Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
    brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    diet is going good so far, weighed 208 this morning so i am down 6 lbs, didnt get to start my stronglifts yesterday but that is on the agenda for today, it was really nice out yesterday and my wife had the day off so we worked in the yard, but i will lift here in a few hours

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's good to hear that you're still sticking strong with the nutrition plan. Keep it up and let me know how the stronglift sessions go!

williapl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great stuff man. I have really enjoyed your log and I have learned a lot reading through your posts. I started a strict Keto diet May 1st. I am not really counting calories just making sure I consume large amounts of protein and good fats. Plenty of chicken breasts (up to 7 a day now) + ISO Pure Carbless protein shakes in water. While consuming a good amount of flax, fish, and coconut oil. The carbs have been as low as I can keep them. The only real carbs I eat during the day are from cheese and the occasional 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce for my baked chicken. So far in 3 1/2 weeks I am down close to 14 lbs (250 to 234). I try not to go by weight mainly the mirrors and clothes because I know weight varies depending on water retention and so forth, but its a good mental thing to see lower numbers. I try to eat 1.5 to 2 chicken breasts per meal and some fat and use the protein shakes as in between snacks. I was skeptical about what this type of dieting can do, but after these last couple of weeks the lifts are strong, i look leaner than I was and I dont seem to be loosing much muscle. Again, I probably should be tracking calories and macros, but I figure I am eating lean chicken EVERYDAY and good fats with STRICT LOW Carbs only coming from cheese really so I dont worry much about being out of ketosis. Keto sticks show ketones (varying) all the time. When I go to the gym I try to lift as heavy as possible 5 sets x10 reps (dropping some weight to allow me to finish the sets). I focus on specific areas for my workouts and get about 4 days rest between workouts for those bodyparts. So if i do chest on monday I make sure I get in a good workout and then the next time I would work it out would probably be fri/sat. I do that for legs, back and etc. For cardio 45 mins on the treadmill at 15 incline with a 3.0-3.3 speed. I try to do this twice a day if I can get in the gym early enough. I get a real good sweat out of this. Every once in a while I have been mixing in some HITT i'd say once or twice a week. Now that I have seen some progress I know I want to switch it up.

I may go CKD and Carb up on Wednesdays or Sundays for a couple weeks or TKD everyday consuming some high GI Carbs before and after workouts only to make sure I maximize my PWO shake. I am not sure though. I am trying to get some opinions on what works to keep the body guessing. Anybody have success with high reps lower weights or should I continue the heavy/moderate rep route? Will intense cardio like INSANITY be too much for a Keto diet. Ive heard mixed opinions about this. Again, love the log! Keep it up.

brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow, well things have been hecktic around my house, just bought a swimming pool, so i havent been able to workout....or diet lol its ok though im gonna start back working out next monday and i will be doing tnt plan A
    Last edited by brentbonifasold; 06-08-2012 at 08:42 AM.

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, this should be a good weekend for the pool. Supposed to be in the 90's.

well i started tnt plan A all over again today, this time i am determined to not let anything stop me! not sure if im gonna start my lifting or not, but i am gonna start jumping rope for my cardio again, gonna start with 5-2mins rounds with 1 min rest between rounds and work my way up from there eventually increase the time and decreasing the rest

wow its been awhile but im finally back on track.here are my macros for today

1664 cals
    52g fat
    53g carbs 16g fiber 37g net carbs
    222g protein

i start my at home strength and conditioning program that helped me lose 25lbs and 10.5% bodyfat in 12 weeks, some of you may remember, anyways today was endurance legs and whew did it kick my butt!

anyways starting tomorrow i will post my workouts and what exactly im eating.

i started stronglifts 5x5 program today, here is what my workout looked like:

squats 5x5 135lbs
    bench 5x5 95lbs
    bb rows 5x5 95lbs

here are my goals by the end of this 12 week program

squats 310lbs
    bench 210lbs
    bbrows 210lbs
    overhead press 125lbs
    deadslifts 245lbs

all for 5x5

Originally Posted by brentbonifasold View Post
    i started stronglifts 5x5 program today, here is what my workout looked like:

squats 5x5 135lbs
    bench 5x5 95lbs
    bb rows 5x5 95lbs

here are my goals by the end of this 12 week program

squats 310lbs
    bench 210lbs
    bbrows 210lbs
    overhead press 125lbs
    deadslifts 245lbs

all for 5x5
    It's good to see you back on the boards man.

Do you have a link for the stronglifts program? I'd like to take a look at it.

no lifting today but i will do 30 mins of SS cardio.

by the way, im just doing a standard low carb diet, nothing special but i have lost 7lbs these last 2 weeks so im pretty happy with that

weight today was 212.4lbs

here is todays workout

squats 140lbs 5x5
    overhead press 70lbs 5x5
    deadlifts 135lbs 5x5

Thanks for the link the other day. I think I'm going to look into 5x5 at the end of September....depending on my progress at that point.

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey bro!!! good to see ya back!!! I did have a question for ya

-running an anabolic diet(almost identical to keto)
    -doing two carb meals a week(typically wensday and sunday)
    -meals are usaully a can of pasta and i pint of ice cream
    -diets been going pretty sweet(-2.something bf!!!)

Here's the question, if I really want the carbs to give me the best recovery AND allow me to get back into fat burning mode as quick as possible, should I have the meal at the beginning of the day, end of the day, or doesn't matter?

Also, would there be any recovery benifit having the carbs the night before rest day?

Or, would that just mean longer to get back into fat burning mode?
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Originally Posted by Cowmustard View Post
    hey bro!!! good to see ya back!!! I did have a question for ya

-running an anabolic diet(almost identical to keto)
    -doing two carb meals a week(typically wensday and sunday)
    -meals are usaully a can of pasta and i pint of ice cream
    -diets been going pretty sweet(-2.something bf!!!)

Here's the question, if I really want the carbs to give me the best recovery AND allow me to get back into fat burning mode as quick as possible, should I have the meal at the beginning of the day, end of the day, or doesn't matter?

Also, would there be any recovery benifit having the carbs the night before rest day?

Or, would that just mean longer to get back into fat burning mode?
    have your carb meal for your last meal of the day on wednesday and saturday and it doesnt matter if its the day before a rest day

wow, i have completely blown my diet that last few days, but tomorrow im starting the bodyopus diet, i will post macros and workout tomorrow
    Last edited by brentbonifasold; 07-29-2012 at 02:32 PM.

RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippedFuture is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow, what a roller coaster this log was. Read it all tonight. haha.

Great stuff though. I was surprised it seems you went from 160s then all of a sudden 210, haha. But it's an ongoing journey and one day we shall find our stride that maintains the look we want , it's hard work but worth it.

Right now I am taking that journey. What are you at right now? I currently have a log as well and basically doing low carb 6 days and a big carb up sunday.

Subbed!
    Intermittent Fasting FTW!

started bodyopus sunday at 330pm, gonna go carbless until friday at about 1pm the do my grand depletion workout but here is my macros

160g fat
    0g carbs
    160g protein

today im doing legs bis and tris

squats 2x12 2x6-8
    db still leg deads 1x12 2x6-8
    standing calf raises 1x6-8
    bb curls 1x12 2x6-9
    french press 1x12 2x6-8