Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)

Westside Barbell Gym Tour (Youtube 2 videos)

Credit to: http://www.hardcorestrength.tv

I found this on Youtube and though some of you guys may like it...

AJ Roberts takes you inside the famous Westside Barbell Gym.

Over in Ohio there exists a gym. We aren't talking about a franchise fitness center here that looks nice where you can be comfortable and have your happy workout. We are talking about a real gym. You know a scary place but a place where scary lifting is encouraged. This is a gym by the name of "Westside Barbell", a club for serious powerlifters.

So you walk into the gym and who knows what you will find. Maybe you will find a stronger version of men who look like Adul the butcher that are squatting two Yokozuna heavy weight sumo wrestlers on their back! And make that a room of 53 members, can you believe it! At the Westside barbell club, they have had over 53 freaks of nature that have totaled elite and 27 members who have totaled 2,000 with growing statistics weekly. This gym is prestigious and it's like a different planet then all the other gyms. Not because it looks special or anything but because it's a place where strong men become larger than life, where heavy weights become scary weights, and where your dark monster turns golden, because victory is on your way! Beware when you enter this gym! The weights will stare at you giving you no other choice than to growl right back at the weights. Westside is a gym with so much attitude, so much intensity, with so many freaks that look like they are from another world that you will have no other choice but be ready for a weight lifting war, a personal war against yourself, to beat your personal records.

Some lifters don't want to enter this gym. Why you might ask? Lou Simmons is a manipulator, an authoritarian, and you will have to do what Louie wants you to do. If you slack off, he will throw you out. If you come a few minutes late he will kick you out and Simmons totally monitors the training of his clients. Westside doesn't just accept the genetically gifted, but they accept the lifters who display a great deal of will power. These are the lifters that can gain from the Westside. The mentally weak will not survive at a club like Westside. If you are the type that walks around who judges the chicks, how big other guys are, how pretty others are, and how similar or different you are to others then Westside is not the place for you. Getting stronger has very little to do with an insecure animus phenomenon where lifters are looking to be socially accepted among men and women, rather Westside is a place to become the strongest man that you can be. And at Westside it doesn't matter how handsome, smart and rich you are. All that matters is that you love the feel of the chalk, the iron, the attitude and most of all to lift the drive to "LIFT MORE WEIGHTS"!

excerpt taken from " Westside Barbell" written by Ben Tator - criticalbench.com

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Some friends who own a gym locally here took a trip up there a couple of months ago. They took a bunch of pictures showing pretty much everything in that video. The place look(s) incredible and I would kill for half of that equipment.
    The only thing I don't like about it is how freaken destroyed it looks. The chaotic "organization" would drive me nuts. As much as I would love to lift and absorb the knowledge there....that mess would be enough for me to stop going.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

that is awesome. i've seen pics here and there, but the video tour is cooler. thanks accutron, reps when i spread enough. well, i get you everytime i can anyway, huh
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    animalfan

Man, I've seen that gif I don't know how many times....and it disturbs me each time....
    I'll have nightmares to night...thanks.

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    The lack of organization would push me right over the edge too.

To me it doesn't say "we train hard" it says "we don't respect our equipment, or the place we train." I have a problem with that.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    The lack of organization would push me right over the edge too.

To me it doesn't say "we train hard" it says "we don't respect our equipment, or the place we train." I have a problem with that.
    Or, "we don't respect the other people who have to dig through all this crap to find the stuff they need to use"

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post

that is awesome. i've seen pics here and there, but the video tour is cooler. thanks accutron, reps when i spread enough. well, i get you everytime i can anyway, huh
    Thanks bro!

I rep all the regulars too all the time, AF, you and Keet, but mostly it always tells me to wait for the spread...

Anyway you're right its a really nice gym, or at least kind of a famous place, or at least it is to me.

CGC - I agree it could be tidied up a bit more from what was in that vid. But I think the video makes it look messier than it is.

Westside Power Rack video:

Hyper Machine

sanman89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanman89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanman89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanman89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanman89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanman89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanman89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanman89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanman89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanman89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanman89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    O Yea miss the old school gyms.Tired of getting dirty looks when sometimes i forget to wipe a machine down!!!!!!

This is Westside Barbell

Forza Bench - Westside-Barbell.com

Those t-shirts in the black and green are pretty cool looking too.

Originally Posted by sanman89 View Post
    O Yea miss the old school gyms.Tired of getting dirty looks when sometimes i forget to wipe a machine down!!!!!!
    Grab yourself a case of staph and you'll be wiping stuff down and giving dirty looks to others as well...lol.

