Wants 2B Infinite Beauty Snowgrrl83's Avatar
    Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Damn you chocolate peanut butter x-mas cookies... and other nutrition problems.

I've been doing great th keeping up with my workout routine and I feel much better than I used to.

I can keep to my diet "fairly" well when my boyfriend is out of town on business and there aren't a ton of social events happening. As soon as there is a social event or when my boyfriend is back home, everything becomes a mess. I guess it would help if I told him that I was on a "health kick", but then he would start complaining that he doesn't want me to become "big, with muscles".

We had the office christmas party yesterday and I told myself I would only have a *small* piece of desert. Next thing I know, I was having a conversation with co-workers while standing beside the pbutter and choco chip cookie platter and probably ate 20.

It sounds ridiculous, but I'll eat healthy for a week and then go on a crazy 2-day binge where I will eat anything and everything....and whatever I eat has to be high-fat and/or carb intesive...like french friends with cheese topped with gravy, bacon and pulled-pork (seriously)..it was like a heart-attack-in-a-meal. All of this is also encouraged by my boyfriend who eats "normally".

How do you all controle yourselves? I've read all these tricks and tips and I've tried them...but they don't work! How do I get my boyfriend to eat healthy? He doesn't like fish, he doesn't like whole-wheat bread and pasta, he doesn't like low-fat cheese and low-fat anything. He prefers butter to margarine...I can't get him to eat anything healthier!!! Do I need to trick him? Do I need to exclude him from the grocery store? He always wants to cook the meals too!!!!

KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KasaraBrianne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Offer to cook for him, and use the things he says he "doesn't like". I did this and now my entire family likes turkey bacon instead of regular, mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes, egg whites instead of whole eggs and so on!

But, I do the same thing! I overindulge on cookies whenever theyre around. I've been putting a little bit of chocolate in my shakes and flax seed muffins to help my cravings. And I eat 2 tbsp peanut butter a day so I don't neeed to eat the peanut butter cookies that are sitting at my house!

bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Snowgrrl83 View Post
    It sounds ridiculous, but I'll eat healthy for a week and then go on a crazy 2-day binge where I will eat anything and everything....and whatever I eat has to be high-fat and/or carb intesive...
    Are you being too restrictive with fat and carbs? Or calories overall? Make room in your diet for treats so you can have cookies, etc.

Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Snowgrrl83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I suppose he doesn't mind eating healthy when he doesn't "know" that its healthier. For example, the other day, I made French Toast with egg-whites only. He wanted French toast....I made them, but I didn't tell him they were egg-whites and not whole-eggs. I hate how I have to be sneaky about it. - he still doesn't know. I made scrambled egg-whites for myself the other day and he thought it was the most disgusting thing in the world. I commented on the idea of making egg-white french toast the other day too and he thought that it wouldn't be as good as whole-egg french toast (strange, considering the fact that he didn't know that he ate egg-white french toast the day before).

I must admit though, I'm not a fan of turkey bacon... turkey should just be itself and stop trying to imitate others (it just makes me think of that kid that tried too hard in highschool). I'd rather avoid bacon altogether and simply cut-out the bacon in the morning.

Don't they make "smart" pasta and bread that is "whole wheat" but looks and tastes like the white stuff? Maybe I should try fooling him with those? Is that what it is called "smart" pasta??? What is the brand?

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are only 105 lbs for 5'2". What is your current caloric intake and macro breakdown? Bingeing can be very difficult to control if you are too restrictive with your diet and this restrictiveness can hurt you in the long run as you cycle through a binge every once in a while. Post up your diet and goals, maybe we can help you.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Right now, for the past couple of months, I've just started monitoring my caloric intake...started this in August. I had never really "watched" my nutrition before...so this is a first for me. I realized that my intake was quite variable. Ranging from a low of 1000 calories in a day to an extreme 6000 calories in a day. Now I tried to keep my calorie intake around 1700 on weekdays and I try to stay under 3000 on Friday Saturday and Sunday... although I still end up going over on weekends... Ugh..too many temptations outside the office walls. I also realized that I often eat more than some men that are double my size.

I only started paying attention to macros only about a week or-so ago. I haven't really been monitoring them that closely but I'm starting to make the concious effort to eat less fat and more protein without yet cutting on carbs... I'm just not there yet! One step at a time is my current phylosophy.

I don't really want to go super strict since its my first time doing this, and if I do, it will for sure be failure. I also want to get rid of that slight layer of fat covering my abs....so annoying!

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    I suppose he doesn't mind eating healthy when he doesn't "know" that its healthier. For example, the other day, I made French Toast with egg-whites only. He wanted French toast....I made them, but I didn't tell him they were egg-whites and not whole-eggs. I hate how I have to be sneaky about it. - he still doesn't know. I made scrambled egg-whites for myself the other day and he thought it was the most disgusting thing in the world. I commented on the idea of making egg-white french toast the other day too and he thought that it wouldn't be as good as whole-egg french toast (strange, considering the fact that he didn't know that he ate egg-white french toast the day before).

