Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Angry why the hell cant i gain mass?!?!

my name is josh im 5'11 around 158 lbs, ive been lifting off and on for about 1 year, and i eat a normal amiunt of food everyday. i can seem to make ANY kind of gains in any area of my body. please i need some advice on what i should try.
    ImOnMyW@y_77

jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 1moreRep77 View Post
    my name is josh im 5'11 around 158 lbs, ive been lifting off and on for about 1 year, and i eat a normal amiunt of food everyday. i can seem to make ANY kind of gains in any area of my body. please i need some advice on what i should try.
    how much is this "normal amount"?
    quitters will always quit and be a failure in life

Never give up and reach your goals no matter what and be successful in life. Ask yourself why am i here? Why am i doing this?

Truth sometimes hurt
    Truth sometimes makes you feel good
    one way or another each comment is your motive to go even further

Taylorgains96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taylorgains96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taylorgains96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taylorgains96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taylorgains96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taylorgains96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taylorgains96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taylorgains96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taylorgains96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taylorgains96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Taylorgains96 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eat more, track what you eat at a site like FitDay.com. It really helped me. Also search around the forums about "Bulking" and what not.

TylerB502 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerB502 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerB502 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerB502 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerB502 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerB502 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerB502 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerB502 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerB502 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerB502 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TylerB502 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "For breakfast you need to eat four of those breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds. I don't care which ones you get, but make sure to get four. Order four hash browns, too. Now grab two packs of mayonnaise and put them on the hash browns and then slip them into the sandwiches. Squish that **** down and eat. That's your breakfast."

At this point I'm thinking this guy is nuts. But he's completely serious.

"For lunch you're gonna eat Chinese food. Now I don't want you eating that crappy stuff. You wanna get the stuff with MSG. None of that non-MSG bull****. I don't care what you eat but you have to sit down and eat for at least 45 minutes straight. You can't let go of the fork. Eat until your eyes swell up and become slits and you start to look like the woman behind the counter."

"For dinner you're gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you don't like sardines, don't put 'em on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that ****er up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that **** over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the **** out of it."

"Now before you lay into it, I want you to sit on your couch and just stare at that ****er. I want you to understand that that pizza right there is keeping you from your goals."

This guy is in a zen-like state when he's talking about this.

"Now you're on the clock," he continues. "After 20 minutes your brain is going to tell you you're full. Don't listen to that ****. You have to try and eat as much of the pizza as you can before that 20-minute mark. Double up pieces if you have to. I'm telling you now, you're going to get three or four pieces in and you're gonna want to quit. You ****ing can't quit. You have to sit on that couch until every piece is done.

And if you can't finish it, don't you ever come back to me and tell me you can't gain weight. 'Cause I'm gonna tell you that you don't give a **** about getting bigger and you don't care how much you lift!"

Did I do it? Hell yeah. Started the next day and did it for two months. Went from 260 pounds to 297 pounds. And I didn't get much fatter. One of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, though.

Ventura41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ventura41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ventura41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ventura41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ventura41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ventura41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ventura41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ventura41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ventura41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ventura41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ventura41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

probably has something to do with "I eat a normal amount of food everday" and "lifiting off and on"

Eat more and lift 3 times a week.

Or maybe you're a troll.

1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1moreRep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jimmybody View Post
    how much is this "normal amount"?
    not too little but at the same time im not eating ALOT.
    ImOnMyW@y_77

jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    not too little but at the same time im not eating ALOT.
    i would have to agree to the post above me. Keep track of what your eating.
    6 small meals through out the day
    quitters will always quit and be a failure in life

Never give up and reach your goals no matter what and be successful in life. Ask yourself why am i here? Why am i doing this?

Truth sometimes hurt
    Truth sometimes makes you feel good
    one way or another each comment is your motive to go even further

Kesslerm2015 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kesslerm2015 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kesslerm2015 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kesslerm2015 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kesslerm2015 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kesslerm2015 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kesslerm2015 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kesslerm2015 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kesslerm2015 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kesslerm2015 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kesslerm2015 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bro eat more. trust me. ive been putting on 2lb a week just from throwing in 600 more cals a day
    and working out hard of course
    get your sleep too

Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TylerB502 View Post
    "For breakfast you need to eat four of those breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds. I don't care which ones you get, but make sure to get four. Order four hash browns, too. Now grab two packs of mayonnaise and put them on the hash browns and then slip them into the sandwiches. Squish that **** down and eat. That's your breakfast."

At this point I'm thinking this guy is nuts. But he's completely serious.

"For lunch you're gonna eat Chinese food. Now I don't want you eating that crappy stuff. You wanna get the stuff with MSG. None of that non-MSG bull****. I don't care what you eat but you have to sit down and eat for at least 45 minutes straight. You can't let go of the fork. Eat until your eyes swell up and become slits and you start to look like the woman behind the counter."

"For dinner you're gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you don't like sardines, don't put 'em on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that ****er up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that **** over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the **** out of it."

"Now before you lay into it, I want you to sit on your couch and just stare at that ****er. I want you to understand that that pizza right there is keeping you from your goals."

This guy is in a zen-like state when he's talking about this.

"Now you're on the clock," he continues. "After 20 minutes your brain is going to tell you you're full. Don't listen to that ****. You have to try and eat as much of the pizza as you can before that 20-minute mark. Double up pieces if you have to. I'm telling you now, you're going to get three or four pieces in and you're gonna want to quit. You ****ing can't quit. You have to sit on that couch until every piece is done.

And if you can't finish it, don't you ever come back to me and tell me you can't gain weight. 'Cause I'm gonna tell you that you don't give a **** about getting bigger and you don't care how much you lift!"

Did I do it? Hell yeah. Started the next day and did it for two months. Went from 260 pounds to 297 pounds. And I didn't get much fatter. One of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, though.
    Utter BS.

I don't eat nearly this much, and I gain like crazy. Just eat fairly large HEALTHY meals, and drink protein shakes several times a day. Chinese food is loaded with soy, which increases estrogen. And all the white dough that is in McMuffins and pizza is a waste of stomach space...you're better off eating smaller (but still large) meals that have high amounts of protein and healthy carbs, which are actually useful for muscle building. Do you think your car is going to go a longer distance with 15 gallons of water, or 10 gallons of gas?

And it would be helpful to know what exactly is your definition of the word "much".

thatoneguy1990 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatoneguy1990 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatoneguy1990 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatoneguy1990 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatoneguy1990 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatoneguy1990 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatoneguy1990 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatoneguy1990 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatoneguy1990 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatoneguy1990 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatoneguy1990 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    GOMAD-gallon of milk a day on top of eating what you usually do

combine GOMAD with

seefood diet-eat everything in sight

GOMAD+seefood = weight gain
    Champion by 2017 Crew - Join for Self Improvement Gains - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170048823&p=1413937353

**12/28/14 jamespoe1's Legendary Thread Crew**
    the weak quit
    the more difficult but righteous path crew
    road to 175 lbs crew
    need to change avi after 5 years crew
    cpa exam passed crew

Jellyrolls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jellyrolls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jellyrolls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jellyrolls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jellyrolls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jellyrolls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jellyrolls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jellyrolls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jellyrolls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jellyrolls will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jellyrolls will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1) Eat more
    2) work hard
    3) 7-8 hrs of sleep
    4) Healthy food

= Success
    Philippians 4:13
    "I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me."

Luke 6:37
    “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

"Only God can Judge Me."

"A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50) thehybridpyro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP isn't eating enough.
    "Alot" isn't enough.
    Eat 1.5-2x what you eat now.

/thread
    Current Goal (Sept 14th)
    Weight 185 200
    Bench 295 315
    Squat 405x2 455
    Dead 405x5 455x5
    Dead 455x1 500x1
    Row 205x5 225x10
    Clean 255 275

Owe reps:
    JC_Strongman, SkinnyPastyNerd, 9chimaira0x, ben_DL, JohnathanTa, wygdwicfy
    Negs 4 life:
    IronMau5

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Metallicles View Post
    Utter BS.

I don't eat nearly this much, and I gain like crazy. Just eat fairly large HEALTHY meals, and drink protein shakes several times a day. Chinese food is loaded with soy, which increases estrogen. And all the white dough that is in McMuffins and pizza is a waste of stomach space...you're better off eating smaller (but still large) meals that have high amounts of protein and healthy carbs, which are actually useful for muscle building. Do you think your car is going to go a longer distance with 15 gallons of water, or 10 gallons of gas?

And it would be helpful to know what exactly is your definition of the word "much".
    Yes, good luck calling out Dave Tate on that, lol...

It has nothing to do with eating HEALTHY, genius.

It's a waste of stomach space Why? Is it not primarily composed of carbohydrates, the same as any bread on the planet?

Why are you better off eating smaller meals? Meal frequency has been demonstrated to have no effect on body composition, nice fail.

Lolwut, only 'healthy' carbohydrates are useful for building muscle? Why?

Oh, and let's make this a fairer comparison:

Is your car likely to run further on 10 gallons of fuel (calories and macronutrients) or 10 gallons of fuel (calories and macronutrients)?

Hmm tough one.

Long story short, don't ****ing post.

Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What a surprise. Everyone's main concern is the amount of food he is eating. Doesn't matter what it is, doesn't matter what workout routine he is doing. Just eat a ton, and you will become the next Arnold.

Yeah, right........

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What a surprise. Everyone's main concern is the amount of food he is eating. Doesn't matter what it is, doesn't matter what workout routine he is doing. Just eat a ton, and you will become the next Arnold.

Yeah, right........
    Oh, so you believe you'll get fatter off 3,000 calories of McDonalds then of chicken and brown rice?

Time to go learn the basics mate.

You could cut on table sugar provided you were in a caloric deficit and still lose weight.

The food source does not matter. Caloric intake and macronutritional breakdown does. You can cry all you want, but that's a scientific premise.

Originally Posted by MrB1g View Post

It's a waste of stomach space Why? Is it not primarily composed of carbohydrates, the same as any bread on the planet?

Why are you better off eating smaller meals? Meal frequency has been demonstrated to have no effect on body composition, nice fail.

Is your car likely to run further on 10 gallons of fuel (calories and macronutrients) or 10 gallons of fuel (calories and macronutrients)?

Hmm tough one.

Okay, fine. Go ahead and eat as many unhealthy things as you want. It doesn't matter if you could have made better gains eating healthy, and it definitely doesn't matter if you have health problems later on in life from all the crap that you put in your body. In fact, why don't you just go on the twinkie diet.

And what a huge coincidence that the carbs found in mass gainers are always from oatmeal, sweet potato, etc and never from Wonder Bread. I wonder why?

Okay, fine. Go ahead and eat as many unhealthy things as you want. It doesn't matter if you could have made better gains eating healthy, and it definitely doesn't matter if you have health problems later on in life from all the crap that you put in your body. In fact, why don't you just go on the twinkie diet.

And what a huge coincidence that the carbs found in mass gainers are always from oatmeal, sweet potato, etc and never from Wonder Bread. I wonder why?
    Mate, can you actually offer any valid reason WHY you'd see better gains eating healthily?

Unless you can actually BACK UP your viewpoint, don't post it. I can back up my viewpoint, you can't.

I'm sorry, did I ever say eating unhealthily was healthy? No. I didn't.

I said the two considerations to make are caloric intake and macronutritional ratio.

If you meet those from McDonalds, fine. If you meet them from chicken and rice, fine.

Edit: Hahahaha. Are you SERIOUS about the mass gainers. O lawd...

Originally Posted by Goldn111 View Post
    I predict you will be called out on this...
    If anyone wants to do that, it's fine by me. If anything, I would be amused that they actually cared that much.

Oh, and where's my Wonder Bread Mass Gainer?

.Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Hmm tough one.

lol i could imagine dave tate coming on here:

Im dave tate,and im here to kick your ass!

If anyone wants to do that, it's fine by me. If anything, I would be amused that they actually cared that much.

Oh, and where's my Wonder Bread Mass Gainer?
    You do realise that mass gainers are pumped full of SUGAR, don't you?

****ing lol. Oatmeal and sweet potato. That's solid gold.

And yes, excal lol.

Excuse me Dave Tate, some 16 year old kid says you must have got fat because you ate unhealthily.

Mate, can you actually offer any valid reason WHY you'd see better gains eating healthily?
    Same reason people on here recommend taking a multi. Doesn't it make sense that when your body is healthy, it can build muscle more easily?

You do realise that mass gainers are pumped full of SUGAR, don't you?

****ing lol. Oatmeal and sweet potato. That's solid gold.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/rtn/massbuilder.html

Sweetened with Stevia. Carbs from brown rice, oatmeal, sweet potato.

Same reason people on here recommend taking a multi. Doesn't it make sense that when your body is healthy, it can build muscle more easily?
    Lol. Yes I'm sure a 20 year old getting half their calories from McDonalds will have immediate health effects. Not.

Seeing as plenty of recent science indicates the body doesn't actually absorb anything from your common multivit, it's an invalid point anyway.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/rtn/massbuilder.html

Sweetened with Stevia. Carbs from brown rice, oatmeal, sweet potato.
    Cool, a decent product.

Unfortunately, the majority are not and are pumped with fillers.

My point is that empty carbs do not build muscle.

My point is that empty carbs do not build muscle.
    1. What is an 'empty' carb. It's either a carbohydrate, or not a carbohydrate. It either has a caloric value, or it doesn't. It can't be both 'empty' and a carbohydrate.

2. Either explain WHY or stop saying it.

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    eat more period i reccomend you need at least 2528 calories sound slike you have a fast metabolism try gain .5 - 2lb a week

track your calories macros !

train hard

be pateint

train everybody part 2x per week

train 5 days per week
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

1. What is an 'empty' carb. It's either a carbohydrate, or not a carbohydrate. It either has a caloric value, or it doesn't. It can't be both 'empty' and a carbohydrate.

2. Either explain WHY or stop saying it.
    Empty carbs vs complex carbs: white bread, sugar, corn, white rice, etc. VS. brown rice, whole grains, sweet potatoes, etc.

And there's a reason why the smart people get their carbs by eating oats, not white bread, when bulking.

deZelll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deZelll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deZelll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deZelll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deZelll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deZelll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deZelll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deZelll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deZelll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deZelll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deZelll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You need to eat more than you burn. Add about 500 cals to your diet

Originally Posted by Goldn111 View Post
    Fixed...
    Pretty sure "empty carbs" and "simple carbs" are the same thing....