BulkDozer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Is training forearms necessary?

I have never trained my forearms ever since I have been working out. Though I'm starting to think maybe forearms is the main thing to work out to help lift up weights, curls etc....

Cause lets say you are doing bicep curls when you are lifting it, it uses abit of your forearm right? When you bring it down, it really uses it alot if you bring it down slow. So I'm starting to think should I include forearm workout into my routine? - Will I benefit from this? Hence I got small forearms and arms and during my arm workouts I have been stuck on the same curling weight for quite some time now. Cannot progress in weight for some reason, I wonder what it could be.

How many of you guys workout your forearms and don't?

MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually do a exercise that will also work my forearms a lil!

spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I used to twice a week, i worked different heads of the forarmbut now i switched to once a week and they are making crazy fast progress. good shape .
    So I ask.... Why not train forarms
    Each evening I go to bed with doubt by my side and each morning I wake with doubt to greet me. It ain’t easy to live with that sh*t, but it is a part of the uncommon life. There are no promises or guarantees, only an untold future with no regard for your desire for comfort or security.

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***
    CajunPballer 4 teen section mod. MANLETPOWER

MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MASS23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would go ahead and work them once bro!

ALWAYS REP BACK! ALWAYS (NEG BACK)

NO PAIN NO GAIN

BENCH/ 190 LBS/ 10 REP

SQUAT/ 215 LBS/ 10 REP

BULKING- START DATE 12/19/2010

START 172LBS CURRENT 189.5 LBS

michael_xyz is a name known to all. (+5000) michael_xyz is a name known to all. (+5000) michael_xyz is a name known to all. (+5000) michael_xyz is a name known to all. (+5000) michael_xyz is a name known to all. (+5000) michael_xyz is a name known to all. (+5000) michael_xyz is a name known to all. (+5000) michael_xyz is a name known to all. (+5000) michael_xyz is a name known to all. (+5000) michael_xyz is a name known to all. (+5000) michael_xyz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just deadlift heavy.

tomry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Bulkdozer , You use your forearm everytime you work out our lat (pull somthn heavy).
    Some bodybuilders say that wide pull ups are the best exercise for your forearms!

You can also lift up somthn heavy (deadlift) it usually makes me sore as s*** .
    After every set of curls I do about 8reps of reverse curls . That should be enough.
    In order to succeed you must fail on HIT!

Donovan93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donovan93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donovan93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donovan93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donovan93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donovan93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donovan93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donovan93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donovan93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donovan93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Donovan93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do forearms after i do biceps
    ------------
    I Rep Back
    ------------

spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spud1345 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tomry View Post
    Hey Bulkdozer , You use your forearm everytime you work out our lat (pull somthn heavy).
    Some bodybuilders say that wide pull ups are the best exercise for your forearms!

You can also lift up somthn heavy (deadlift) it usually makes me sore as s*** .
    After every set of curls I do about 8reps of reverse curls . That should be enough.
    You can use straps in pull heavier weight therefor working that muscle heavier and more directly. Then do forarm work to get swole forarms... Win win in my mind
    Each evening I go to bed with doubt by my side and each morning I wake with doubt to greet me. It ain’t easy to live with that sh*t, but it is a part of the uncommon life. There are no promises or guarantees, only an untold future with no regard for your desire for comfort or security.

AITG ALPHA MALES

***New avi 07-01-2010***
    CajunPballer 4 teen section mod. MANLETPOWER

phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BulkDozer View Post
    I have never trained my forearms ever since I have been working out. Though I'm starting to think maybe forearms is the main thing to work out to help lift up weights, curls etc....

Cause lets say you are doing bicep curls when you are lifting it, it uses abit of your forearm right? When you bring it down, it really uses it alot if you bring it down slow. So I'm starting to think should I include forearm workout into my routine? - Will I benefit from this? Hence I got small forearms and arms and during my arm workouts I have been stuck on the same curling weight for quite some time now. Cannot progress in weight for some reason, I wonder what it could be.

Do standing behind the back forearm wrist rolls with a barbell. Use a weight that you can get about 10-15 reps till failure. Then, with no rest, do some seated DB wrist rolls with a weight that you will reach failure at no more than 10 reps. Your forearms will be screaming and the muscle fibers will just freeze up. If you do that once a week, you can make some big gains. It takes literally about 3-4 minutes to set up the weight and do it. No excuses.

Then, the next time you lift, do the same routine but either go up in weight or reps. Once you are able to do a few more reps for each, increase the weight. I've been doing something similar for shoulders and my strength is skyrocketing.
    355 Bench
    565 Dead
    520 Parallel Box Squat

I'll rest when your dead. Cyborg009's Avatar
    Cyborg009 is not very helpful. (-500) Cyborg009 is not very helpful. (-500) Cyborg009 is not very helpful. (-500) Cyborg009 is not very helpful. (-500) Cyborg009 is not very helpful. (-500) Cyborg009 is not very helpful. (-500) Cyborg009 is not very helpful. (-500) Cyborg009 is not very helpful. (-500) Cyborg009 is not very helpful. (-500) Cyborg009 is not very helpful. (-500) Cyborg009 is not very helpful. (-500)

I find then doing really slow preacher curl sets give em' a nice burn. many different exercises work them out secondary. It's probably not a huge issue- bicep strength will affect curling far more than forearm strength
    I want to be the very best, like no one ever was...

rezfromdead will become famous soon enough. (+50) rezfromdead will become famous soon enough. (+50) rezfromdead will become famous soon enough. (+50) rezfromdead will become famous soon enough. (+50) rezfromdead will become famous soon enough. (+50) rezfromdead will become famous soon enough. (+50) rezfromdead will become famous soon enough. (+50) rezfromdead will become famous soon enough. (+50) rezfromdead will become famous soon enough. (+50) rezfromdead will become famous soon enough. (+50) rezfromdead will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've never worked my forearms directly. Deadlifts, Clean and Presses, Chins, BB rows, Curls, and picking up heavy dumbbells all work the forearms.
    "...the exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you've got a kingdom!"
    -Jack LaLanne

SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

IMO hitting forarms is just as important as hitting biceps or triceps,

i hit my forearms with:
    reverse curls
    hammer curls

these are also great:
    wrist curls
    reverse wrist curls
    wrist rollers
    farmers walk
    u cant only take suppliments to get big, they help. alot. if u know how to take them. BUT ITS CALLED RED MEAT SON!!!

CANADA IS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD!!!! ANYONE WHO THINKS DIFFERENT NEEDS TO GO LIVE IN THE BUSH UP IN NORTHERN ALBERTA FOR A WEEK OR TWO!!!!!

foreveralone crew

lostchiekurs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lostchiekurs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lostchiekurs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lostchiekurs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lostchiekurs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lostchiekurs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lostchiekurs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lostchiekurs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lostchiekurs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lostchiekurs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lostchiekurs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would recommend you to train forearms. I really love the pump feeling.

chickeneater07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chickeneater07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chickeneater07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chickeneater07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chickeneater07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chickeneater07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chickeneater07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chickeneater07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chickeneater07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chickeneater07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chickeneater07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hammer curls x4

reverse wrist curls x3

and behind the back wrist curls x whatever

Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Nope, forearms are not necessary....

STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Get a stick (thick stick or anything for that matter), tie a shoe lace around it, tie weight at other end of shoe lace. Then roll it up and back down.

(Srs) One of the best forearms exercises besides wrist curls.

Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10) Metallicles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by STPinPA View Post
    Get a stick (thick stick or anything for that matter), tie a shoe lace around it, tie weight at other end of shoe lace. Then roll it up and back down.

(Srs) One of the best forearms exercises besides wrist curls.
    Substitute the stick with your own **** and there you go...you're officially multitasking.

STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Metallicles View Post
    Substitute the stick with your own **** and there you go...you're officially multitasking.
    Twisting your dick off is masturbation.

I've been doing it wrong feelsbadman.mpeg

kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50) kapsemaj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do a lot of DLs and reverse curls, works for me.

trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trailless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A heavy set of deadlifts, power cleans and pull ups. That's about the most forearm work I do.

dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000)
    personally, I don't find it necessary because I used to feel them on every back or biceps training
    I rep back 5k+, just say 5k+

reps for life: Vai , Cgrimaldo

SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchlachtMan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Metallicles View Post

Nope, forearms are not necessary....
    dude hope ur not serious that pic looks fukin horrible, big bi's but lack of forearms ruin it(srs)
    u cant only take suppliments to get big, they help. alot. if u know how to take them. BUT ITS CALLED RED MEAT SON!!!

CANADA IS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD!!!! ANYONE WHO THINKS DIFFERENT NEEDS TO GO LIVE IN THE BUSH UP IN NORTHERN ALBERTA FOR A WEEK OR TWO!!!!!

foreveralone crew

Originally Posted by SchlachtMan View Post
    dude hope ur not serious that pic looks fukin horrible, big bi's but lack of forearms ruin it(srs)
    I was being sarcastic. That picture was intended to show how bad it looks when you build MASSIVE bi's but absolutely no forearms. Granted, some peoples' forearms grow perfectly fine with regular bicep/tricep exercises...but others definitely need to isolate them in order for them to grow. The guy in the pic is a perfect example.

KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KoHuskie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am trying to work on my grip so I would say yes. I usually throw them in at the end of my leg day.

blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50) blessthefall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SchlachtMan View Post
    *facepalm*

Sanders21 is just really nice. (+1000) Sanders21 is just really nice. (+1000) Sanders21 is just really nice. (+1000) Sanders21 is just really nice. (+1000) Sanders21 is just really nice. (+1000) Sanders21 is just really nice. (+1000) Sanders21 is just really nice. (+1000) Sanders21 is just really nice. (+1000) Sanders21 is just really nice. (+1000) Sanders21 is just really nice. (+1000) Sanders21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd say so. Or at least, it depends. There's people with naturally big forearms that just grow great with normal compound lifts. Then there's small framed people like me that have skinny ass wrists/forearms/shins.

For us, it's necessary, because they won't grow too much otherwise. Ever since I started incorporating some exercises for them it's gotten them much bigger and I get a few comments on them.

Plus, meaty forearms when you're wearing a t-shirt looks sick.
    _=Unites States Air Force=_
    Miami Dolphins
    Free DIB
    FLIP GAMEOVER CREW

Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For forearms I've personally noticed that all you really need to do is excercises that require a really strong grip..... Like others posted deadlifts are great for this.... also dont know if it was mentioned but chinups work well too

Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rider91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you work forearms directly you'll make them grow, obviously at their own rate but that will give you mass on your upper body because according to some people you grow according your wrist and forearm size.