NETPRO has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

force body to burn fat instead of carbs

After excessive weight workout our bodies lose carbs, body builders take simple carbs with protein immediately after workout to give muscles back the needed carbs plus getting the benefit of insulin spike.
    My goal is to push my body to use the body fat storage, soooooooooo
    - can I push it somehow to use my fat storage instead of carbohydrate ???
    If that is possible then is it a good idea if we only use whey protein post workout (without simple carbs) ===>
    - In this case is our body going to use our storage of fat instead ??? Or it is just going to break muscle cells and feed on it.
    - at what point the body uses its fat storage instead of breaking muscles when low carbs level is reached ???

Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000)
    have you tried squatting?
    NSCA-CPT

"There is no such thing as firming and toning only stronger or weaker"

Cyclo Bolan Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138956043

I am not FDA approved WhirlyBird's Avatar
    WhirlyBird is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhirlyBird is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhirlyBird is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhirlyBird is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhirlyBird is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhirlyBird is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhirlyBird is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhirlyBird is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhirlyBird is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhirlyBird is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WhirlyBird is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Diet will help you lose weight.

dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dalrsmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NETPRO View Post
    After excessive weight workout our bodies lose carbs, body builders take simple carbs with protein immediately after workout to give muscles back the needed carbs plus getting the benefit of insulin spike.
    My goal is to push my body to use the body fat storage, soooooooooo
    - can I push it somehow to use my fat storage instead of carbohydrate ???
    If that is possible then is it a good idea if we only use whey protein post workout (without simple carbs) ===>
    - In this case is our body going to use our storage of fat instead ??? Or it is just going to break muscle cells and feed on it.
    - at what point the body uses its fat storage instead of breaking muscles when low carbs level is reached ???
    You could have a ketogenic diet, which is typically high-fat and low-carbs. Doing this will force the body to burn fat rather than your carbs. I would ask you to google these types of diets because there are a lot of adverse side effects. Hope this helps.

dfmcannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) dfmcannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) dfmcannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) dfmcannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) dfmcannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) dfmcannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) dfmcannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) dfmcannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) dfmcannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) dfmcannon will become famous soon enough. (+50) dfmcannon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The longer your duration of cardio the more % of fat you burn compared to carbs.

For example,
    when you start is like 95%carbs 5%fat
    an hour in you might be at 90%fat 10%carbs

As soon as you body realizes it needs energy for the long haul it switches from an imediate source(carbs) to a stored source(fats).
    There comes a time in a mans life where, if there are no windows or doors, he must walk through a wall.

Appreciate your opinions. thanks guys.

Originally Posted by dfmcannon View Post
    The longer your duration of cardio the more % of fat you burn compared to carbs.
    As soon as you body realizes it needs energy for the long haul it switches from an imediate source(carbs) to a stored source(fats).
    Can you justify that. I mean why did you mention cardio and not weight lifting.

(a previous info i have read says that weight lifting is the best way to lose fat because it causes more testosteron and GH release.) was that not accurate ?????

Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Starkk has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Glycogen depletion tends to increase the use of fatty acids as fuel. Unfortunately, you're walking a fine line and you can burn lean tissue as well, if you're not careful with your supplementation.
    self-proclaimed huguenot

live, laugh, send nudes

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dfmcannon View Post

For example,
    when you start is like 95%carbs 5%fat
    an hour in you might be at 90%fat 10%carbs

more likely that the body has begun to exhaust glycogen after 1 hr of cardio.. thus leading to use of fat for fuel..

this is a similar reason why people like to do cardio on a fasted stomache.

OP try eating less carbs at night and try cardio fasted in the morning and again before or after your weighs at night... works good.. just keep the diet on track and your body will lose fat fast..

OR you could force your body to burn fat by doing a keto diet.

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NETPRO View Post
    Can you justify that. I mean why did you mention cardio and not weight lifting.

(a previous info i have read says that weight lifting is the best way to lose fat because it causes more testosteron and GH release.) was that not accurate ?????
    If you want to force your body into burning fat, cut the carbs to under 20gr a day and be sure to eat enough fats, and add in quality fats from macadamia oil, natural fed omega eggs, avacados, fish oil, etc. If you dont consume enough fats your body may start to use your muscle mass for energy and try best possible to store fat, so eating fats is key. You have to get your body into ketosis.