I must admit though, I'm not a fan of turkey bacon... turkey should just be itself and stop trying to imitate others (it just makes me think of that kid that tried too hard in highschool). I'd rather avoid bacon altogether and simply cut-out the bacon in the morning.

Don't they make "smart" pasta and bread that is "whole wheat" but looks and tastes like the white stuff? Maybe I should try fooling him with those? Is that what it is called "smart" pasta??? What is the brand?
    Why can't you make French Toast with whole eggs? Nothing wrong with that.

What about back bacon? It tastes awesome and is low cal/high protein to boot.

I personally would not try to fool my partner. I heard somebody (maybe Leigh Peele?) talking recently about how the differences between whole wheat and white pasta are quite minimal in 'health' terms at the end of the day. My 2 cents are if eating regular old pasta or even white bread makes you happy and whole wheat makes you cry, go with what you love. Work it into your macros and be happy rather than feeling deprived.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    Why can't you make French Toast with whole eggs? Nothing wrong with that.

What about back bacon? It tastes awesome and is low cal/high protein to boot.

I personally would not try to fool my partner. I heard somebody (maybe Leigh Peele?) talking recently about how the differences between whole wheat and white pasta are quite minimal in 'health' terms at the end of the day. My 2 cents are if eating regular old pasta or even white bread makes you happy and whole wheat makes you cry, go with what you love. Work it into your macros and be happy rather than feeling deprived.
    I should try back bacon with the boyfriend - I personally love the stuff... I don't know how he will react to it.

I just think sometimes that small changes can make a big difference. Why not make egg-white french toast if it tastes just as good. I mean, isn't this about changing my nutrition for the best? The problem is that I eat exactly what my boyfriend eats. He buys a whole baguette bread for each dinner and eats the entire thing with half a stick of butter (along with the steak, potatoes, appetizers and veggies that was for dinner).... and I simply can't help myself... I figure, if we just changed that baguette for whole wheat or even simply swapped the butter for something marginally better for you, it would make a big difference in the long run. I am just 27 and I do have another 50 years or more to live. I don't want me (nor my partner) to die from heart disease and obesity like the rest of the continent....

FYI - my boyfriend is slightly overweight (contrary to me where I'm almost "underweight").

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Margerine is full of transfats and chemicals. Butter is better for you. Most "whole wheat" bread is as refined as white bread and no better for you.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    I should try back bacon with the boyfriend - I personally love the stuff... I don't know how he will react to it.

I just think sometimes that small changes can make a big difference. Why not make egg-white french toast if it tastes just as good. I mean, isn't this about changing my nutrition for the best? The problem is that I eat exactly what my boyfriend eats. He buys a whole baguette bread for each dinner and eats the entire thing with half a stick of butter (along with the steak, potatoes, appetizers and veggies that was for dinner).... and I simply can't help myself... I figure, if we just changed that baguette for whole wheat or even simply swapped the butter for something marginally better for you, it would make a big difference in the long run. I am just 27 and I do have another 50 years or more to live. I don't want me (nor my partner) to die from heart disease and obesity like the rest of the continent....

FYI - my boyfriend is slightly overweight (contrary to me where I'm almost "underweight").

For me eggs and butter are good choices. Especially butter. I adore it and won't use anything else on bread. Doesn't mean I'll eat a stick of it a day but I learned a long time ago that faux products generally just piss me off and make me want to rebel.

I do use egg whites but almost always throw a whole egg in. I'll never be convinced that egg whites taste just as good as eggs.

I guess it's a personal choice thing. What changes can you live with, what do you WANT to live with?

As for your b/f only he can decide what he puts in his mouth. You can certainly cook healthier dishes and have alternative snacks etc at hand, but at the end of the day it's his responsibility and decision. Just as it is yours to not eat exactly how he does if you find it a problem.

I know this can be tough, I have a hubby who likes to eat one way and 2 little kids who like to eat another and I have my own preferences too. I've found the best solution is to put a variety of options on the table (say main protein dish, starch, cut up veg & fruit) and then it's up to the individual.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

I guess it's a personal choice thing. What changes can you live with, what do you WANT to live with?

As for your b/f only he can decide what he puts in his mouth. You can certainly cook healthier dishes and have alternative snacks etc at hand, but at the end of the day it's his responsibility and decision. Just as it is yours to not eat exactly how he does if you find it a problem.

I know this can be tough, I have a hubby who likes to eat one way and 2 little kids who like to eat another and I have my own preferences too. I've found the best solution is to put a variety of options on the table (say main protein dish, starch, cut up veg & fruit) and then it's up to the individual.
    Best advice I've gotten in a while...I guess sometimes my brain needs to be refreshed!

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)

^^ great post..
    Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Margerine is full of transfats and chemicals. Butter is better for you. Most "whole wheat" bread is as refined as white bread and no better for you.
    I agree with you on the margerine thing.

But just to be clear, white bread is not bad for you.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KimPossible98 View Post
    I agree with you on the margerine thing.

But just to be clear, white bread is not bad for you.

I'm sorry, I didn't phrase that clearly. I meant that most supermarket whole wheat bread and white bread are of equal nutritional value.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/