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    animalfan

Man, I've seen that gif I don't know how many times....and it disturbs me each time....
    I'll have nightmares to night...thanks.
    lol, i used to use it all the time. now i save it for special occasions sorry for the nightmares!
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That is definetly a hardcore gym, and they have some sweet equipment but I gotta agree with the organization. It would also drive me nuts. I am a very organized person.
    I'll watch the rest of the vids tonight.
    And animalfan.......that gif is just.....well......I don't even know
    []---[] Equipment Crew #29 []---[]

i guess i'm in the minority- i don't mind the mess.

i am glad most of you missed the time i first saw that gif, i posted it everywhere. until keetman told me it was "weird", then i decided to use it sparingly. i also really like this one:

JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JJ- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yea, That gif ^^^ is cool. Most hardcore gyms I have seen are pretty messy. There is nothing wrong with that, I am just a very organized person and it would drive me crazy. Guess that's why I like having my own gym so much.

Originally Posted by JJ- View Post
    Yea, That gif ^^^ is cool. Most hardcore gyms I have seen are pretty messy. There is nothing wrong with that, I am just a very organized person and it would drive me crazy. Guess that's why I like having my own gym so much.
    i keep my gym pretty straight, but mainly because it's in the basement and the kids go down there. if i had a dedicated to a gym, it would probably look more like the videos. i'm more of an organized chaos kind of guy, like my dad. maybe someday...

fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fishingeek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    lol, i used to use it all the time. now i save it for special occasions sorry for the nightmares!
    This one is my favorite

Geek
    []---[] Equipment Crew #34 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #1 []---[]

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."

Evolution of my gym:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131836863

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fishingeek View Post
    This one is my favorite

Geek
    Here's a couple more. What has happened to this thread? See what you started Animal?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

sorry accutron...

So now we know who has been hanging out in the misc. ....

Tour of DeFranco Gym.

Talks about and shows lots of nice equipment. Lots of EFTS equipment, qty=4 3x3 racks and platforms (4:30sec) , and other cool things.

Elitefts.com - November 2009 Gym Tour

Zach Even - Esh Tours The Elite FTS Compound

DeFrancos gym is awesome. I especially like the ipod sign.

Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    Tour of DeFranco Gym.

Talks about and shows lots of nice equipment. Lots of EFTS equipment, qty=4 3x3 racks and platforms (4:30sec) , and other cool things.

See....to me....that's far more organized (and appealing) to me than Westsides. I would workout there in a heartbeat and it wouldn't drive me crazy...

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Looking at those videos with Louie you can see he made them clean up, if that not how it stays when he is in the house. This is obviously the image he wants people to have of his gym. That looks like a place you would want to train.

I like DeFranco's too and Elite, you can see how they are each different because of the different focuses they have in their athletes.

My favorite though is DeFranco's, not the turf run, though an indoor prowler path would be a good idea but because the place is open with lots of space and no equipment you don't need.

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Looking at those videos with Louie you can see he made them clean up, if that not how it stays when he is in the house. This is obviously the image he wants people to have of his gym. That looks like a place you would want to train.

I like DeFranco's too and Elite, you can see how they are each different because of the different focuses they have in their athletes.

My favorite though is DeFranco's, not the turf run, though an indoor prowler path would be a good idea but because the place is open with lots of space and no equipment you don't need.
    i don't know which would be my first choice, but i think elite would. i think there would be more of a variety of training styles to learn there.

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    What is the general focus of these gyms? It seems like DeFrancos, while simple, is pretty focused on athletic performance. Westside seems like a mix of strength and athleticism. And EliteFTS seems a little more well rounded with an edge toward strength.

Is there such a thing as a "bodybuilding" gym? Or would that just be a bigger Golds Gym that has been endorsed by some random bodybuilding guy?

Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iriart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All these vids are sick!

Originally Posted by OutKlast View Post
    What is the general focus of these gyms? It seems like DeFrancos, while simple, is pretty focused on athletic performance. Westside seems like a mix of strength and athleticism. And EliteFTS seems a little more well rounded with an edge toward strength.

Is there such a thing as a "bodybuilding" gym? Or would that just be a bigger Golds Gym that has been endorsed by some random bodybuilding guy?
    Actually Elite is also Athleticism and Strength, with a touch of Bodybuilding.

There really is no such thing as a Bodybuilding gym. They are pretty much gone as bodybuilding is pretty much what can be done at any modern gym or old school ones.

If there is any left it would be this one:

http://www.seeing-stars.com/play/goldsgym.shtml

Not the chain but this one.

Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Known about these videos for a while. I would love to train there in that atmosphere. Man....
    I don't care.