Cut out all artificial sweeteners too, some may actually get you out of ketosis. You may want to consider cutting out all whey protein as it may trigger a small spike in insulin which will knock you out of ketosis.

Best way outside of diet to lose fat is a combination of weightlifting and cardio, not 1 or the other.

Some people say you should carb cycle, but for strict cutting Im highly against this.
    Last edited by KimJong-il; 12-21-2010 at 07:39 AM.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

fortes fortuna adiuvat itzDodge's Avatar
    itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dalrsmith View Post
    You could have a ketogenic diet, which is typically high-fat and low-carbs. Doing this will force the body to burn fat rather than your carbs. I would ask you to google these types of diets because there are a lot of adverse side effects. Hope this helps.
    Wrong.

I suggest just cutting your calories and running HIIT after you lift. You'll see results.
    NSCA CSCS

Online Coach and Brofessor
    http://www.biggerfastersmarter.com/

tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KimJong-il View Post
    If you want to force your body into burning fat, cut the carbs to under 20gr a day and be sure to eat enough fats, and add in quality fats from macadamia oil, natural fed omega eggs, avacados, fish oil, etc. If you dont consume enough fats your body may start to use your muscle mass for energy and try best possible to store fat, so eating fats is key. You have to get your body into ketosis.

Cut out all artificial sweeteners too, some may actually get you out of ketosis. You may want to consider cutting out all whey protein as it may trigger a small spike in insulin which will knock you out of ketosis.

Best way outside of diet to lose fat is a combination of weightlifting and cardio, not 1 or the other.

Some people say you should carb cycle, but for strict cutting Im highly against this.
    If you are running keto and supplementing your protein intake with whey around key times then this will not take you out of keto and may help with recovery.

OP you have to experiment with your diet, I personally love keto for dropping fat. I feel 100% better on keto while dieting than with carbs. Keto is not for everyone and a lot of people just can not function without carbs.

Originally Posted by itzDodge View Post
    Wrong.

I suggest just cutting your calories and running HIIT after you lift. You'll see results.
    Cardio or HIIT after you lift is going to burn more muscle than fat, your body needs to recover after lifting hense the post workout feeding.
    Fat Man Typing

itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) itzDodge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tdog69 View Post
    Cardio or HIIT after you lift is going to burn more muscle than fat, your body needs to recover after lifting hense the post workout feeding.
    This is placed 100% on diet. 20 Mins of HIIT after a workout is going to vastly improve your cut. It's not going to hurt you muscle wise much at all. WAYYYYY more good then bad as opposed to keto.

Keto has shown no metabolic advantages over regular dieting. Also many people can't function as well without carbs and keep in mind carbs are muscle sparing so why would you take them out when your cutting calories? It's broscience. I'll post an article if I have to.

Just cut calories and do HIIT after lifts. Take a shake before you lift if your that nervous about losing muscle and get in proper post workout nutrition.

The only time I'd suggest Keto is if you had epilepsy....that's what the diet was created for.
    NSCA CSCS

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For the people talking Keto diets and such, here's an interesting post by Pinch yesterday which seems pretty harsh on Keto diets:

Originally Posted by PinchTheBear View Post
    Carbs for thought:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/res...ch-review.html

The full text referenced:
    http://www.ajcn.org/content/83/5/1055.full

I know it's long, but read it. There is literally no difference if you're eating adequate protein in a balanced diet, except if you enjoy keto, which is not likely for a normal person. In theory, the idea makes sense, but in reality, it's just a bunch of pseudoscience fluff.

A simpler pre-contest article from Layne Norton:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm
    Alan Aragon: Carbs and Fats: Friends After All?
    http://alanaragon.com/carbs-fat-friends-after-all.html
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583

tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is placed 100% on diet. 20 Mins of HIIT after a workout is going to vastly improve your cut. It's not going to hurt you muscle wise much at all. WAYYYYY more good then bad as opposed to keto.

Keto has shown no metabolic advantages over regular dieting. Also many people can't function as well without carbs and keep in mind carbs are muscle sparing so why would you take them out when your cutting calories? It's broscience. I'll post an article if I have to.

Just cut calories and do HIIT after lifts. Take a shake before you lift if your that nervous about losing muscle and get in proper post workout nutrition.

