Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    The Vascularity Monster Veteran_Gymnast's Avatar
    Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The Official Weightless Workout Thread

I'm gonna make a list of workouts I use without weights. I'm kinda going to work from upper body down to lower body... Anyone that has any other good workouts PLEASE ADD TO IT... make a post and include the section of body it works out... I can compile the list later.

Traps:
    Shoulder Shrugs in handstand
    (I don't really want traps that big.... mine are about medium and help make the shoulders look fine.. I'm happy with that...)

Shoulders:
    Handstands
    wall sit while holding arms up against the wall until they fall off lol

Chest/Biceps:
    Pushups with Fingers pointed in and elbows out (Hershey, Shoulder's Width, and Wide pushups flexing pecs on peak of pushup)
    "Knuckles In, Fingers out" Pullups

Triceps:
    dips. Keep your elbows in.
    pushups with fingers out elbows in and flexing tri's at peak of pushup

Upper back/Lats:
    wide grip fingers-over-the-bar "military" pullups (behind the head, elbows out)
    or
    regular wide grip fingers-over-the-bar elbows out pullups if you can't do behind the head yet or if it hurts your shoulders to do so.

Lower Back/Gluts:
    Arch ups? I never do em...
    Supermans (lift 90-degree or straight arms up while lifting legs up)
    "back crunches" (like a crunch, but you lay on your stomach and squeeze your lower back at the peak of it)

Stomach/Obliques:
    "Full-Length" situps (lay flat, sit up with arms behind your head, touch toes, repeat)
    Bicycles until I can't breathe (works obliques too)
    Pike ups (bring legs and arms up in the air and touch, done fast)
    L-Seat on pull-up bar (works hip flexors and lower stomach)
    Pike ups on pull-up bar
    concentration crunches, let legs fall to one side to work obliques

Gluts/Hamstrings:
    As a former gymnast I can do full right and left splits and "chinese" or middle splits about 1 foot from the ground... May sound sick to you all... but having that kind of flexibility greatly reduces possiblity of injury and is all around useful. I've never really known a weightless workout for hamstrings though...
    I also do Tae Kwon Do... so side and back kicks naturally do gluts.

Quads(I hate working these out):
    "frog jumps"... like hindu squats but jumping forwards
    90 degree wall sit with ankle-to-knee vertical and knee-to-hip horizontal

calves:
    ..... none? all I know about these is calf raises on the stairs... those take forever and I hate em'... any more?

big toe muscle (Woos the ladies!):
    raise and lower 10,000 times tones the toe!!!
    j/k lol

ADD YOUR "WEIGHTLESS" WORKOUTS TO THE LIST!!!

*I've had reconstructive surgery on my wrist.... My "ending" gymnastics injury involved a broken wrist and a torn off ligament... I did gymnastics for 9 months like that becuase we thought it was just bad tendanititis (but mainly because my coach was tough and I promosed I would finish the season.... there's no going back on a promise!!!)

I've been blessed with "good genetics" and I was an extremely skinny and hyper child. Here's me (how many times have I posted this picture?... oh well)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Veteran_Gymnast; 11-06-2003 at 03:02 PM.
    Kid: *Looks at the veins in my arms* "WOAH! Are you on crack or something?!"
    Personal Trainer: "Your veins are like pipes O_o...." :D

Age: 18, Height 5'7", Weight: 150lbs, ****type: Mesomorph, Fiber Type: Fast Twitch (Quit being anal, I know I have both.)

I've switched things up. Maybe I'll post some new maxes soon. (My size-strength ratio is so bad! :P)

People, you have my respect: IGF, EmperialChina

ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am simply curious: why don't you use weights to work out?

Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteran_Gymnast will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well... After doing gymnastics for 5 years (weightless, but amazing results) I naturally lean towards no weights.... but I've treid weights before.... I just like the "natural" approach...

also, if you only use your body weight... you know what you can do in "so and so" situation.... because you have done it and you only weigh what you weigh... if you use weights sometimes the muscles you gain are really only useful for lifting heavier weights... other valid reasons are:

1. It is easier to get injured when lifting weights
    2. I am still growing and don't want to possibly stunt my growth
    3. my type of (sometimes smaller) muscle is better for some things: e.g. rock climbing, GYMNASTICS! lol, wrestling, other things that big muscles don't help with
    4. I like my mobility, big muscles usually constrict
    5. I I like the look that these workouts give, and I've seen waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many fat guys that use weights (I'm sure there is a way to look great using weights... but it is so much more difficult in my eyes)

That's the gist of how I feel about it. Hope I didn't offend anyone... you asked....

now back to topic... post your natural workouts that I didn't include please

Age: 18, Height 5'7", Weight: 150lbs, ****type: Mesomorph, Fiber Type: Fast Twitch (Quit being anal, I know I have both.)

I've switched things up. Maybe I'll post some new maxes soon. (My size-strength ratio is so bad! :P)

Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WICKED AWESOME!

Thanks a lot for posting that, Gymnast. I appreciate it.

The great thing about working out with your bodyweight is the versatility. If you're going on a trip and can't bring your machines, you can just use your body weight. Great for traveling, or maybe, when you're stuck somewhere and can't get to a gym.

w00t!!!!~!11!~!~!!!2
    Fedora (260+) is banned. I am Fedora II. All the other Fedoras are stupid impersonators.

Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fedora II has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Veteran_Gymnast
    1. It is easier to get injured when lifting weights
    2. I am still growing and don't want to possibly stunt my growth
    3. my type of (sometimes smaller) muscle is better for some things: e.g. rock climbing, GYMNASTICS! lol, wrestling, other things that big muscles don't help with
    4. I like my mobility, big muscles usually constrict
    5. I I like the look that these workouts give, and I've seen waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many fat guys that use weights (I'm sure there is a way to look great using weights... but it is so much more difficult in my eyes)
    1. VALID
    2. INVALID - You can't stunt your growth if you follow safety precautions
    3. I DON'T KNOW - I don't understand what you're trying to say
    4. I DON'T KNOW - Muscles constrict movement (this big guy at school has huge arms and can't move it much), but, y'know. It's not that bad.
    5. Fat guys that use weights are still alright.
    Fedora (260+) is banned. I am Fedora II. All the other Fedoras are stupid impersonators.

FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    oh, i see, weights arent natural.....
    Holla if ya hear me

Originally posted by FREAKZILLA
    oh, i see, weights arent natural.....
    They're not natural, but they're close enough. After all, if you really want to be natural, then go and live in the woods. You freakin' monkey. We live in a world of technology.

No prob Fedora II. Yeah, that's 1 plus I forgot to mention; you can do those workouts just about anywhere

('cept for dips and pullups if you can't find bars)

Keep on postin' all? does noone have any additional weightless workouts?

T2Rocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T2Rocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

sorry gymnast but i wrestle, and the thing that seperates a good wrestler from an awsome wrestler is who lifts weights. Many people think its technique, but if u look at the college lvl and even olmpic u will see that they all use basic moves. My real point however is that if som1 wants to be good at wrestling, they gotta lift the weights. Sorry but pushups arent gonna cut it once u can do about 277 in a row, like myself. Im not bragging, but just saying that your wrong with your statement about how bodyweight exercises are best for wrestlers and the such.
    later

T2Rocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T2Rocs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

sry
    Last edited by T2Rocs; 05-27-2003 at 05:12 PM.

Thumbs down

sorry gymnast but i wrestle, and the thing that seperates a good wrestler from an awsome wrestler is who lifts weights. Many people think its technique, but if u look at the college lvl and even olmpic u will see that they all use basic moves. My real point however is that if som1 wants to be good at wrestling, they gotta lift the weights. Sorry but pushups arent gonna cut it once u can do about 277 in a row, like myself. Im not bragging, but just saying that your wrong with your statement about how bodyweight exercises are best for wrestlers and the such.
    later

sry about posting 2 times lol

What about the growth stunt? Is that theory debunked yet?

