We should all have a regular physical exercise regime, even if it is only half an hour each day for an energetic walk. The benefits of frequent exercise are enormous, these are ten real advantages that can be derived from physical activity.
1. Increasing your metabolic rate.
This is particularly helpful to people who want to lose weight. Your metabolic rate is the one at which your body burn off calories and therefore fat when it is at rest. Regular exercise increases your metabolic rate and it helps to increase weight loss.
2. Improves cardiovascular health.
Cardiovascular exercise, or cardio as it is often referred to, is the exercise that works the heart and lungs. Regular exercise includes such things as: swimming and cycling. These exercises can also be described as aerobic. They exercise the heart and lungs making them much stronger and healthier organs.
3. Stronger bones.
Regular weight bearing aerobic exercises such as: walking, jogging, aerobics classes, and dancing. All help to strengthen your bones.
4. Healthier skin.
Because cardiovascular exercise raises your heartbeat and gets your lungs working harder, this improves your circulation. Which in turn leads to an improved supply of essential nutrients to your skin, helping to detox your body and promoting healthy skin.
5. Reduces stress.
The stress is caused by the presence of certain hormones in the bloodstream. Regular physical exercise helps to remove these hormones consequently reducing the levels of stress.
If someone knows more benefits of regular exercise, then you can share your views.
Thread: 5 benefits of regular exercise
12-14-2010, 07:06 AM #1
5 benefits of regular exercise
12-14-2010, 11:37 AM #2
- Join Date: Oct 2004
- Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Stats: 5'11", 215 lbs
- Posts: 11,693
- BodyPoints: 4085
- Rep Power: 0
12-14-2010, 11:58 AM #3
12-14-2010, 12:00 PM #4
- Join Date: Feb 2006
- Location: Discussing relevant exercises
- Stats: 5'9", 189 lbs
- Posts: 20,147
- BodyPoints: 14428
- Rep Power: 36494
12-14-2010, 12:01 PM #5
12-14-2010, 12:03 PM #6
- Join Date: Dec 2010
- Location: United States
- Age: 30
- Stats: 6'2", 210 lbs
- Posts: 200
- Rep Power: 70
12-14-2010, 12:05 PM #7
- Join Date: Jan 2009
- Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
- Age: 58
- Posts: 1,500
- Rep Power: 269
1. Help you to more effectively manage stress.
2. Help you to lose weight - especially fat weight.
3. Improve the functioning of your immune system.
4. Reduce medical and healthcare expenses.
5. Reduce your risk of getting heart disease.
6. Increase your level of muscle strength.
7. Improve athletic performance.
8. Help relieve the pain of tension headaches - perhaps the most common
type of headache.
9. Allows you to consume greater quantities of food and still maintain caloric
10. Help you sleep easier and better.
11. Enhances sexual desire, performance, and satisfaction.
12. Reduce the risk of developing hypertension (high blood pressure).
13. Increase the density and breaking strength of bones.
14. Improve your physical appearance.
15. Increase circulating levels of HDL (good) cholesterol.
16. Assist in efforts to stop smoking.
17. Help you to relax.
18. Help improve short-term memory in older individuals.
19. Help to maintain weight loss - unlike dieting, alone.
20. Help relieve many of the common discomforts of pregnancy (backache,
heartburn, constipation, etc.).
21. Reduce your anxiety level.
22. Help control blood pressure in people with hypertension.
23. Protect against "creeping obesity" (the slow, but steady weight gain that
occurs as you age).
24. Reduce vulnerability to various cardiac dysrhythmias (abnormal heart
25. Improve the likelihood of survival from a myocardial infarction (heart
26. Help to overcome jet lag.
27. Slow the rate of joint degeneration in people with osteoarthritis.
28. Lower your resting heart rate.
29. Help to boost creativity.
30. Reduce circulating levels of triglycerides.
31. Help the body resist upper respiratory tract infections.
32. Increase your anaerobic threshold, allowing you to work or exercise
longer at a higher level, before a significant amount of lactic acid builds up.
33. Help to preserve lean body tissue
34. Improve ability to recover from physical exertion.
35. Help speed recovery from chemotherapy treatments.
36. Increase ability to supply blood to the skin for cooling.
37. Increase the thickness of the cartilage in your joints.
38. Give you more energy to meet the demands of daily life, and provides you
with a reserve to meet the demands of unexpected emergencies.
39. Increase your level of muscle endurance.
40. Help prevent intestinal ulcers.
41. Increase the density and breaking strength of ligaments and tendons.
42. Improve posture.
43. Increase your maximal oxygen uptake (VO2 max-perhaps the best
measure of your physical working capacity).
