Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Location: Cruisin down the street in my 6-4, Jockin the bitches, slappin the ho's, Western Sahara
    Stats: 6'0", 202 lbs
    ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ARNOLDISNUMERO1's BodySpace

Post Moe El Moussawi's insane training routines

This guys got a pretty aesthetic look, but his training is pretty unconventional, good read tho:

Moe El Moussawi may not be a familiar name in the bodybuilding world just yet, but all that seems likely to change very soon. After toiling away in relative obscurity for his first years as an IFBB Professional League bodybuilder, he rocketed all the way to third at the 2008 Ironman Pro--his highest placing at that point--behind winner Phil Heath and runner-up Gustavo Badell, and ahead of established pros Silvio Samuel (fourth) and Johnnie Jackson (fifth). Not bad for a guy who placed 14th at the same show the two previous years.
    El Moussawi finished 2008 with third at the Grand Prix Australia and ninth at his first ever Mr. Olympia. He hit the ground running in 2009, taking runner-up at the Ironman Pro. With his added size and density, suddenly El Moussawi's name is on lists of preshow favorites. Here are the principles he follows to make his physique one to watch in 2009.
    BE A STUDENT
    Afraid your lack of bodybuilding wisdom is stopping you from being the mountain of muscle you know to be your destiny? Rest easy, grasshopper.
    "Nobody goes to the gym with a complete set of blueprints for building a championship physique. We imitate what we see in the magazines or what others are doing in the gym. We make a lot of mistakes along the way, but that's how we learn. Keep reading and asking questions. Above all, learn to listen to your body."

THE PUMP IS EVERYTHING

Never sure how many reps to do or how much gym time to log?
    "The actual number of reps you do is merely a guide. So is the amount of time you spend in the gym. Those aren't the keys to success in bodybuilding. It's about getting an extreme pump. It doesn't matter how you get it, as long as you do."

FOCUS ON WHAT MATTERS

Don't bust a nut trying to lift every weight in the gym.
    "Bodybuilders are told that if they're training light then they're not training hard. It wasn't until later that I found you could get an extreme pump with both heavy and light weights. There's a time and place for both."

BE PERFECT

Perfection is attainable.
    "Some days, I just couldn't push as hard as I wanted to. I'd yell at myself, 'Come on, Moe! You have to train harder than this!' So I pinpointed the reason this was happening and found that it was simply a matter of science, not emotion or desire.
    "If I didn't have enough food or rest the day before, my workout would suffer. The message: everything you do outside the gym has to be perfect if you want to be perfect inside the gym. The food has to be perfect. Your sleep and recuperation have to be perfect, too."

MAKE YOUR OWN RULES

When the tried and tested isn't cutting it, it's time to make a change.
    "Don't do something just because there's some old rule that says you have to do it. For instance, I'm not doing heavy weights for chest anymore. I'm using Hammer Strength machines more, I can feel the chest better and it's always sore. In the last year and a half, I've seen a lot of improvement."

THE WILL TO SUCCEED

You need a reason to bust your ass in the gym every day.
    "You must have a goal or you won't improve. Maybe I want to gain another centimeter on my legs or arms next month. As a competitor, I want the judges and the fans walking away saying that Moe was better than before."

1,000 ... THE MAGIC NUMBER

Afraid your lack of bodybuilding wisdom is stopping you from being the mountain of muscle you know to be your destiny?
    "When I was 16 years old, I'd go the gym and do one biceps exercise for 1,000 reps or until it felt like my biceps was going to explode. When I thought back to what made my arms my best body part, I remembered those workouts. So I tried it for the rest of my bodyparts. Now, I do high reps all the time. The more reps you do, the greater the blood flow to the muscle to deliver more nutrients and oxygen. The results speak for themselves.
    "Here's an example of my dumbbell bench press: 40 pounds for 50 reps to warm up, 60 pounds for 40 reps, 80 by 30, 100 by 20 and 140 by 10. That's 150 reps, including the warm-up reps.
    "Once I get to my heaviest set, I get all the dumbbells together and do one monster drop: 140 for 10,100 for 20, 80 for 30 and 60 for 40. Total reps: 250.
    "I do that for three or four more exercises. If I lose count, I'll just do a little extra. One thousand reps is the goal, but for some workouts, I may get only 800. If my body is telling me that's enough, then I pack it in.
    "As a result of this training, my muscles have a more mature, hard look. For example, prior to 2008, I never had striated glutes. But at six weeks out, I started doing, 1,000 reps on my glutes every day and for the first time, there they were. Now I use this method in the offseason, too."

Location: Cruisin down the street in my 6-4, Jockin the bitches, slappin the ho's, Western Sahara
    ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ARNOLDISNUMERO1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    WE HATE MOE
    A few guys don't do cardio - Dexter Jackson, David Henry - yes, we hate them. Prepare to hate El Moussawi, too.
    "People think stepping on a treadmill will melt fat from the entire body. Personally, I don't believe it. On a treadmill, you condition your legs, glutes and your lower back somewhat, but what about your chest, shoulders and arms? To get a dense look for everything, you have to do my type of workout. As a result, I don't do cardio anymore. Just 10 minutes at the beginning of training sessions to get the blood flowing. That's it. Even precontest."
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............

JUST AS A JOURNEY OF ONE THOUSAND MILES BEGINS with a single step, so too a workout of a thousand reps begins with one rep. For Moe El Moussawi, this is no mere proverb. It's his reality each time he trains every bodypart except calves. Rep number one is always followed by 999 more, although he blocks out the grand total as the marathon commences.
    Kicking off this back session is a unique exercise: standing high-cable pulls. Grasping two D-handles attached to the same hook and standing five feet from the overhead cable, El Moussawi pulls. And the long, lonely trek to 1,000 begins.
    STANDING HIGH-CABLE PULLS
    Related Results
    • Say it Ain't Moe
    • Come to Gripps
    • Point/counterpoint gloves
    38 By rep number 38 of 50, El Moussawi is plodding reps out methodically while watching himself sideways in a mirror. The twin D-handles allow him to move his hands laterally, and he separates them as they approach his chest, thus lengthening reps at contractions.
    127 He winces at the conclusion of the seventh rep of his fourth set of standing high-cable pulls. Sets of 50 (110 pounds), 40 (120 pounds) and 30 (130 pounds) preceded this 20-rep grouping (140 pounds), and a final 10 (150 pounds) will follow as El Moussawi constructs the widest, shortest pyramids in bodybuilding.
    150 After his 10th rep with 150, the Lebanese-born Kiwi finally rests for more than 20 seconds. He gulps water and stretches his back by grabbing a vertical bar. "Using two handles, you can maneuver your hands any way you want to change the position of the muscles and put more pressure on the lats. If you use a bar or V-handle, you can't change as much."
    209 He's still crunching out high-cable pulls, now feeling his way through rep 29 with 140 as part of 150 contiguous reps, which take him from 150 pounds back down to the 110 he started with, making 10 pound deductions every 30 reps. All told, he'll do 300 stretches and contractions for his first exercise, pyramiding up with minimal rest, and then dropping back down with no rest (only pausing to change the weight). As the marathon assault takes its toll, you can see his back splintering beneath his tank top and above his "Mr. California 2000" belt. (He was second in the immensely more prestigious Ironman Pro on January 24-25, but the amateur Cal, nine years prior, remains his most recent title. He'll buy a new belt when he earns a new title.)
    STANDING HIGH-CABLE PULLS

WEIGHT * REPS

110 50

120 40

130 30

140 20

150 10

REST

150 30

140 30

130 30

120 30

110 30

Total reps 300

* in pounds
    ONE-ARM HAMMER STRENGTH ROWS
    333 There are four quarters (100 pounds) loaded on each arm of the Hammer Strength row machine as El Moussawi pulls the handle back on his 13th of 20 reps with his left arm, having already knocked out 20 with his right side. He goes underhand, uses Versa Gripps (wrist straps with hooks) and remains standing behind the seat, positioning himself for exaggerated stretches and contractions each time. "They've never gotten a top bodybuilder to perform an exercise, and then built the machine the way it suits us," he explains later. "We just have to find the best way to make the muscles work the way we want them to work. I stand up and away from the machine to allow my lats to be stretched all the way, and I go through a full motion. I go through a full motion because I want to have a complete lat from top to bottom."
    ONE-ARM HAMMER STRENGTH ROWS

WEIGHT * REPS

100 20 per side

75 30 per side

50 50 per side

REST

180 25 per side

90 25 per side

Total reps 300

* in pounds
    418 El Moussawi's face contorts as he commences his 188th rep of Hammer Strength rows. Yet, he is using only two quarters (50 pounds) per side. Prior to this, El Moussawi did 20 per arm with 100 and 30 per arm with 75. Now he's in the midst of blowout, 50-rep sets for each side. Like every other rep, number 418 is slow and deliberate, maximizing the elongation of his right lat, and then compressing the fibers deep in his lower traps and the inner lats beneath them when his elbow is pulled rearward as far as it'll travel. He has 32 more to row with his right hand, and then, without pause, he'll do 50 with his left.
    547 He is still stationed at the same machine, but El Moussawi has removed the quarters and replaced them with 45-pound plates, four on each side, and having done 25 reps with 180 on his right side, he's now squeezing out number 22 on his left side. Three more to go. "That's the only exercise I finish heavy," he states postworkout. "Usually, if you finish light, you pump the muscle, but then it goes to sleep [pump diminishes] faster than if you go heavier." Heavy is a relative term, of course, and as soon as El Moussawi hits rep 25, he'll strip two plates from each side and row another 25 with each arm.
    EL MOUSSAWI'S TRAINING SPLIT

DAY MORNING EVENING

1 Chest Triceps

2 Back Biceps

3 Delts Traps

4 Quads Hamstrings and calves

5 Off Off
    STANDING LOW-CABLE ROWS
    631 This is his first of 35 reps with 130 in the standing low-cable row, preceded by 30 with 150, followed by 35 with 110. This unique exercise is done with his torso at a 45-degree angle to the floor, again holding twin D-handles attached to the same hook, but this time, pulling the cable--set in its lowest position--up and in to his waist.
    700 "I began with low-cable rows instead of with barbell rows, because you have to cheat during barbell rows," El Moussawi espouses just before repeating the same 100-rep journey. "From Lee Haney to Dorian Yates, everyone cheats. You have to cheat on barbell rows, especially if you go heavy. Because of the movement and the physics, you don't really get to squeeze the muscles and work them the way you want to. With the cables, the pressure is stable and continuous, positive and negative. I try to stretch and squeeze as much as possible to get the maximum feel of the lats working."
    Related Results
    • Say it Ain't Moe
    • Come to Gripps
    778 As El Moussawi cranks out standing low-cable row number 178--his 13th rep with 110--Phil Heath strides up, wasting time before catching a flight home. Although the torment is etched across the New Zealander's face while he constricts his back as if cracking walnuts on his spine, seeing a 240-pound pro bodybuilder churn through high reps of cable rows with a buck ten is never going to inspire awe. The Gift, who emphasizes barbell, T-bar and dumbbell rows for 8-12 reps on back day, is respectful but decidedly unconvinced by the number-centric marathon session.
    STANDING LOW-CABLE ROWS

