Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000)

Trials of lskandar

Hi to anyone browsing this.

20 years old.
    5'11
    170lbs

So I am beginning MT and BJJ in January of 2011. I haven't any relevant MA experience so I plan on busting ass before I completely miss the boat and see if I can make something of this.
    I'm a fast learner and pretty athletic, having played sports most of my life, so I'm hoping I can make up for starting kinda late with some natural ability.

Now I know weight gain isn't really recommended for combat athletes, but it's a mental thing for me. I feel like my frame has a lot of filling out to do, so I will stick with my weight gain goals throughout training and see how it goes.

The eventual plan is to learn some classical boxing and wrestling, traveling to Thailand as well as the States(I live in Sydney, Australia).

I lift 3-4x a week. Deadlifts, squats, DB Bench and Military Press are the staples of my training.

Can't wait to start. Any feedback you might feel the need to leave is always awesome, I'm humble and willing to learn.

lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000)
    So I started monday last week. I had problems with my bank and couldn't make a withdrawal so I just tried to focus on getting into shape.

So far it's been amazing.

I've had so much fun already. BJJ and Muay Thai 3x a week so far. In 3 months time I can start going 5-6x a week.

Been learning the fundamentals obviously.
    Start the lesson with a warm up, then straight into technique drilling.

Last monday we learned the kimura and americana. This week we learned a drill for going from underneath mount, to full mount on your opponent. We also learned basic triangle.

We wrestled for 3 rounds, the goal being to maintain top control and go for submissions. I got submitted three times in my first week.

I was submitted three times on monday, but managed to land a kimura, then submitted two guys with the same kimura twice and kept top position on the third.

It's been great fun, I don't mind when the other guy is way better, because it teaches me to think more defensively, as opposed to always being the aggressor.

In thai boxing, there's a lot of fitness, but we've been working on the basic punches. I taught myself a lot of boxing over the years with instructional DVD's and to my surprise, my form wasn't too far off. Obviously now I just need to practice in front of the mirror as much as possible.

I thought I could lift weights on top of it all, but I think I will give it a while to adapt before I try that.

So glad to finally be in the MMA gym training, I'm enjoying it more than anything I've done so far, and I've played a lot of sports.

SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice username, persian/armenian brah?

Originally Posted by SwayWay View Post
    Nice username, persian/armenian brah?
    was the name of one of my ancestors (srs) I liked it, thought I'd roll with it.

Been slack with the log, I will try harder.

Class is going great, grading for my first stripe in another month.

Youtube is awesome for looking at new moves to try, I learned the triangle from mount on there, tried it in class, landed it with some tips from a blue belt and now it's a staple in my arsenal!

I wanted to try the twister but sadly that's classed as a neck crank and not allowed in jiu jitsu.

I keep it there for MMA and grappling tournaments though

Muay Thai is great, but there seem to be a lot of experts there, who are of the same or much lower experience than even me. I appreciate advice wherever it comes from, however a lot of the advice I get is highly questionable and if it's not what the coaches are telling me I don't want to be bothered with it.

Whenever we team up on the pads I like to give helpful tips like 'keep your hands up' or advise them to step in with their jab, but when you got guys giving you technique breakdowns and they've been coming for 2 months it can be highly confusing. Especially if it conflicts with what you know or have been taught and ESPECIALLY when the guy who is teaching you has worse technique than yourself. When someone can walk the walk it is preferable.

I can't wait til we begin sparring. We did light beginner sparring but I'm keen to start the real thing. It's what I got into the sport for, to test my technique!

Weight is down, but cardio is way up and strength is going up too.

Went over basic drills to get out of mount and then move to full mount on your opponent. Then we wrestled 4 rounds.

First round - went with my 'rival' who since the beginning has always been my main partner during drills. Had him in some sticky situations, took his back, he defended well and I couldn't finish. I really struggle sinking the hooks in with the gi.

Second round - rolled with some big british guy who's been coming around 6 months. Got pretty soundly dominated but my sub defense was good. Defended the armbar, triangle, kimura, gi choke, north-south choke.

Third round - Rolled with some skinny little asian dude and I was badly dominated again. I took him down early and kept top position for about half a minute before he swept me and kept me on my back most of the round, trying endlessly for subs. I defended well, he moved to side control for the arm triangle with about 30 seconds to go. I just defended til the buzzer.