44. Help you to maintain your resting metabolic rate.
45. Reduce the risk of developing colon cancer.
46. Increase your tissues' responsiveness to the actions of insulin (i.e.,
improves tissue sensitivity for insulin) helping to better control blood sugar,
particularly if you are a Type II diabetic.
47. Help to relieve constipation.
48. Expand blood plasma volume.
49. Reduce the risk of developing prostate cancer.
50. Help to combat substance abuse.
51. Help to alleviate depression.
52. Increase your ability to adapt to cold environments.
53. Help you maintain proper muscle balance.
54. Reduce the rate and severity of medical complications associated with
55. Help to alleviate certain menstrual symptoms.
56. Lower your heart rate response to sub maximal physical exertion.
57. Help to alleviate low-back pain.
58. Help to reduce the amount of insulin required to control blood sugar
levels in Type I (insulin-dependent) diabetics.
59. Improve mental alertness.
60. Improve respiratory muscle strength and muscle endurance - particularly
important for asthmatics.
61. Reduce your risk of having a stroke.
62. Help you to burn excess calories
63. Increase your cardiac reserve.
64. Improve coronary (heart) circulation.
65. Offset some of the negative side effects of certain antihypertensive drugs.
66. Increase your stroke volume (the amount of blood the heart pumps with
67. Improve your self-esteem.
68. Reduce your susceptibility for coronary thrombosis (a clot in an artery that
supplies the heart with blood).
69. Reduce your risk of developing Type II (non-insulin-dependent) diabetes.
70. Reduce the risk of developing breast cancer.
71. Improve mental cognition (a short-term effect only).
72. Maintain or improves joint flexibility.
73. Improve your glucose tolerance.
74. Reduce workdays missed due to illness.
75. Reduce the viscosity of your blood.
76. Enhance your muscles' abilities to extract oxygen from your blood.
77. Increase your productivity at work.
78. Reduce your likelihood of developing low-back problems.
79. Improve your balance and coordination.
80. Improve your body's ability to use fat for energy during physical activity.
81. Provide protection against injury.
82. Decrease (by 20 to 30 percent) the need for antihypertensive medication,
if you are hypertensive.
83. Improve your decision-making abilities.
84. Help reduce and prevent the immediate symptoms of menopause (hot
flashes, sleep disturbances, irritability) and decrease the long-term risks of
cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, and obesity.
85. Help to relieve and prevent "migraine headache attacks."
86. Reduce the risk of endometriosis (a common cause of infertility).
87. Help to retard bone loss as you age, thereby reducing your risk of
88. Help decrease your appetite (a short-term effect only).
89. Improve pain tolerance and mood if you suffer from osteoarthritis.
90. Help prevent and relieve the stresses that cause carpal tunnel syndrome.
91. Make your heart a more efficient pump.
92. Help to decrease left ventricular hypertrophy (a thickening of the walls of
the left ventricle) in people with hypertension.
93. May be protective against the development of Alzheimer's disease.
94. Improve your mood.
95. Help to increase your overall health awareness.
96. Reduce the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding.
97. Help you to maintain an independent lifestyle.
98. Reduce the level of abdominal obesity - a significant health-risk factor.
99. Increase the diffusion capacity of the lungs, enhancing the exchange of
oxygen from your lungs to your blood.
100. Improve heat tolerance.
101. Improve your overall quality of life.
SOURCE: http://www.fitgoolwa.com.au/pdf/101-...o-Exercise.pdf et aLbecause fitness isn't coincidence
12-14-2010, 12:59 PM #8
- Join Date: Jan 2006
- Location: Lakeland, Florida, United States
- Age: 30
- Stats: 5'11", 190 lbs
- Posts: 54,567
- BodyPoints: 310
- Rep Power: 149204
Number of advantages said to be in thread: 10
Number of advantages listed numerically: 5
Number of posts by OP: 2
Number of idiotic posts by OP: 2
Number of times OP has been negged due to spamming: One can only imagine.
Why is it new posters feel the need to be so cordial and nice to even the dumbest posters on the web?-
Alchemist of Alcohol
Wow you're a 30 yr old phaggot fantasizing over an ugly stick. Lol. Measly negs just because you're pathetic. Lollll - velvetmudhole
12-14-2010, 01:32 PM #9
By wolf29 in forum Workout ProgramsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-06-2013, 02:33 AM
By Buildandrun in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 11Last Post: 02-02-2007, 11:17 PM
By dingdonglo in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 2Last Post: 10-24-2004, 07:37 PM