Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

brind666 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

cortisone injection, will that help my hip flexor injury ???

can anybody help me on this ?? I have had a tear in my hip flexor for nearly 2 months now, will cortisone help me ???

thanks...
    Simon

BodyPoints: 583
    OLP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OLP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OLP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OLP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OLP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OLP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OLP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OLP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OLP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OLP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OLP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit OLP's BodySpace
    ummmm why not go to the doctor and ask.

BodyPoints: 9110
    Ibanez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ibanez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ibanez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ibanez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ibanez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ibanez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ibanez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ibanez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ibanez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ibanez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ibanez has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Ibanez's BodySpace
    I'm pretty sure cortisone is used to treat excess inflammation and such. I had a injection in my knee once and I could feel it throughout my whole right side. Other than that I can't say, it's best to see a doctor about this and hear his opinion.

wrmikeg80 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The only injury that a doctor will give you a cortisone shot for that is a "tear" is a torn rotator cuff.

BodyPoints: 10
    AJS11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJS11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJS11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit AJS11's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by brind666 View Post
    can anybody help me on this ?? I have had a tear in my hip flexor for nearly 2 months now, will cortisone help me ???

thanks...
    Simon
    The answer is yes and no. Cortisone will reduce the inflamation in the injured area so you won't feel that much, if any pain anymore. The reduced inflamation will help the injury heal BUT!!!... Just because the injured area isn't causing you pain doesn't mean that you're not making it worse when you try to do things on it. Cortisone will relieve the pain but the injury is still there. Let me repeat that because its important. CORTISONE WILL RELIEVE THE PAIN BUT THE INJURY IS STILL THERE AND YOU CAN STILL MAKE IT WORSE. Just because you can't feel it doesn't mean its getting better.

So, your best bet is to get the shot, rest, rest, rest and rest a little more. Ice, rest some more and start a rehab program with someone who knows what they're doing.

I had surgery on my foot a few years back. Hurt like a bitch and was really swollen even 6 months after i was cleared to exercise. Got so bad i couldn't walk right. Went to the doctor, got a shot of cortisone and felt like a million dollars. Went to track practice and went all out and never felt better, for about 10 days, after 10 days it hurt worse than before.

Cortisone is a great tool to aid in the recovery from an injury and help manage pain but it is not a cure all. Nothing can replace a good rehab program. Good luck, I know how frustrating injuries can be. Don't try to rush it back to health. It takes time but you'll get back eventually.