MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to handle 4-6 weeks of no exercise?

I'm having surgery tomorrow. I'm basically going to be shelved for 4 weeks. Realistically I'll start doing what I can workout-wise in two weeks but I won't anticipate much. 4 weeks I will be able to train. At 6 weeks, I'll have no worries.

I'm already lean, hovering close to 180 with sub 10% BF. I really would like to continue my progress of adding muscle, decreasing BF. Obviously without exercise, adding muscle isn't going to happen.

How would you adjust a keto diet to accommodate?

I calculated my sedentary maintenance at 2400 cals. So far I've come to 3 options.

A.) Eat at the 2400 cals, no carb ups. I'll be making no progress.

B.) Cut the cals to 1900, remain on keto. Again, no carb ups.

C.) Suck it up, do a PSMF for a couple weeks. Recover and jump right back on keto bulk/recomp.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. You can kinda go one of two ways while inactive, you can eat at or a little above maintenance and perserve your muscle, or go under maintenance and cut a little more body fat. Either way it probably wont be noticable, your not gonna drop to 4% BF and lose 6lbs of muscle or gain 4-5 lbs of fat. Your pretty leaned out so I think that if you went the maintenance route, you would stay the same weight and size and be able to pick up where your left off.
    USMC 04-08
    Native Texan

Texas Longhorns-Texas Rangers-Dallas Cowboys-San Antonio Spurs-Alexis Texas

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah good luck man. 4-6 weeks is enough time to lose some muscle, but it'll come back soon enough.

Personally I'd do maintenance. No need to risk further muscle loss.

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I broke my wrist and was out for 6 or 7 weeks and made the mistake of eating an SKD at about -300 maintenance. It was a BIG mistake. I lost muscle. I strongly encourage you to eat at maintenance and if I broke something again, I would even carb-up. Cutting fat is easy enough on Keto anyway, so I would know I could get back to where I was rather quickly.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA