YonkersCBR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

westside barbell certification or NSCA certification

I wanted to get some opinions on the two ... I want to get my strength and condition certification and I have been reading up on both ... but Id like to hear from people who may have one or the other .

I mean I know Louie Simmons is a legend but as far as the actual certification I dont know anyone who has it ... and from what I get the test isnt some mutliple choice and you actual have to read and study a good amount of material .

So let me know what you guys think on the two or if anyone else knows of any other organizations that have a good program i should consider for my certification also please let me know ... any info is greatly appreciated .

popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you want to get hired get the NSCA, if you want to know what you're talking about do the westside one. I'd get both personally, Louie is an encyclopedia of strength and conditioning knowledge.

shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50) shroper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with the post above me. A westiside cert proabably won't help you get a job, considering most ppl won't even know who the hell Louie Simmons is. FOr your own knowledge it would be very beneficial. I attended one of his certifications a few months back and it was the best thing I've done. Louie is an awesome guy, and super knowledgable when it comes to strength training. The results my clients have achieved using variations of his conjugate system are ridiculous. Everyone from soccer moms to professional athletes can benefit from westside training. Plus, the constant variation keeps clients interested and coming back for more sessions. Like I said, the singl ebest cert I attended since becoming a trainer. NASM, ACE, and all the major certifications teach you such crap, but are pretty much a requirement for getting job at any gym(other than a hardcore powerlifting/strength facility)

PS. Why does it censor the short version of certifications? (serts)
    Last edited by shroper; 12-23-2010 at 05:43 PM.

i was thinking about getting both certifications also ... both are about the same in price the westside being a little more expensive ... i also have half of the books he recommends ...i want to get hired but i would want to sacrifice any knowledge in order to do so ... so right now its looks like both .

wallbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) wallbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) wallbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) wallbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) wallbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) wallbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) wallbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) wallbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) wallbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) wallbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) wallbuilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    NSCA to get hired, apply for insurance, etc.

And then do the westside stuff to learn how to really train guys for strength and more athletes. I read over the westside cert stuff, I was rather impressed he wants you to read a physics book as one of his recommended books. Also I love the fact that his exam is all essay or part essay and not just multiple guess.
    Currently cutting down to 200 pounds, twenty down, twenty to go.

Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
    NSCA to get hired, apply for insurance, etc.

And then do the westside stuff to learn how to really train guys for strength and more athletes. I read over the westside cert stuff, I was rather impressed he wants you to read a physics book as one of his recommended books. Also I love the fact that his exam is all essay or part essay and not just multiple guess.
    thats exactly one of the reasons i was drawn to the westside cert. casue of the material he suggests to study and also thats its all in essay form and actually make you think and apply the information you learned ... instead of multiple choice and guessing lol

Strength/Condition Coach jdiritto's Avatar
    jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Louie Simmons is awesome, study everything he's ever released and all the materials required for the WSBB cert and you will be a better man.

but

what few people recognize WSBB wont care because experience trumps all..you can have all the certifications in the world but if you haven't demonstrated experience as a coach and look like a pencil neck, you'll never get a job unless golds gym or velocity sports is hiring
    Last edited by jdiritto; 01-12-2011 at 02:11 PM.

tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinyhulk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by shroper View Post

PS. Why does it censor the short version of certifications? (serts)
    Product name?

On topic OP i would say go with the well known NSCA
    2011 Carpe Diem Crew

Originally Posted by jdiritto View Post
    Louie Simmons is awesome, study everything he's ever released and all the materials required for the WSBB cert and you will be a better man.

but

what few people recognize WSBB wont care because experience trumps all..you can have all the certifications in the world but if you haven't demonstrated experience as a coach and look like a pencil neck, you'll never get a job unless golds gym or velocity sports is hiring
    So true ...