The only time I'd suggest Keto is if you had epilepsy....that's what the diet was created for.
    Placebo or Broscience

CKD is the only calorie restricted diet that has ever worked for me. I have tried calorie restricted diets with normal carb intake and have seen no results in the mid-section. Also on normal calorie restricted diets my joints kill me when you are in the starving range. The further the cals drop to strip the fat, the more muscle is lost for me. I can stay within maintenance with CKD and strip away body fat and not be freaking hungry all the time. It is a win win for me.

As far as loss of muscle it would depend on how intense your workout is, I would not want to do any HIIT or Cardio after it. Rest and refeed for me, Fasted morning HIIT or Carbio is great to burn fat.
    Fat Man Typing

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Placebo or Broscience

CKD is the only calorie restricted diet that has ever worked for me.
    feel ya.....if it wasnt for low carb/keto dieting I wouldnt be where I am today. Ketones are my best freind.

Its not Broscience, but I dont really care to get into it right now, everybody just have to do what works for them. When there are 2 sides to a scientific debate everybody will pick and choose which scientific research their biases are attracted to.
    Last edited by KimJong-il; 12-21-2010 at 12:45 PM.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

Placebo or Broscience

CKD is the only calorie restricted diet that has ever worked for me. I have tried calorie restricted diets with normal carb intake and have seen no results in the mid-section. Also on normal calorie restricted diets my joints kill me when you are in the starving range. The further the cals drop to strip the fat, the more muscle is lost for me. I can stay within maintenance with CKD and strip away body fat and not be freaking hungry all the time. It is a win win for me.

As far as loss of muscle it would depend on how intense your workout is, I would not want to do any HIIT or Cardio after it. Rest and refeed for me, Fasted morning HIIT or Carbio is great to burn fat.
    Wrong Again. Fasted cardio has also been shown to give no advantage in the average athlete.
    NSCA CSCS

cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wrong Again. Fasted cardio has also been shown to give no advantage in the average athlete.
    this.

http://www.alanaragon.com/myths-unde...ed-cardio.html

SolidPit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidPit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidPit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidPit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidPit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidPit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidPit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidPit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidPit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidPit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidPit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by shadar View Post
    For the people talking Keto diets and such, here's an interesting post by Pinch yesterday which seems pretty harsh on Keto diets:
    I think keto works really well for people who are sensitive to carbs (like me). Not everyone will respond to the same diet as others.

I have got the best results with CKD diet than with any other.

This is what I can never figure out and I was just the same way years back, you base all of your ideas on what proclaimed gurus and reputable scientific research states. The theories to both principles are solid and the medical facts support both.

Now I am stating this from a trial and error principle from personal experience and never said anything else or other wise

First:
    Your body is at the same state after training than it is first thing in the morning prior to feeding, but slightly different don't want to get into that.
    Why I say it is better in the morning and more of a benefit ME
    If you are lifting your workouts should be intense and drain you of life, so how on earth can you put your best effort forward for Cardio or HIIT without a re-feed or carb up first. After your workout your body has now completely depleted its Glycogen levels and you have low blood sugar hmmm same principle as fasted cardio I do believe.
    I do my cardio in the morning because unlike after a workout I am mentally ready and can overcome anything put in my path.
    Now through trial and error I have found that while on CKD cardio in a depleted state allows me to burn off more fat at a lower intensity level and with less time put into it.
    Now really no matter what data you put forth I will not listen to it, I wasted several years training and listening to the same garbage and now that I have found what works best for my body I am taking my fitness level and size to new levels that I could not even imagine I could reach in the past listening to the industry gurus, scientific research done on controlled studies and bla bla bla.
    Really until you listen to your body you can forget about reaching your goals.
    Fat Man Typing

CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eat less and move more.

Ok let's see a research article that says that doesn't work

* * * * * FREE SAMPLES * * * * * *|

Just go here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136099081

michaelp [at] AISportsNutrition.com

PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    Eat less and move more.

Ok let's see a research article that says that doesn't work
    Post of the year
    Driven Sports

Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    Eat less and move more.
    That is easy if i only care about losing fat. But at the same i care more about not losing muscles.

My goal is: lean muscle mass + losing fat storage on my belly.

CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you eat slightly less than you need to maintain your current weight while still weight training you should lose fat and keep the muscle. If you keep your protein levels high you could actually gain muscle as you lose the fat.

Why do you think you will lose muscle if you lower your calories by say 500 per day and/or increase your activity by 200 - 300 calories per day?

* * * * * FREE SAMPLES * * * * * *|

Just go here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136099081

michaelp [at] AISportsNutrition.com