aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Trying to build...any advice?

I've been working out for a few years now, but it's mostly been for fat loss or just to improve athleticism. But now my goals are completely different and it's brand new territory it seems.

I want to try to build muscle now, any advice or articles anyone could suggest? Sometimes I think I may have something good, but seeing how I've never done it before I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks!

P.S. I've just started doing Isolated workouts about 2 months ago and it seems to be working pretty well, but I feel like I need to change it up so my body doesn't get used to doing the same routines. And I do about 30 minutes to 1 hour of cardio a day too. Eating is relatively clean. I've increased my protein intake significantly...
    "Failure comes from thinking, and we can not think our way to a better life!"
    -dazraf26

"A strong, healthy mind can only reside in a strong, healthy body."

jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Check out Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength. It's a great starting point. Good luck!
    You want to get bigger? EAT MORE! TRAIN HARD!
    You want abs? EAT LESS! TRAIN HARD!

KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just about the same I would recommend for guys, except obviously with less weight. Aside from me wanting to wife a girl that is regularly doing squats, deadlifts, and bench, they will also be a great foundation for strength.

I recommend staying in the 8-12 rep range until the muscular stamina is there, then lowing the reps to the 6-10 range as time goes on. I also recommend writing down what you do and increasing the weight by 5-10lbs each week to make sure you are growing.

You should see some awesome "beginner gains".

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM. Good luck!

aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilah89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sweet! Thanks guys! I'll definitely be utilizing those suggestions!

Any supplements you might recommend also? I'm on Xtend and Whey protein as of right now...do I need more than that?
    "Failure comes from thinking, and we can not think our way to a better life!"
    -dazraf26

"A strong, healthy mind can only reside in a strong, healthy body."

KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aprilah89 View Post
    Sweet! Thanks guys! I'll definitely be utilizing those suggestions!

Any supplements you might recommend also? I'm on Xtend and Whey protein as of right now...do I need more than that?
    Whey protein is the really only essential IMO. A multivitamin is always a good idea for overall health, and fish oils are a great source of healthy fats that can help you stay lean.