SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Kept lifting, and got weaker......

3 months ago i lifted 205 as my max on the bench. During the 3 months i did about 6 sets of 3x10 sets. And today i tried to bench my max and i could only do 205. Why did i not increase at all?

Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000) Energized is just really nice. (+1000)
    The next time you hit the bench make sure you get a good sleep and have eaten properly through the day so your energy levels are up. Unless you have been overtraining and undereating your lifts shouldn't have gone down...
    I always rep back.

[IIFYM]

Registered User NewYorkGiants24's Avatar
    NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you been doing the same reps and sets the whole time?
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." ~ Vince Lombardi

You can never stop learning, research means everything.

SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SwoleNeck is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by NewYorkGiants24 View Post
    Have you been doing the same reps and sets the whole time?
    Yeah pretty much. I used free weights half of the time then i used a regular bench. I built muscle though i can tell my chest grew a little. But there are no strength gains.

arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000)
    too much volume man i suggest just making your goal to constant progress each workout, think about it...if a man was stuck at a 225lb squat for 3 months in a row with no increase do you think his thighs would get during those 3 months?..with that amount of sets and that high of reps overtraining becomes very easy and makes it harder to focus on upping your weights each workout. pyramid up to 4-6 rep max and make it your priority to up the weight by 5lbs each workout which won't be a problem if your diet is correct
    when you want what you've never had, you must do things you've never done.

Originally Posted by arslanian1020 View Post
    too much volume man i suggest just making your goal to constant progress each workout, think about it...if a man was stuck at a 225lb squat for 3 months in a row with no increase do you think his thighs would get during those 3 months?..with that amount of sets and that high of reps overtraining becomes very easy and makes it harder to focus on upping your weights each workout. pyramid up to 4-6 rep max and make it your priority to up the weight by 5lbs each workout which won't be a problem if your diet is correct
    I want my chest to grow in size, i heard more reps is better to build your chest when your bulking. Will upping my weight to 4-6 reps build my chest as fast?

arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000) arslanian1020 is just really nice. (+1000)
    heres a concept for you to consider...muscle size/strength are directly related. have you ever seen someone with 20 inch thighs squat 600lbs? no. if i were you i would start powerlifting until your weights plateaued then switch over to a bodybuilding routine and vice versa
    when you want what you've never had, you must do things you've never done.

ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You didn't tell us what your 3x10 starting and ending max was. All you said is you didn't train 3x1 and are surprised 3x10 didn't have carryover.

phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SwoleNeck View Post
    3 months ago i lifted 205 as my max on the bench. During the 3 months i did about 6 sets of 3x10 sets. And today i tried to bench my max and i could only do 205. Why did i not increase at all?
    There are two things you need;

MOAR RECOVERY: Your muscles will not grow no matter how hard and often you work them. They will grow once they have had enough time to replace what it has lost through exercise AND then some. I suggest spacing your chest days a day or even two further apart from each other then they currently are.

PROGRESSIVE RESISTANCE: If you are using the same weights for the same reps, your muscles had no need to get stronger. You must try to press for new personal records. Try finding a bench periodization routine. There are plenty on the internet that are good routines.

http://www.impulseadventure.com/weights/bench-rick.html

There's one. Follow part one. I've done that and my max has gone from 225 to 240 in about a month. And I've been lifting less often.
    355 Bench
    565 Dead
    520 Parallel Box Squat

Dedicated+Zealous Actions zepplin92's Avatar
    zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Get on a good strength routine.
    Eat enough, sleep enough.
    ???
    Profit.