HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Difference between whey protein and blend protein

Like the title stated. I've been taking supplements for half a year now and i'm still learning from everyone in this forum. For my protein i have Myofusion and i've had 2 tubs of 5lb so far.

People said thats a blend protein and i should take whey protein like ON. Whats the difference of whey and blend?

Much appreciated.

Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz
    Whey is just whey protein, could be whey protein concentrate, isolate, etc. A blend is multiple sources of protein in the product. An example would be a product that is say 40% whey, 20% misc casein, and 20% egg protein. Myofusion is a blend protein, but you don't know how much of each type there is in the product, just that there are multiple types of protein in it.

I would pick a good looking blend protein over straight whey any day but there isn't a huge difference between the two. Blends are actually better for post workout usage (some will argue otherwise).

joeski19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeski19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeski19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeski19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeski19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeski19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeski19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeski19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeski19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeski19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeski19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i've been working/running for over 8 yrs now and i'm still learning!! but I believe a blend protein involves many different forms of protein, such as whey, casein, and egg albumin. Different proteins are digested differently by the body, so it is good to have multiple sources as to ensure absorption.

proteins are built by combinations of amino acids, and the differences in amino acid chain lenght is what yields the differences in absorption rates. whey, with the shortest lenght gets absorbed the quickets, while casein has a relatively long length gets digested more slowly allowing for a constant supply of amino acids.

hope this helps
    Muscle - pieces of rubber. All that I am, I am because of my mind.

HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Synapsin View Post
    Whey is just whey protein, could be whey protein concentrate, isolate, etc. A blend is multiple sources of protein in the product. An example would be a product that is say 40% whey, 20% misc casein, and 20% egg protein. Myofusion is a blend protein, but you don't know how much of each type there is in the product, just that there are multiple types of protein in it.

I would pick a good looking blend protein over straight whey any day but there isn't a huge difference between the two. Blends are actually better for post workout usage (some will argue otherwise).
    i've also read in the forums whey protein is absorbed faster than blend protein for a better and faster result. Is this true?

Because i still have a tub of myofusion to go and don't really want to replace it

Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000) Grouch714 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by HondoKneph View Post
    Like the title stated. I've been taking supplements for half a year now and i'm still learning from everyone in this forum. For my protein i have Myofusion and i've had 2 tubs of 5lb so far.

People said thats a blend protein and i should take whey protein like ON. Whats the difference of whey and blend?

Much appreciated.
    Simple answer is Whey protein (non blend) such as ON is faster absorbing. Blended protein such as Myofusion has different proteins in it (egg, milk, whey and can't remember if casein is in there) which has fast and slow absorbing rates.

Now, some will say blend>whey but it's all personal opinion. I myself have both on hand. Whey for post workouts then I usually have a solid meal within an hour anyways. And a blended protein for other times of the day such as breakfast or in between meals.

Hope this helps
    "I'm not satisfied! I want more weight!" - Lou Ferrigno

KCChiefs/LALakers/LADodgers/USCTrojans!

All of this replies are great everyone. Thank you! Repped you all