Thread: peanut butter

mny13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

peanut butter

natural peanut butter is a good source of fat but does have some carbs. is this ok as long as the carbs (net) are accounted for? This is my first crack at keto.

GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GavinT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    peanut butter isnt great on keto.
    you should account for everything, if it fits, then all systems go!

try natural almond butter, great fat/protein ratio, carbs seems high but most from fibre so its accounted for.
    Mind over Matter

Almond Butter

Got that too. It is great. Been on keto for about three days, (was on low carb for 4 more before) and thought I drifted into to keto once or twice but today I think I'm in. Got a different taste in my mouth. Kept the carbs way down under 20 today. I'll see if I register on the stix. I do stay well hydrated though. We'll see. Thanks.

brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use Naturally More Peanut Butter, it has higher protein than most pnbs because it has egg whites and wheat germ in it, and flax seeds/oil, so also with the flax and germ, it has higher fiber than most peanutbutters.

Trick is to have *moderate amounts* *chuckle* I always measure on my digital scale, because 2 T to my eyes is a lot more than 32 g on the scale seems to be!

I mix it with Hershey's Special Dark unsweetened cocoa and wrap it in havarti cheese. It tastes like a Reeces cup and tames any sweet tooth I might find coming on.

I get the Naturally More locally at Wal-Mart for less than 3 bucks per jar, and making it a part of my daily feedings is incredibly helpful when I go somewhere with a spread of sweets - I know that at home I have something that is just as good, fits my nutrient macros and will not set me off into super bingeland.

Which, for folks prone to binging - is priceless!
    "I do not want to go among mad people," alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
    "How do you know I'm Mad?" asked alice.
    "You must be," said the cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    PowerPB which can be found at GNC is a bit expensive, but they sweeten with honey and it has flaxseeds so its a better choice than natty skippy or jiff. Still, I buy the skippy because a ton cheaper and I usually eat 1.5 tbsps a day mixed with a scoop of whey and a bit of cream and water.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

Thumbs up PB/Almond Butter

Yeah I'm new to the keto and still learning how to eat properly. I'm used to low fat type of dieting so I'm still a work in progress. One of my favorites is peanut butter and almond butter, (now without the jelly) but I found in the first few days a little light on the fat. I did buy whipping creme and a bunch of full fat cheeses and the like and I'll try to keep up the fat. I appreciate the help on the forum.

Everyday I'm Muscling eternalprimate's Avatar
    eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GavinT View Post
    peanut butter isnt great on keto.
    How So?
    Adams Natural Creamy
    192 Cals
    16g Fat 75%
    4g Net Carbs 8%
    8g Protein 16%
    Pretty damn close to the perfect macros.
    IIFYM/IF Crew.
    R.I.P. Zyzz - Son of Zeus, Brother of Hercules, Father of Aesthetics

djdougcollins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a Skippy Natural kind of guy. I don't eat very much of it, though. PLUS, 2 tablespoons is a whole lot more than 32g. I put the jar on the food scale and scoop it out until it reads -32g. Otherwise you just wind up eating a whole lot more than 1 serving.

No Bull**** Bodybuilding greekmanman's Avatar
    greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by djdougcollins View Post
    I'm a Skippy Natural kind of guy. I don't eat very much of it, though. PLUS, 2 tablespoons is a whole lot more than 32g. I put the jar on the food scale and scoop it out until it reads -32g. Otherwise you just wind up eating a whole lot more than 1 serving.
    This^; peanut butter is great for keto as long as it is natty pb which has alot less carbs(around 4 net per serving) and no sugars.

I use natty pb whenever I have cravings and it works like a charm since it tastes amazing is crunchy,thick, and gooey.

However, you MUST measure out the servings accurately as others have said above. Using a regular tablespoon and just eyeballing it is very inaccurate and can lead to variations of +- 100 calories per serving or so.

I think using a food scale would be the easiest, most accurate, and most convenient as well.

My 2c
    Admin @ No Bull**** Bodybuilding: ********.com/nobull****bodybuildingverified

Admin @ No Stress Nutrition

Admin @ Hollywood's Rabid Cage: ********.com/groups/309091175828038/

Live, laugh, love and above all, please stay safe~

FBTK gives you facials.

http://instagram.com/edmaestheticss

haru3173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haru3173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by greekmanman View Post
    This^; peanut butter is great for keto as long as it is natty pb which has alot less carbs(around 4 net per serving) and no sugars.