Thumbs up

diamand push-ups for triceps are a good one

Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I didn't go to the teen boards for a while for this reason, and I come back and it is worse than ever! It seems like there are only trolls on the teen board now besides about 10% of the people. All of your claims are wrong.
    Last edited by Pro; 05-27-2003 at 04:34 PM.

FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10) FREAKZILLA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Fedora II
    yes
    Holla if ya hear me

hey man, did i say anything wrong?

Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thats very nice, you look just about a little bigger then me (been working out for half a year) and you dont use weights! good job

Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Fedora II
    Well... Probabaly about 100000000000000000000 times in the last month.

Just search for it.

But NO it doesn't stunt your growth when using good form and no weights that are too heavy for you.
    It's not as hard as you think it is.
    Educate yourself, but stop thinking too much...

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: The Official Weightless Workout Thread

Originally posted by Veteran_Gymnast

Traps:
    Shoulder Shrugs on Parallel bars
    (I don't really want traps that big.... mine are about medium and help make the shoulders look good.. I'm happy with that...)

How are these done? Do you mean like dips except you don't bend at the elbows only your shoulders are moving? I don't think this would work your traps much although handstands probably do.

Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by T2Rocs
    hey man, did i say anything wrong?
    Not you, I stopped reading after the gymnast's posts.

i think his workout(no offense to him) is pretty lame. He's not gonna get much bigger if he keeps up with these bodyweight exercises

I mainly got mad about how he said weights stunt your growth and how he said you get muscle bound. If you stretch and do HIIT cardio at least once a week you won't get muscle bound.

he obviously has no idea how long it would take to get muscle bound also

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey gymnast you might be interested in these workouts:
    http://www.trainforstrength.com/workouts.shtml

T2rocs and pro... please don't be offended, perhaps I am wrong about some things... that guy asked and that's what I think... and perhaps you are right... but think like this too:
    the thing that seperates a good wrestler from a bad one is one who works out? perhaps that it the difference? of course someone who works out will most likely beat someone who doesn't ... but someone who does weights will not necessarily beat someone who works out without weights...
    P.S. T2rocs please go to edit and delete your 2 duplicate posts

thanks again softmuscled

about the stunting growth thing.. It doesn't matter whether its true or not to me... beleive whatcha want (and I said POSSIBLY by the way. (implying that I am not sure whether it will or not))

breathing murder:
    sorry... I was totally wrong on that... I was thinking about that earlier and it is totally and completely wrong... shoulder shrugs on p-bars work lats/pecs I think (try doing it in the air and you will see) or something around that general area lol... I've had no access to p-bars recently and have forgotten exactly what those work. I know I got these traps from somewhere!!! (they aren't huge, but bigger than normal)... I think it is from handstands... when you do them FACING THE WALL.... push up... I mean... keep your shoulders from "sagging"... try it and I think you will see.

T2rocs again:
    Please stop insulting my workouts. I also realize it will take longer to "bulk" by doing these. The thing about weightless is mostly mental... if you don't have the ability to push yourself to the max you WON'T get stronger... and THAT is where you are right... but I've had enough years of discipline to be able to push myself beyond the point where I "want" to go... They are effective. I don't insult Weight lifting, please don't insult my stuff.

Keep posting all! Ask questions, post extra workouts. Keep em coming!

gymnast disregard anything i said that offended u, what i was trying to say about the wrestling thing is that: a wrestler who works out with weights is more likely gonna be stronger because they can use more resistance than just their body weight. Theirfore it's kinda obvious that som1 who lifts weights will be stronger than some1 who doesnt
    later

ffknight84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    question for gymnast, how old are you???

no, im not being sarcastic in anyway, this is a serious question.
    King's College Lacrosse
    2003 3-11 ( ye we need work )
    2004 over .500

knight what u gonna tell him, cause im sure im gonna agree with what ya say

Cool

Gotcha T2rocs no hard feelings. Makes sense

I'm 16

(lol T2rocs, you are such a trouble maker)