thereefster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

please clear up my confusion..

i saw in one video,the guy is doing some back workout,and after that he's telling that his biceps are pumped and he proceeds to do biceps workout..

from what i know if you do biceps after your do some workout that requires your biceps as secondary muscle you will not get the best out of the biceps workout..the same applies to the chest workout you wouldn't want to do triceps after chest because youo already pre-exhaust your triceps after all those bench pressing ,chest dips etc...

am i right??

JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJinSS is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by thereefster View Post
    i saw in one video,the guy is doing some back workout,and after that he's telling that his biceps are pumped and he proceeds to do biceps workout..

from what i know if you do biceps after your do some workout that requires your biceps as secondary muscle you will not get the best out of the biceps workout..the same applies to the chest workout you wouldn't want to do triceps after chest because youo already pre-exhaust your triceps after all those bench pressing ,chest dips etc...

am i right??
    yea your right
    in most cases

chest exercises like bench and incline require ur triceps
    and if your going heavy ur triceps will get worked
    but for a beginner ur triceps probably cannot take the extra volume
    but for more advanced bigger stronger dudes they can do more volume.

same with the bicep. all pulling exercises require biceps but sometimes they don't get worked hard enough.

most people like to call it, "finishing em off"

CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You have to build your bicep or tricep routine around the fact that they are pre-exhausted. You won't be able to lift as much as if you would on a dedicated arm day, but that doesn't mean you can't have good results.

For example, I train chest and shoulders on the same day. I hit chest first, then for shoulders I don't have to use heavy weight. Works great for me.

Also if you get efficient at training your back, you recruit less involvement from your arms. In the last few sets of my back routine is when my arms start getting a little pump.
    Last edited by CaseyofDoom; 12-27-2010 at 01:00 AM.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

am i right??
    --------------

You're partially right. On the one hand, it is true that your biceps will be used extensively in chins, rows, pulldowns...whatever and they may not have enough gas left to do a really good bicep workout after back is done. Some people say that it doesn't matter all that much as they have already been worked by the back work (which is true) so therefore you don't need a whole lot of sets.

However, if your bis are weak (as well as your tris in some cases), then it might be a good idea to hit them together on another day. If you do so, then try and space out a couple of days between chest/back and arm workouts. Since I don't know what kind of routine you're doing, if you're on a split, you could do chest and shoulders on Monday, back on Tuesday, take Wednesday off, do legs on Thursday, and arms (and maybe calves as well) on Friday. Or, reverse the order and do arms on Monday first if they're really weak, then legs, and so on. JMO...
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

am i right??
    Technically yes that if you do biceps isolation exercises after a back workout, you will be using somewhat less weight than if you had done biceps "fresh".

However in no way is this a bad thing. Chins and rows are biceps exercises so your arms are already getting a workout.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    Technically yes that if you do biceps isolation exercises after a back workout, you will be using somewhat less weight than if you had done biceps "fresh".

However in no way is this a bad thing. Chins and rows are biceps exercises so your arms are already getting a workout.
    This ^^^^^

Pre-exhaustion is, in fact, an acknowledged bodybuilding strategy, among the many that are available.
    Time To Re-Schedule

biggestdog2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggestdog2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggestdog2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggestdog2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggestdog2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggestdog2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggestdog2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggestdog2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggestdog2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggestdog2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggestdog2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Different training methods.

Some people believe that since you work biceps indirectly during a back session you might as well 'finish them off' after.

Some people would say bis are already fatigued and so training them is not as productive since the intensity will be lower.

Personally i have an arms day but if i was more pressed for time id do chest/bis and back/tris since they are antagonistic (sort of).
    Signatures are for *******s!

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by biggestdog2007 View Post
    Different training methods.

Some people believe that since you work biceps indirectly during a back session you might as well 'finish them off' after.

Some people would say bis are already fatigued and so training them is not as productive since the intensity will be lower.

Personally i have an arms day but if i was more pressed for time id do chest/bis and back/tris since they are antagonistic (sort of).
    Probably depends on how many days separation between chest bis and back tris. Does make for a long workout tho.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555