I use natty pb whenever I have cravings and it works like a charm since it tastes amazing is crunchy,thick, and gooey.

However, you MUST measure out the servings accurately as others have said above. Using a regular tablespoon and just eyeballing it is very inaccurate and can lead to variations of +- 100 calories per serving or so.

I think using a food scale would be the easiest, most accurate, and most convenient as well.

My 2c
    I'm using a tablespoon found in this pic. Is this accurate too? It seems pretty big for me.
    h t t p://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/11/1/7/1/37794952309292580.jpg

And how would one go about using the food scale? It seems pretty messy because some of the peanut butter would stick on the scale.

Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was using Smuckers natural and Trader Joe's natural..no sugar added.. and had a hard time staying in keto with 2tbsp a day.
    1k.
    I rape back faster if you paste a link in rape box.

Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000)

My 2c
    Originally Posted by haru3173 View Post
    I'm using a tablespoon found in this pic. Is this accurate too? It seems pretty big for me.
    h t t p://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/11/1/7/1/37794952309292580.jpg

And how would one go about using the food scale? It seems pretty messy because some of the peanut butter would stick on the scale.
    Yeah, don't know what that guy is on about. First person on this forum I've ever read that uses a food scale for PB. What the **** dude? The only way I could see using the scale is if you are putting the pb in a shake and already have the blender on the scale and tare it and then add the other stuff.

Scoop up PB and just level off the top. There's your tbsp. The pic is typical.
    1k.
    I rape back faster if you paste a link in rape box.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Once every week or two, before bed, I'll allow myself to dig into the PB, and I'll have 10-12 tb lol. Usually on a Wed or so when I'm feeling a little drained/depleted. I think everybody who lifts heavy knows that feeling by Wed/thu or so. It's not as bad as cheating, and it doesn't seem to hurt my progress so I go for it. Sometimes I'll have 2tb with breakfast, too.

kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    Once every week or two, before bed, I'll allow myself to dig into the PB, and I'll have 10-12 tb lol. Usually on a Wed or so when I'm feeling a little drained/depleted. I think everybody who lifts heavy knows that feeling by Wed/thu or so. It's not as bad as cheating, and it doesn't seem to hurt my progress so I go for it. Sometimes I'll have 2tb with breakfast, too.
    10-12 tb sounds like a party, damn

Everyday I'm Muscling eternalprimate's Avatar
    eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eternalprimate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Wtf? View Post
    Yeah, don't know what that guy is on about. First person on this forum I've ever read that uses a food scale for PB. What the **** dude?
    Guess I'm the second then. Haha. It's super easy. Put spoon on scale. Zero it out. Dig till you get 32g. But then again I've been measuring everything since being on Keto and I somehow don't have a tbsp measure at home.

djdougcollins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by eternalprimate View Post
    Guess I'm the second then. Haha. It's super easy. Put spoon on scale. Zero it out. Dig till you get 32g. But then again I've been measuring everything since being on Keto and I somehow don't have a tbsp measure at home.
    Yes, that is how you use a food scale to get 32g of PB. Spoon it out until the scale says -32g. Not sure why there's hostility over such a subject lol.

No Bull**** Bodybuilding greekmanman's Avatar
    greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by djdougcollins View Post
    Yes, that is how you use a food scale to get 32g of PB. Spoon it out until the scale says -32g. Not sure why there's hostility over such a subject lol.
    LOL damn can't believe I was flamed for using a food scale haha

In all seriousness I would use the scalefor the pb because it's so calorically dense and easy to over/underestimate.

1 serving is usually around the size of a golfball btw
    Admin @ No Bull**** Bodybuilding: ********.com/nobull****bodybuildingverified

Admin @ No Stress Nutrition

Admin @ Hollywood's Rabid Cage: ********.com/groups/309091175828038/

Live, laugh, love and above all, please stay safe~

FBTK gives you facials.

http://instagram.com/edmaestheticss

brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandilynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL damn can't believe I was flamed for using a food scale haha

In all seriousness I would use the scalefor the pb because it's so calorically dense and easy to over/underestimate.

1 serving is usually around the size of a golfball btw
    And its either understood that women would (what with our poor measuring skills and all), or nobody read what I had to say anyway.

*chuckle*

I use the scale too, because all that measuring and leveling off with the finger could add up to a peanutbutter fingerlicking partay.
    "I do not want to go among mad people," alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
    "How do you know I'm Mad?" asked alice.
    "You must be," said the cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Weighing Food

And I thought I was the only one.... (having just bought a nice digital scale)