WEIGHT * REPS

150 30

130 35

110 35

REST

150 30

130 35

110 35

Total reps 200

* in pounds
    STIFF-ARM PULLDOWNS
    841 Grasping the inner curves of a cambered triceps pushdown bar and standing three feet from an overhead cable, El Moussawi performs a stiff-arm pulldown for his 16th of 25 reps in his second set. His elbows remain slightly bent but locked, and his arms travel down in a 180-degree arc from overhead to bar-against-upper-thighs. He holds each contraction, flexing his back from traps to spinal erectors--and all the mounds, ridges and valleys in between--and his lats feather like the plumage of a swan. "I make sure I feel these in my lower lats," he states after the set. "I tense them throughout each rep. With this workout, I have the time and ability to maneuver, to feel each exercise the way I want."
    968 Nearing the finish line, he is shirtless. Before beginning the final 25-rep quartet of stiffarm pulldowns, El Moussawi had removed his tank top, grinning when he admitted he waited for Heath to exit before peeling down for our camera lens. Later, when pressed about the skeptical reaction of The Gift--and, well, just about everyone else--to his high-rep, high-volume training, El Moussawi smiles and shrugs.
    "I would've said that, too, before I tried it. I've been doing this for the past year or so, and I've made my best gains. Heavy weights don't really work for me. I tried that for 15 years. It was putting more pressure on my joints, and I wasn't really feeling it. So, finally, I decided to work it ... like a horse. Don't tell me I'm not working hard. I feel every stretch and contraction, one thousand times per workout. If it sounds easy, you try it. Since I've changed my methods, I've got more maturity, more definition, more deep cuts. My whole body is changing the way I want it to."
    STIFF-ARM PULLDOWNS

WEIGHT * SETS/REPS

110 4/25

REST

110 4/25

Total reps 200

* in pounds
    1000 At last, 90 minutes after his back workout kicked off with a single rep, Moe El Moussawi has added 999 more. He sighs, swallows water and swats sweat off of his back with a towel. "Bodybuilders get caught up in routines--literally," the New Zea-lander avers. "I have completely changed my way of working out the past couple years from the typical bodybuilder workout to a way of really feeling it. If I don't really feel what I'm doing, there's no point in doing it. I'm not going to get what I want, obviously. Now, every workout, every rep, I have to feel the muscle working. I've been seeing the results and they've been visible onstage, as well. My last two years have been fantastic."
    Related Results
    • Say it Ain't Moe
    • Come to Gripps
    So says the man who went from 14th in the Ironman in both 2006 and 2007 to third last year and runner-up this year. The proof is on the stage, and there's no arguing with results like those--whether or not you want to aim for four digits every workout. As for El Moussawi, one journey was complete, but another yet awaited, and another and another. Back is his morning workout. In the evening, he returns for biceps. Reset the counter to zero. Soon, another long, lonely trek to 1,000 begins. FLEX
    7 THINGS ABOUT 1,000
    1. Perform high-rep pyramids, drop sets and straight sets in various combinations.
    2. To simplify counting, group exercises in 100- and 150-rep sequences, such as a drop set of 30,35 and 35 reps.
    3. Both sides of one-arm or one-leg exercises are counted as individual reps. Thus, if you do 25 reps per side of one-arm rows, count 50 reps.
    4. Feeling each rep work the targeted area from stretch to contraction is paramount.
    5. Choose exercises in which you can emphasize the stretch and/or contraction. Examples for quads include leg extensions, lunges and (deep) hack squats.
    6. Despite the high reps, endeavor to use progressively more weight (for the same reps) or get more reps (with the same weight).
    7. Use this methodology only occasionally to shock complacent bodyparts.

Stats: 6'3", 255 lbs
    RagingBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RagingBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RagingBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RagingBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RagingBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RagingBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RagingBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RagingBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RagingBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RagingBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) RagingBrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit RagingBrah's BodySpace
    wall of text/10

cliffs maybe...
    ***Leader of the Red Army***

Originally Posted by RagingBrah View Post
    wall of text/10

cliffs maybe...
    cliffs... guy works out, gets swoll

Stats: 5'11", 165 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2134
    THE SAINT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) THE SAINT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) THE SAINT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) THE SAINT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) THE SAINT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) THE SAINT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) THE SAINT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) THE SAINT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) THE SAINT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) THE SAINT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) THE SAINT has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit THE SAINT's BodySpace
    wtf too many reps
    ツ Forever Alone Crew ツ -MiscMarioBrah-

Stats: 5'11", 165 lbs
    cjayzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cjayzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cjayzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cjayzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cjayzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cjayzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cjayzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cjayzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cjayzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cjayzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) cjayzz has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit cjayzz's BodySpace
    saw thread title, expected to see a video of terrorist training.

Originally Posted by THE SAINT View Post
    wtf too many reps
    yeah its pretty extreme, but he's got a good physique: