Money Power Respect ThePump0561's Avatar
    ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ThePump0561 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

How Important Are Ab-Exercises???

I seen plenty of fat people talking about doing sit-ups to "get a six-pack" etc.... when it's obvious that they don't understand that their problem isn't so much ab muscles as it is body fat.

With that out of the way - For an athletic male with 10% or under bodyfat, how important are ab exercises?

Basically, if you take 2 men who are athletic with < 10% body fat, and one does serious ab exercises, and the other does no ab exercises, what is the difference between them when it's all said and done?

In conclusion, If 2 athletic men have <10% bodyfat, and 1 does ab exercises while the other doesn't, what will the difference be in results? (hypothetically assuming identical genetics)

???

Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000) Kooobe is just really nice. (+1000)
    It is pretty obvious that the individual who does ab workouts will have better abs.

You want abs? Diet down enough so that they become visible, and also work them out through isolation exercises.

Of course you can get "abs" to show by just dieting down, but one who diets and also works abs will no doubt have a better set.
    ***Misc Strength Crew***
    **Endo-Meso Crew** 1.58

Current deadlift: 505, Goal: 550
    Current bench: 320, Goal: 350
    Weighted Pullups: 90x5, Goal of 115x5 by 2016

kungfubrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfubrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfubrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfubrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfubrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfubrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfubrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfubrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfubrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfubrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kungfubrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if u want ur abs to pop out u need to work them with weights. if u just wanna see those ab lines then just have low bf

daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Obviously the first two responders didnt read the thread...

Abs, just like obliques, lower back and others in that area make up the core that help stabilize evrything. It wont make you jump 50lbs on bench but it does help overall. Plus you want to work them so they get larger as the other muscles are growing. Big abs look good once you put on mass in other areas too.

chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by daddysonn View Post
    Obviously the first two responders didnt read the thread...

Abs, just like obliques, lower back and others in that area make up the core that help stabilize evrything. It wont make you jump 50lbs on bench but it does help overall. Plus you want to work them so they get larger as the other muscles are growing. Big abs look good once you put on mass in other areas too.
    gotta work the abs... i do crunches with the rope and it works great....

I'm on the nightrain Hack Squat's Avatar
    Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hack Squat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do very little direct ab work. The few sets a week I do I use weights with them. I think most people in search of a six pack overdue volume. 90% of the time it is a bf% issue or they haven't really put in the time to build everything including the abs up. Less sets of crunches more squatting.

A move I always feel in the abs that everyone should be doing anyways is chinups with a 45 pound plate attached. Do as many of those as you can and tell me you don't feel that in your abs.

shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000) shaneee is just really nice. (+1000)
    heavy squats and deadlifts are enough for the abs

chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz650 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by shaneee View Post
    i droped body fat 4 and my abs are better... bf is huge!

daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daddysonn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Even to get really big abs? I think some direct work is needed if you really want them to look awesome.

anonymous
    i would disagree with this. squats and deadlift when done heavy are great for abs but i think anyone whos looking for that perfect six pack look should do ab isolation work. i do dragon flags 3x a week and weighted russian twists at a 45 degree decline 2x a week. works great. my abs are still highly visible even with 13-14% bf.