Shaun113 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shaun113 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shaun113 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shaun113 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shaun113 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shaun113 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shaun113 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shaun113 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shaun113 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shaun113 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shaun113 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How I overcame my "motivation issue"

Just wanted to share a story to show you guys; anyone can do this.

I've always thought I had depression. Even going as far as to go to the doctor and get a prescription to overcome it, but that never really helped. After a while I realized that I don't have a problem, I am the problem. But that never really went anywhere. I spent a lot of time at home going "If I just looked better maybe I'd have a girlfriend and this and that and bla bla bla..." I was one of those people that buys a gym membership, goes twice ever, and still pays for it monthly.

One other factor in my not going was I was afraid I'd look like a bitch. I'm a small guy (5'3" - 135ish, srs) so naturally when you don't do ANY physical activity it makes you weak, I can probably bench like 75lbs max(srs).

Then I just stopped giving myself excuses and started slowly making changes. I work overnights and there is a gym at my work so Ill do some lifting and cardio on my shift at night. Then I started eating a lot better and taking a multivitamin.

As stupid as it sounds these little changes changed me in a big way. I feel a lot better about everything. Life, myself, school, work, just everything. I'm that guy that everyone hates because he's always too positive. Once I made these changes and became a lot happier person, my grades improved, i got a girlfriend, and I never have a single thing to complain about. Now I go to the gym and come out a lot happier.

It sounds lame and cheesy but I really feel like if I can do it anyone can. You don't have to jump in head first and suddenly change everything. Make a few changes at a time and they'll pay off in a big way.

jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sweet man, glad to hear it. Your story sounds like alot of us. The benefits of exercise never cease to amaze me. Be it the great feelings from endorphins released from exercise or the extra confidence you get from just looking better and feeling fitter. Also since you mentioned school work improving, I recently read an article on the effects of exercise and brain health. As you get more fit your brain works much more efficiently, especially upon just working out. Why I always go for a run before a test or exam and before studying. Just seems like the benefits go on and on. Keep it up guy!

Jojax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jojax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jojax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jojax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jojax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jojax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jojax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jojax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jojax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jojax will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jojax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same happened to me bro.

I was so depressed at one point i considered going to the shrink to ask for some pills.

But once i changed my habits - quit smoking, started sleeping right, going to the gym again, eating right...

It's like i'm a completely different guy...

Feelsgoodtobealive.jpg

dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice to hear another great life changing story due to bodybuilding.
    I myself have seemed to become much more happy now that im exercising daily. *past 8 months now*

down ~50lbs of fat
    up ~13lbs of muscle *mostly beginner gains* had nearly no muscle last year

jagdbody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jagdbody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was the bigger guy 236 was my max weight. I have a friend at my work that is smaller. And the other day I heard him talking about how he would like to pack on 25 pounds of muscle. That's when it hit me, that it is hard for the small skinny guys like it is for the bigger. So mad props for the small man getting big, it's just as great an accomplishment for sure. Stay up, train hard, feel hard!

chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chmbs1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Shaun113 View Post
    Just wanted to share a story to show you guys; anyone can do this.

I've always thought I had depression. Even going as far as to go to the doctor and get a prescription to overcome it, but that never really helped. After a while I realized that I don't have a problem, I am the problem. But that never really went anywhere. I spent a lot of time at home going "If I just looked better maybe I'd have a girlfriend and this and that and bla bla bla..." I was one of those people that buys a gym membership, goes twice ever, and still pays for it monthly.

One other factor in my not going was I was afraid I'd look like a bitch. I'm a small guy (5'3" - 135ish, srs) so naturally when you don't do ANY physical activity it makes you weak, I can probably bench like 75lbs max(srs).

Then I just stopped giving myself excuses and started slowly making changes. I work overnights and there is a gym at my work so Ill do some lifting and cardio on my shift at night. Then I started eating a lot better and taking a multivitamin.

As stupid as it sounds these little changes changed me in a big way. I feel a lot better about everything. Life, myself, school, work, just everything. I'm that guy that everyone hates because he's always too positive. Once I made these changes and became a lot happier person, my grades improved, i got a girlfriend, and I never have a single thing to complain about. Now I go to the gym and come out a lot happier.

It sounds lame and cheesy but I really feel like if I can do it anyone can. You don't have to jump in head first and suddenly change everything. Make a few changes at a time and they'll pay off in a big way.
    Eating healthy and getting proper nutrients does make a big difference in how you feel, which is why I choke down AnimalPak every morning.

Also, I am sorry to see so many guys in here who bundle up all their self-worth in the simple notion of whether or not they have a girlfriend. You need to love yourself first before you can love another person and, by no means, should you ever let someone else's perception of you dictate how you feel about yourself, whether negative or positive. You should seek validation in your own heart, not another's.

KingMoss84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingMoss84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingMoss84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingMoss84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingMoss84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingMoss84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingMoss84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingMoss84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingMoss84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingMoss84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingMoss84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Im getting better but i have the same problems that you did.

Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just did some research on the effects of exercise on mental health.

There are endless studies showing that exercise is at least as good a treatment for depression as prescription drugs.

Exercise is one of the few known ways to increases the production of brain cells (neurogenesis). Some studies have shown a link between brain mass in areas like the hipocampus and depression/lack of cognitive function.

It also increases levels of serotonin in the brain for 4-6 hours after working out. This is big because serotonin is a "feel good" neurotransmitter and low levels of it are associated with depression.

We are built to do stuff, not sit around. Staying active and pushing oneself is the way to get and stay healthy.