Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

And you thought YOU trained with intensity!

This was in the Fem section, thought I would share since many of us are parents. Hardcore, warning that this may be difficult to watch.

"A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    conflicting feelings are conflicting...
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Parts of that were tough to watch. One thing I take away is how softly we are raising our kids here. While I do not advocate the extremes shown in the video, I do think they accentuate how laughable our problems here with child obesity, video game addiction, etc. really are.

"I just can't get my son away from that computer??" Oh really?

"No matter what I do, she just seems to keep gaining weight!" Oh really?

"Nothing we try works! He just keeps acting out in school!" Oh really?
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    "I just can't get my son away from that computer??" Oh really?

"No matter what I do, she just seems to keep gaining weight!" Oh really?

"Nothing we try works! He just keeps acting out in school!" Oh really?
    I agree with these ^ sentiments, but........they are separate from this video. Totally separate.

When I think of the reason behind what is being done in the clip (train herd of cattle to win game for country, at any cost), it makes me want to spend some not so nice time alone with the people involved, behind the scenes. It is disgusting. Again, I am separating disciplined training (no problem with this aspect) with forced training with what I consider twisted motives.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    I agree with these ^ sentiments, but........they are separate from this video. Totally separate.

When I think of the reason behind what is being done in the clip (train herd of cattle to win game for country, at any cost), it makes me want to spend some not so nice time alone with the people involved, behind the scenes. It is disgusting.

It's the only take away I had. Yours was to want to beat up the Coaches. I didn't get that at all. Yet, I'd never put my kid on their team (supposing I had a choice!!)
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    It's the only take away I had. Yours was to want to beat up the Coaches. I didn't get that at all. Yet, I'd never put my kid on their team (supposing I had a choice!!)
    Don't make me neg you, bro . I totally understood where you were coming from, but I simply saw your response as jumping to comparisons in declining disciplinary issues we NO DOUBT have here in this country.

I respect their level of training, but think their motives are over the top (way over), which makes the individual charged with kicking, sitting on, demeaning, etc., children of that age range deplorable, imo. I've long been aware of these training camps in various countries around the globe. Hell, some countries torture and/or executed athletes (adult) who perform poorly at games. I guess i was just looking at the picture from a different angle than you, that's all .
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't make me neg you, bro . I totally understood where you were coming from, but I simply saw your response as jumping to comparisons in declining disciplinary issues we NO DOUBT have here in this country.

I respect their level of training, but think their motives are over the top (way over), which makes the individual charged with kicking, sitting on, demeaning, etc., children of that age range deplorable, imo. I've long been aware of these training camps in various countries around the globe. Hell, some countries torture and/or executed athletes (adult) who perform poorly at games. I guess i was just looking at the picture from a different angle than you, that's all .
    I guess I am just a big puss, because I do not see the need, ever, to hit or kick a kid, especially a kid that young. I am not opposed to fair and appropriate corporal punishment. But I don't think there is a reward (like winning a sporting event) big enough to have me set aside my feelings, and be able to put my foot to the head of a child.

Well, maybe I could do it if the kid started crying, you know, to toughen them up (totally sarcastic).
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    While some of the stuff they do seems a bit excessive (like kicking a child for not stretching properly), think about the Chinese team right now:

Right now these guys are pretty much dominating the competitive field; they train heavy day in and day out and likely had to go through the same "treatment" when they were kids as well.

Not saying their success can be solely applied to those methods, but they don't look any worse for wear in adulthood.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DanielBeauchamp View Post
    While some of the stuff they do seems a bit excessive (like kicking a child for not stretching properly), think about the Chinese team right now:

Right now these guys are pretty much dominating the competitive field; they train heavy day in and day out and likely had to go through the same "treatment" when they were kids as well.

Not saying their success can be solely applied to those methods, but they don't look any worse for wear in adulthood.
    Those guys are the winners. What happens to those who don't do so well.

I should imagine they are (as we speak) sewing up another pair of Air Jordans.

Oh? What exactly might mental torture and deep seated emotional problems look like?

And so, the ends justify the means, too? Just sayin'...........two things for you to ponder, grasshopper.

FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Makes me think of Roy Jones, Jr. when he was a young boxer, though I think that even his struggles weren't as bad as those who were in other countries.
    550/385/655, 285 overhead press, 330 push jerk, 250 weighted dip, 190 weighted pull-up, 413.8 max weighted pull-up, 450 front squat, 365 RFESS, 305 x 2 log press, 400 (per arm) farmer's carry, 370 atlas stone, 31 pull-ups at 247.

www.youtube.com/user/JoeyTheMilitant/videos
    Next competition date(s): November 9th & 10th, 2019.
    Instagram: @hiphopstrongman_reloaded

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh? What exactly might mental torture and deep seated emotional problems look like?

And so, the ends justify the means, too? Just sayin'...........two things for you to ponder, grasshopper.
    Grasshopper?! haha Appearances can be deceiving.

I wasn't saying the ends justified the means. I too do not approve of some things done in that video.

Grasshopper?! haha Appearances can be deceiving.
    It was a friendly, humorous reference to your age. The term was used on Kung Fu, a 70's TV show that had many "lessons" in it for the young Qui Chang Caine .

I wasn't saying the ends justified the means. I too do not approve of some things done in that video.
    Cool. I mean, you can hardly judge a persons physical or mental well being from a photo...or even several...or even video. Many of these athletes we're talking about here are treated not much differently than caged animals during the majority of their early lives. Hardly justifying the end, imo. All for the glory of a game, in the name of your country? Pfft!

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And we think some little league parents here in the States are just a bit over the top!!!???
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

It was a friendly, humorous reference to your age. The term was used on Kung Fu, a 70's TV show that had many "lessons" in it for the young Qui Chang Caine .

Cool. I mean, you can hardly judge a persons physical or mental well being from a photo...or even several...or even video. Many of these athletes we're talking about here are treated not much differently than caged animals during the majority of their early lives. Hardly justifying the end, imo. All for the glory of a game, in the name of your country? Pfft!
    Yeah, I thought as much (re the reference).

I agree. But still...the video doesn't sit right with me for another reason: the only shots in here are of kids going through intense training and sometimes actual pain as they attempt various exercises. Where's the kid's perspective on all of this? I would have liked to see a child interviewed or something before the end of it.

Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    And we think some little league parents here in the States are just a bit over the top!!!???
    Show them the video. haha

Where's the kid's perspective on all of this? I would have liked to see a child interviewed or something before the end of it.
    I think the tears were the kids "perspective" on it.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    I think the tears were the kids "perspective" on it.
    I have a hard time believing all those kids were forced to train like that. If that were the case, why would such a video even be made public?

I have a hard time believing all those kids were forced to train like that. If that were the case, why would such a video even be made public?
    Maybe you just don't want to believe it. I'll admit that makes it easier.

OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Daniel,

You are talented young man with a bright future in Powerlifting if you would just STFU once in a while.

I would post this thread in the PLing if I thought you would learn anything from the responses.

Or maybe I will for the LULz.

IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000)
    Didn't care to watch too much of it (wince). That's 'being trained' with intensity; and, over the top as db says. And to be only the best for the sport; + most importantly, best FOR your country (China) vs being the best IN your country.

They're little more than national 4H projects.

That young, emotions not fully developed or understood & frowned on, crying is pretty much your only option. The old 'spare the rod' and 'children are seen and not heard' cultures/beliefs are much more prevalent in the world than we in the US would think. Especially when it's all for the good of the country; in this case, China.

Month by month they learn their best bet; only bet IS to just perform; or, like said, head for the shoe factory and bring shame upon their families and country. Sad.

kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    More than likely those kids are there because it is their only hope of a future. It is not a choice or desire or love of a sport. And even with all the kids at their disposal China still has trouble winning without cheating in some cases.

����������

Sorry if I offended anyone. I wasn't trying to start an argument.

For the record, I think the way they are "training" their kids is wrong.
    Last edited by DanielBeauchamp; 12-19-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I wasn't trying to start an argument.

For the record, I think the way they are "training" their kids is wrong.
    LOL, you didn't offend me.

As far as you saying, "I think the way they are "training" their kids is wrong", I think you're still really missing some basic points here, but it's just academic......no problem.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow that is f'cking intense to a whole other level. That is boarder line insanity.
    On the list for Bannukah

LOL, you didn't offend me.

As far as you saying, "I think the way they are "training" their kids is wrong", I think you're still really missing some basic points here, but it's just academic......no problem.
    What I meant to say was that the training methods, though harsh, are still producing some very talented athletes. Some things in that video are, I agree, unnecessary (like kicking a child).

The whole thing reminds of me of the Spartans, to be honest. Training to kill from the age of 7, sleeping on beaches with no blankets, stealing food to survive, and training in the winter without shoes or adequate clothing is no joke; and neither were the warriors Sparta produced.

kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000) kademrulz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What I meant to say was that the training methods, though harsh, are still producing some very talented athletes. Some things in that video are, I agree, unnecessary (like kicking a child).

The whole thing reminds of me of the Spartans, to be honest. Training to kill from the age of 7, sleeping on beaches with no blankets, stealing food to survive, and training in the winter without shoes or adequate clothing is no joke; and neither were the warriors Sparta produced.
    yes, removing all forms of comfort produces some badazz machines whether it be for gymnastics or fighting. Unfortunately it doesn't produce good well balanced people. This type of "training" is no different then child slave labor really. You take a child from an early age, keep them all hours of the day and night, subject them to harsh discipline without comfort, no love or support, and all for a "product". In this case that product is a national title/ medal instead of a shoe. And the ones that can't produce are left behind.

You LOVE to lift so training hard would appeal to you. These children were taken so young that there was never a choice. There is no fun here, it is do or die and it's ALL they've ever known.

����������

michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    Any culture that would treat children like dogs doesn't deserve any respect. I don't care how skilled their athletes are. Hell, I wouldn't even kick my dog.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Ask a Chinese Olympic gold medalist in gymnastics if it was worth it, and whether they'd do it all over again if they could.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

There are some similarities to be sure. In a certain sense it's a little frightening.
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Didn't like it. As was stated above, these are children being forced to do something. Who knows what else happens when the cameras aren't on. I wanted to slap the adults involved for a good hour or so.
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson