate for six or more meals a day, reducing carb intake after 6pm, the anabolic window and various other myths.

what they consider CLEAN FOODS....I guess BB.COM forum members have more of a say in what is right and wrong when it comes to dieting/bulking and nutrition over them.
    The point you keep missing is that there is no accepted definition of clean foods. Each bodybuilder is likely to have a different take on what is "clean" food and even your list contradicts your own definition of clean food.

Diet soda and skim milk are among the foods you recommend as clean. What's the problem with this? Well, a newbie might well take your list as the gospel and think such are actually uniquely beneficial for bodybuilding, but they are not.

Next, using the published "advice" of professional bodybuilders is, perhaps, a bit naive. Why? Because the IFBB pros that you noted are spokespeople for supplement companies and thus advocate for programs consistant with the dietary philosophy of said companies. Such advocacy is often in opposition to published, peer-reviewed research.

Additionally, the pros that you mentioned are heavily dependent on exogenous hormonal regulation, which alters their dietary needs compared to individuals relient on endogenous hormonal regulation.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's threads like this that start that whole clean v dirty 5hit

no wonder people have ED's and consider things as dirty or bad when they are fine
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    WonderPug, I need 300 more calories I already met my protein and fat ratio. Can I eat some eggo's to meet my daily input? Will it set me back from achieving my goals?
    Denver Broncos- #24 Champ Bailey

Chicago Bulls- #1 Derrick Rose

Fav. Motivational Quote that pushes me to my LIMITS:
    "Obsession is what lazy people call dedication"
    "I am my own worst enemy, the only voice left taunting me is my own"

Originally Posted by alfred18 View Post
    WonderPug, I need 300 more calories I already met my protein and fat ratio. Can I eat some eggo's to meet my daily input? Will it set me back from achieving my goals?
    Thanks for bring back memories of the "L'Eggo My Eggo" commercial from many moons ago. Oh, the memories.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Yq1...eature=related

And enjoy your Eggo