Fourth round - Went with one of the newer students, young kid, only been coming for about 3 weeks. I just sat in guard and worked my subs. Taught him to stack me when I went for triangles so he wouldn't get submitted so easily. Glad to pass on what little knowledge I've acquired.

Muay Thai - Worked on front cover and parries. I was doing fine with one handed parries but when we had to mix it up and parry left and right straight hands I felt like a fish out of water. It was fun though.

Then we worked the basic punches on the pads. Did a few freestyle rounds then finished up.

Drilled back escapes today. Was good because when someone takes my back, all I know how to do is turn towards them but if they have their hooks in and if I can't do that I'm screwed.

-Wrestled with the same big british guy who controlled me monday. Did much better, got him down, went for arm locks, got reversed. Defended his attempts to gain full mount, bridged him and sat in his guard. Managed to pass to side control then full mount then went for subs the rest of the round. Seems like I improved from monday, felt good man.

-Went with a one stripe white belt. He was good but he was a lot smaller than me. Managed to gain full mount, got my leg behind his head then sunk in the triangle and finished it from mount. Good round, I was real busy because he was very active which is great. Defending and countering, even though I have a very basic skill set.

-Rolled with my 'rival' again. Neither of us really had the upper hand. I almost sunk in the triangle but he slipped his head out. He rolled for an arm bar but I just stacked him and slowly slipped my arm out. Just controlled him from top.

I'm really liking the rate at which I'm improving. Reminds me of the noob gains you get as a lifter. Weight is coming back on again.

During Thai boxing we practiced push kick parries, rear and front leg, using elbow and arm parries. Was a fun drill actually, worked with my mate and we picked up the general idea pretty quick and tried to drill it fast.

Then we finished up with combo's and push kicks on the pads. Was in the gym for nearly 3 hours.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in.

Originally Posted by ftwrestler View Post
    in.
    Good to have you along for the ride man, and thanks for all the help! Looking forward to starting the routine.

Been doing plenty of push ups and pull ups over the last week. Will be starting my scheduled strength and conditioning this week. I had to switch things around to cater for work but I'm pumped to see how things pan out.

At BJJ today we drilled control from guard. Pushing the feet on the hips and bicep, set up of the triangle. We didn't drill arm bar set ups but I saw openings there that can be exploited.

3 rounds of wrestling.

1st guy - Rival again, even contest, went for the triangle, went for the armbar, nearly got both. He nearly got the americana from his back but I managed to grab a hold of my arm and turn him into mount. I bridged and we just fought for position.

2nd guy - Rolled with a guy who started around the same time as me. Just kept holding dominant positions. Couldn't finish but was happy with my transitions.

3rd round - Wrestled a 3 stripe white belt. He just helped me out with technique and posture while he practiced his own defense.

Notes - I really need to work on my posture and breaking closed guard. I don't want to sit there and just apply pressure on my opponent but when you can't break their legs apart it can be frustrating.

Muay Thai - Worked on knees. Did some shadowboxing with the coach calling out strikes. Then we worked the thai pads with combo's and clinch knees. Pretty keen to start sparring, only a couple of weeks to go.

I feel like I'm really getting fitter. Before it wasn't too noticeable but now I can tell. Diet needs to be better, I cheated after training but I'm focused this week.

Volunteered for the bjj comp this weekend to help out, since I can't compete as I'm a no-stripe white. Hopefully I'll learn some things and show the coaches I'm committed to the sport.

Felt flat and weak at bjj. We drilled takedowns from standing positions. We also worked on different grips and maintaining them. I actually tried a judo throw with grips during our wrestling that I'd seen on youtube lolz. It worked which was hilarious.

Only rolled 2 rounds today. The third and fourth I just worked on arm bar drills with a partner.

First round - An advanced white belt, I'd rolled with him before and got pretty soundly dominated and tapped once. Didn't tap this time and actually managed to get out from under his mount. I failed all my take downs but that was to be expected. Feels good to compete with someone more advanced and a lot bigger.

Second round - some really explosive asian kid who'd been coming for around the same length of time as me. Struggled to hold full mount, he had the most powerful bridge I've come across. His style was a lot similar to mine, explode out of bad positions, which made it interesting.
    Caught him in a triangle toward the middle of the round. Nearly caught the armbar but he stood up and slipped out. He also defended the kimura well, managed to reverse me but I ended up back on top.

I felt weak and banged up. All my joints were aching, had a huge lump on my knee and my heart wasn't in it. Decided not to go to kickboxing, just didn't have it in me. Did some stretches then finished up.

Been sick the last week and had little to no internet access so I haven't been able to log, or train for that matter.

Just practiced drills for grading yesterday. From guard to mount, from opponent having full mount to taking mount on them.

Wrestled my buddy and two blue belts today.

- My friend and I had a good match. He's like 10 classes ahead of me at the moment so it felt good to stay competitive. I nearly sunk in the armbar, he managed to stand out of it. I really need to stop letting that happen.

- Blue belt #1. Dude was sick, tapped me out 3 times and made me feel pretty stupid. Needless to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially when I defending his arm triangle, which I think I am impervious to, and his armbar that he just couldn't secure. He gave up on the kimura pretty quick as well.

- Blue belt #2. I defended really well but was pretty easily dominated. Got complimented on my defense and my reversal where I escaped his choke and turned into his guard. He gave me some tips, was real productive.

Finished up pretty happy with how things went. No gi on saturday. I get my first stripe in 2 and a half weeks.

Practiced grading drills monday. We worked on our knee ride drill yesterday. I picked it up pretty quickly, glad with what I know. I should pass grading easily.

I won't be able to grade for Muay Thai, haven't gone to enough classes, so no sparring for another couple of months unfortunately. Such is life.

Got pretty badly dominated on wednesday when we wrestled.

Basically all I could do was defend against guys I really should have easily handled, but when I have my off days or get soundly beat in practice I only come back stronger the next time around.

My third round was good even though my heart wasn't in it. Couldn't submit the guy though which was disappointing.
    Second round I managed to finish in the guys guard working for a pass while controlling his left arm as a distraction.
    First round was just me defending subs every time I landed in guard and getting my own half guard passed at will after repeatedly being taken down.

Monday's session was great.

I caught a 3 stripe white belt who easily outweighed me in a triangle from mount after being thoroughly beat up the whole time. He rolled me onto my back and I managed to lock it in. He attempted every method to escape it but I held on, got a hold of his head and finished it. He tapped, felt pretty good.

That's basically all I can recall from monday for some reason. I need to log this stuff sooner while it's fresh.

At Muay Thai we just practiced our foot work and punch combo's. Me and the explosive asian dude who gives me fits at BJJ worked all our combo's in succession one after the other, which amounted to 15 punches. Was fun working that on the pads, felt very fluid and rhythmic.

I might start taking vids of my training to be critiqued now that I have a new phone.

My strength and conditioning work is back on, I will start logging it soon.

Grading practice. Went through all 5 drills with a partner, taking it in turns to do 5 each.
    At Muay Thai, just worked pads and went through the punches and covers for the upcoming grading. I will be able to grade now since I'll be doing a private lesson tomorrow and can demonstrate to the instructors that I know my stuff.

Should be able to start sparring on thursday.

Schedule for the upcoming week.

Saturday - Gi grading practice. MT Private Lesson.
    Sunday - Gi grading practice @ home. MT practice @ home.
    Monday - White belt first stripe grading.
    Tuesday - Muay Thai grading.
    Wednesday - BJJ and MT
    Thursday - Intermediate BJJ + Intermediate MT

Very busy 6 days. Once I pass I'll be training monday through to thursday and saturdays. That's roughly 15 hours a week.

I am now on the look out for a good boxing gym, I know I'm a late starter and I know I'm playing catch up, so I need to get the ball rolling and really put some work into my hands.

It's so hard to find a good wrestling school here.

My first BJJ comp is in 2 weeks. I have a nice little surprise I'm working on for it. It's a big comp and it may be my first but I'm going in to win, even if that sounds ridiculous. Who cares if I get my ass kicked? I'll make the guy work for it and it will be a great experience.

Don't know what weight class I'll compete in. I'm at about 77kgs at the moment, I'll just compete at whatever my weight happens to be. I'm cool like that.

BRO_v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRO_v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRO_v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRO_v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRO_v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRO_v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRO_v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRO_v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRO_v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRO_v has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BRO_v has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Is the BJJ tournament going to be recorded? If not, you should get someone to for analysis. I remember when that one guy posted his matches and got a lot of great feedback from people that normally wouldn't be able to help him.

Anyway, keep up the logging!

Originally Posted by BRO_v View Post
    Is the BJJ tournament going to be recorded? If not, you should get someone to for analysis. I remember when that one guy posted his matches and got a lot of great feedback from people that normally wouldn't be able to help him.

Anyway, keep up the logging!
    That's the plan. I have a mate coming along, I'll get him to record it on my phone.

Thanks for following, pal.

Just got back from practice. Just ran through all the drills in succession then had a wrestle. My buddies getting real good, our wrestling is actually reminiscent of two people who know what they're doing now.

I have to leave in 15 minutes for MT private. There is competition practice on at the same time, I might try and catch the tail end of it.

Kickboxing priv. lesson on sunday went well. Instructor said I'm ready. I'm a little worried about the fitness side of things because I feel pathetic but I'll get through it.

Today I got my first stripe. Went through the 5 drills easy, no sweat.

Wrestled a few rounds. I had nothing left in the tank by the third. Just got dominated then eventually subbed with an unorthodox kimura. Didn't even care.

Muay Thai grading tomorrow. Training on weds and thurs then comp on Saturday.

Going to just eat, rest, relax tomorrow on my day off in prep for the nights proceedings.

Muay Thai went well. I'm now a rank higher. Pretty easy, my fitness was barely hanging in there since I'm pretty beat up, but no rest until the friday before the comp.

Looking forward to getting into the sparring, I'm itching to test myself.

Need to order in shinguards, headgear, mouthguard, groin guard and probably a new gi or two. Expensive but this sport is the sh-t and well worth the $$$.

Been getting good tricks and tips for comp practice off one of the instructors, he'll be helping me and a buddy over the next couple days and on tournament day itself.

Things to remember:
    -Confidence
    -Calmness
    -Don't expend all your energy and gas out.

My conditioning is still leaps and bounds from where it should be, the gas tank isn't quite there yet, so definitely going to keep my aggression in short bursts. The next few days in my free time I'll be working on and visualizing my tactics from each position.

Couldn't train on wednesday because work held me back.

Did 2 hours of comp training on thursday.

We just went over our takedowns, our sweeps and our guard passes. Kept it very basic. My takedowns are okay considering I rarely start grappling from standing up(that will change now that I have my first stripe) and I'm confident that I can put anyone in my weight and belt class on their back pretty violently.

Wrestled 4 rounds. I gassed out hard in the second. I've literally never been that tired before, gives me an appreciation for fighters who gas but hang in there. That definitely takes heart. I think all this training, work and weight lifting on top of a pretty meh diet is taking it's toll. Best I can do is rest up tonight, get a full nights sleep and hope for the best tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll get some video's up of my performance.
    My first match is at midday. 79kg class.

Competition summary: My first opponent didn't rock up, so I'm in the second round. I come up against this guy with so many stripes on his belt I was sure he should have been a belt higher.

Lasted 3 and a half minutes and he landed an armbar. I nearly escaped, then made the retarded mistake of letting go of my arm and he finished. Pretty damn annoyed but what can you do.

I'm not even going to bother posting a video, my coaches saw the whole thing and I know how much I sucked and what I need to work on.

The next comp is in august. I will be in badass shape and well prepared. Just gonna rest for the remainder of the weekend then back in the gym again.

Been back in the gym starting from monday. Gave lifting a rest for a couple days, will be back battling the weights tomorrow.

We worked our side control escapes in class. I actually added an awesome one to my arsenal that I learned watching Penn-St Pierre II. BJ throws his leg over and hooks it into GSP's thigh, using the leverage to pull himself back into guard. If I can move the hand blocking the hip in side control I can pull this one off.

Haven't been sparring MT as I'm still waiting on my gear to arrive.

Yesterday I had an awesome session. I was catching guys in everything. One round I wrestled with the guy who won gold at the recent competition in the weight class above me in my belt division. He possibly was going easy on me but I was highly competitive and would have won on points. It was impossible to gain full mount on him though, his bottom game is incredible.
    It was through him that I found a boxing gym that I will be looking into. The commute is lengthy but not too bad and I'm excited to really work on my hands.
    Unfortunately the match after that one was less than stellar, but it is only training after all. I would rather lose and learn than dominate and stagnate.

I have a modified shin choke that I also caught a dude with in class, I'll keep it in my game for those times where the opportunity presents itself.

Fitness wasn't too bad today but I need to be consistent with my sprints and really push my conditioning to another level, especially considering the next bjj comp is in August and my prep starts in a couple weeks.

My sh-t arrived today so I was good to spar. Started with some sparring drills then went right into 6 rounds. I'd forgotten how much it sucks to get punched. I did a lot of backing up initially, which I know is just awful, but it was my instinct. Then I started circling off and in a lot of instances, planting my feet and catching shots on the gloves before countering. I was starting to have good success with both.

One thing I usually have to my advantage is speed. One retarded thing I keep doing is weaving real low and I nearly ate a low kick to the face doing it. It made me take note of that ish real quick.

BJJ was really good today. I wasn't in the mood to wrestle but after the 1st round I was fine. I got choked out twice, once by a forearm choke and once by an arm triangle that I basically gave to the guy because I wasn't really familiar with his set up... but both guys were bigger and had been training for around a year so it was good to actually get in some solid practice with them.

We worked our side escapes to guard, to north south and to back. I worked my ass off to hit them in our wrestling rounds and I had some success. Now it's just a matter of doing it over and over again until it's perfect.

Looking forward to sparring more often now that I know how sh-t I am.

Ordered Ross Enamait's package deal. I'm a big fan of his work and can't wait to get his entire set which includes books and DVD's.

I have a few strength and conditioning routines I plan to run. One I was given by ftwrestler, which I thought was badass and in Ross's books I know there are some good ones as well. Martin Rooney's training for warriors had an interesting set up I will definitely try. I know he gets mixed reviews but I always like to trial things for myself.

I have been doing a lot of pure 5x5 and 3x5 and I really am tired of it. They were what I used when I first started lifting and now my heart just isn't in it so changing it all up should be for the best.

Hopefully should be able to check out that boxing gym this next week. My schedule is looking real busy, just how I like it. 6 more months of hard training and I'll talk to my coaches about getting a fight.

Fundamentals yesterday. Kimura and guillotine from guard. Nothing noteworthy. I really need to work on my guard game, so I'm going to be pulling guard more often from now on.

Just worked body and head pummeling in MT. Fitness is the best it's been in a while.

I was supposed to go to the morning session but I went to sleep too late and was just really lazy and pathetic this morning to be honest. I will 100% go on thursday.

Training again tonight. I plan on checking out the boxing gym tomorrow.

Good session on tuesday. My takedowns are really improving, double leg, single, my throws from the clinch. I am a fervent believer in visual learning. I watch Jon Jones, I watch Koscheck, GSP, Rashad, Machida, Karo and I try to maneuver myself like them and execute the way they do. Youtube is probably one of the best resources for a fighter.

I didn't go to kickboxing the last couple of days because the motivation isn't really there unless I'm sparring. I'll stop being lazy and start going more often. Sparring tonight.

Last nights training was good, but I'm annoyed at some of the mistakes I keep making. At least I can identify them and work on them. I gave away a kimura to a guy who, while better than me, should not be able to submit me. I also let him reclaim half guard when I took side control, which I literally couldn't believe I did. I know it's only training but it is frustrating when you don't perform how you should. I enjoy fundamentals class because I really want to tighten up my base til it's perfect. I don't want to be a higher level guy who keeps getting tripped up on poor basics.

I couldn't check out the boxing gym because I was late back from work, but I plan to asap.

4 weeks til the next comp.

Thursday - Hard training session. Went through sparring drills before padding up and getting into it. Big improvement from last week but I still suck of course. I didn't back up once which was good, but I need to stop looking away when I'm getting punched. Checked some kicks, landed some kicks.

I really need to be sparring more than once a week so I'll have to see the other days I can get in some ring time. I should be boxing soon too.

Body shots suck. This big guy with retarded reach kept nailing me in the side, slowly knocking the wind out of me. He couldn't land cleanly on my head and every time he went to the body he ate a counter left, but it wears you down.

I might have to re-asses that 'look for a fight in 6 months time' thing unless I make some marked improvements in my striking.

At BJJ we learned the omoplata. I sucked, but I was getting the idea towards the end of the class. I've forgotten a couple of the basic sweeps, escapes and submissions we've learned so far, so I might either get a priv. lesson with one of the instructors or drill it with a buddy during fundamentals class monday.

I wrestled well, my guard was good, sweeps were good. I wrestled a blue belt and got humbled again.
    During our first scuffle, he pulled guard, swept me and rolled for an armbar. I managed to turn into him and tried to pass but he got to his knees and we both went to our feet. I'm not sure how we hit the mat the second time but he quickly took mount and hit the armbar when I left my arm out there. Third time around I managed to take him down with a single, pass to halfguard before he rolled me, took mount and choked me out with the gi. I nearly escaped but I'm not going to risk putting my lights out training against a blue belt.
    Apparently my scrambling is good and I'm explosive and I was pretty happy with how I went overall. I asked him how he got that armbar so fast and he basically told me not to force submissions. He knew I was going to reach up to grab his arm and try to bridge him so he just took it from there. A lot of it is anticipation.

My takedown game seems to be decent, but I know BJJ guys aren't the best at that kind of thing. When I can find a good wrestling place I'll be working on it for sure.

Was in the zone last night. We really worked the hell out of our sweeps. My sweep game is getting there, I can pretty much get any white belt in the gym with it. Also looked at positioning and angles, switching from sweeps to subs and vice versa.

Wrestled 3 rounds.

First round was against my buddy who's only been coming for 2-3 weeks. He's doing alright, he's strong and outweighs me by a good 10kgs so he can tire you out over time. I just worked my guard game and just swept him when he left openings. Caught him with an early guillotine too.

Second round was against another friend who is a 2 stripe but doesn't come that often. By rights he should be a blue belt by now. I also caught him with an early guillotine, then dominated. I just waited for him to come, took him down at will and just kept top control.

Third round I just went for sub after sub on another friend, whose defense is great but who needs to stop letting me pass and control him.

Tonight at advanced I want to go 5 rounds and get my ass kicked. There's no shortage of blue belts usually so it should be fun.

Fundamentals class. Just worked on breaking and maintaining posture. Wrestling was good, plenty to work on before the comp, but I'm twice as good as I was at the last one.

Side control escapes need work. Today at BJJ I'll have plenty of time to practice them. The package from rosstraining came. Going to read through all the material then begin the 50 day program.

I've taken the last 2 weeks off. Between ****ing up my car and getting sick again, for probably the 5th time this year I've had a streak of bad luck. Back in the game tomorrow though, starting the 50 day program in Infinite Intensity and jumping back on the mats. I'm not going to compete at the upcoming tournament, I'm not ready at all. The one after that is my goal. I'll have my 2nd stripe by then so I'll really want to prove myself, motivation is very high. I'm 21 now, the clock is ticking, I need to be training!

When my car problems are sorted I'll start boxing. I'm back with a vengeance. Just watched one of my favorite fighters get destroyed today, I'm going to avenge him! haha. Let's do this!

Started Infinite Intensity. 50 day program.

Day 1 -
    Magic 50 workout:
    5 DB snatches each arm
    5 DB swings each arm
    10 Burpees
    Short rest.

Perform this circuit 5x.

Way harder than it looks... Nearly killed me. Took 60 seconds rest and used a 15kg dumbbell.

Then I did 3 sets of Farmer's walks with a 20kg dumbbell for each arm. Walking for distance. It's the first time I've done this movement.

These destroyed my forearms - I can feel it even as I type this down now.

Started back again. Surprisingly neither skills or conditioning noticeably declined.

Landed two subs.
    A triangle that I transitioned into an armbar.
    Then an armbar that I turned into a kimura with my legs(lol).

Then I wrestled a big guy, handled him pretty easily and nearly landed the armbar at the end but he fought it til the round ended.

Felt good. I'm glad I didn't decline too badly, hopefully I'll be able to roll with some blue belts tonight.

At kickboxing just went through combo's. I'm really gonna train the hell out of my footwork, everyday for at least 10 minutes.

Got in a quick strength training session. Day #3 of Infinite Intensity.

I was pretty fried from training and short on time so I got through as much as I could and kept it intense.

2 minute warm up on bike. 5 minutes of footwork and shadowboxing.

Dumbbell Clean and Press 20kgs
    4 sets x 3 reps each arm

Dumbbell Snatch 20kgs
    4 sets x 3 reps each arm

Flat Bench Press 65kgs
    3 sets x 5 reps

Chest was so smashed from burpees and push ups yesterday, didn't have much in me.

Ended it there. Off to training now.