Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

best times to take protein??

what the best times to take protein and how many times a day should you take it??should you take the same amount of shakes on your off days aswel??thanks

wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000) wygdwicfy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dano15w View Post
    what the best times to take protein and how many times a day should you take it??should you take the same amount of shakes on your off days aswel??thanks
    Best time to take whey- Immediatly after workout.

Best time for Caesin (proly spelled it wrong)- Right before bed.

And honestly, i often dont take protein on my off days :P
    Need a bit of change for sups? This is what I use, and its totally legit.
    http://www.cashcrate.com/2476533
    The story of my life, a must read:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=635736623#post635736623
    Pm me if you have any questions/concerns or need advice about drugs or depression.
    1K+
    Reps for life: Strength.Honor, N4J4R, Spiderman997
    Lifetime goals. B: 545, S: 700ATG D:850. Haters gonna hate, but I WILL accomplish them.

What are side effects? ThanksIKnow's Avatar
    ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThanksIKnow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I usually only drink shakes post workout and try to get my protein from other sources

but morning is good, whey protein is quickly absorbed, and when you wake up it is what youd want. but for me i eat dem eggs
    So if i pick this weight up, then put it down. I will obtain the swole?

CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wygdwicfy View Post

Maaaaad broscience.

Originally Posted by ThanksIKnow View Post
    I usually only drink shakes post workout and try to get my protein from other sources

but morning is good, whey protein is quickly absorbed, and when you wake up it is what youd want. but for me i eat dem eggs
    This here. You can drink it anytime you like, but I like drinking it first thing when I wake up while I'm cooking breakfast.

xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xStriker7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wygdwicfy View Post

no wonder why you look like ****...

Whey about 30 minutes Post Workout.
    Casein anytime you need a slow digesting protein.
    Off days, split evenly all day long while you're growing.
    "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

2k+

dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dano15w has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by xStriker7 View Post

i workout 5 time a week so i was thinking 1 in the morning mixed with creatine then 1 after workout with creatine.and that 5 times a week then on my non-trainig days i was thinkin 1 in the morning and 1 before bed??does that make sense?thanks

thomasxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasxc will become famous soon enough. (+50) thomasxc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I start drinking whey 15-30 minutes after workout.
    ▪█───────█▪

BENCH: 115X3
    SQUAT: 210X3
    DEADLIFT: 260X3
    @115lbs

pearldrumguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pearldrumguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pearldrumguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pearldrumguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pearldrumguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pearldrumguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pearldrumguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pearldrumguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pearldrumguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pearldrumguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pearldrumguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    for a while on top of 4-5 meals a day i took four shakes day. Got good results. Just space it out. If you eat a good meal, wait about an hour before the shake. Its good to take in the morning and after workouts. What i do myself if drink them when i cant get food and i try to not go more then 3-4 hours without eating

TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    1 scoop whey with breakfast

2 scoop whey straight after workout

1 scoop casein before bed

CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xStriker7 View Post

i workout 5 time a week so i was thinking 1 in the morning mixed with creatine then 1 after workout with creatine.and that 5 times a week then on my non-trainig days i was thinkin 1 in the morning and 1 before bed??does that make sense?thanks
    Originally Posted by TomBerry View Post
    1 scoop whey with breakfast

2 scoop whey straight after workout

1 scoop casein before bed
    There's no reason you have to be downing shakes immediately post workout. And CERTAINLY no reason to be wasting TWO scoops..

That's also too much creatine OP. Once you are saturated you can easily hold saturation at <5g per day.

TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TomBerry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    dumbest comment i've read today

Registered User stoli6046316565's Avatar
    stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    humor me, or not. just clarifying..

Originally Posted by CajunPballer View Post
    Maaaaad broscience.

This here. You can drink it anytime you like, but I like drinking it first thing when I wake up while I'm cooking breakfast.

why is post workout whey broscience? I get that you don't NEED whey post workout but I do get the impression you NEED carbs/protein in some form, little as meal timing matters post workout is the one I usually consider credible.

There's no reason you have to be downing shakes immediately post workout. And CERTAINLY no reason to be wasting TWO scoops..
    whats wrong with 2 scoops? I mean, if it's 50g+ of protein sure you don't need it, but why is it a problem? I thought the 20g limit on protein digestion was broscience.. so 2 scoops would be fine, especially if it helps you reach macros?

That's also too much creatine OP. Once you are saturated you can easily hold saturation at <5g per day.

Yea, I agree, but I still think he's got the right idea taking it pre and post workout. Lots of meats like steak have creatine, right, so <2.5g pre and <2.5g post with whey seems ideal to me if you can't get a streak/lean source of protein after your workout.

winjones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) winjones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) winjones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) winjones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) winjones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) winjones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) winjones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) winjones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) winjones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) winjones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) winjones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

this... there's a lot of bro science in this thread OP

have some simple carbs after your workout... followed by protein

Originally Posted by stoli604 View Post

why is post workout whey broscience? I get that you don't NEED whey post workout but I do get the impression you NEED carbs/protein in some form, little as meal timing matters post workout is the one I usually consider credible.

whats wrong with 2 scoops? I mean, if it's 50g+ of protein sure you don't need it, but why is it a problem? I thought the 20g limit on protein digestion was broscience.. so 2 scoops would be fine, especially if it helps you reach macros?
    Of course your body needs protien/carbs...

But there is no way your body will absorb 50 grams of whey protein in one sitting (this applies to most of us)... you can take it if you want... but you'll just be wasting your money.

Just spread it throughout the day. OR take some of it pre workout... and than some post.

It's better to to just have simple carbs after a workout than follow that with your protein.

dumbest comment i've read today
    GTFO. Every post I've ever read made by you has been dumb or loaded with broscience.

humor me, or not. just clarifying..

Yea, I agree, but I still think he's got the right idea taking it pre and post workout. Lots of meats like steak have creatine, right, so <2.5g pre and <2.5g post with whey seems ideal to me if you can't get a streak/lean source of protein after your workout.
    Because the "anabolic window" is actually many hours 12, 24, even 48 hours post exercise can still have elevated protein synthesis. Nutrient timing is only somewhat important, and that is not post workout. PRE workout nutrients and nutrient timing is FAR more important than post workout.

Regarding the above post, I appreciate the back up, but the simple carbs thing is broscience as well. The need for "fast digesting" carbs is only important if you were lifting in a fasted state, such as in the morning before breakfast, or if you are a marathon runner or endurance athlete of some form. Weight training does not come even close to draining intramuscular glycogen.

y u mad brah

Registered User stoli6046316565's Avatar
    stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stoli6046316565 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by winjones View Post
    Of course your body needs protien/carbs...

But there is no way your body will absorb 50 grams of whey protein in one sitting (this applies to most of us)... you can take it if you want... but you'll just be wasting your money.

Just spread it throughout the day. OR take some of it pre workout... and than some post.

It's better to to just have simple carbs after a workout than follow that with your protein.
    Hmm, I do only take one scoop post, but I always had the impression the "absorb in one sitting" argument was broscience itself.. it's not like the whey is ejected after 20 minutes, it just sits in your stomach digesting..

Because the "anabolic window" is actually many hours 12, 24, even 48 hours post exercise can still have elevated protein synthesis. Nutrient timing is only somewhat important, and that is not post workout. PRE workout nutrients and nutrient timing is FAR more important than post workout.

thanks, i've always dislike eating before physical activity, but that's changed dramatically in the past few months since I've read stuff like this, so good to know something i'm doing isn't arbitrary.. also, the fact that I forgot to bring a postworkout whey this morning is now trivial, because I can get food at my convenience at some point after lifting to the same effect, great.

bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    throughout the day.

I take some before my workout and some after. And usually take a scoop be4 bed

Hmm, I do only take one scoop post, but I always had the impression the "absorb in one sitting" argument was broscience itself.. it's not like the whey is ejected after 20 minutes, it just sits in your stomach digesting..

thanks, i've always dislike eating before physical activity, but that's changed dramatically in the past few months since I've read stuff like this, so good to know something i'm doing isn't arbitrary.. also, the fact that I forgot to bring a postworkout whey this morning is now trivial, because I can get food at my convenience at some point after lifting to the same effect, great.

It's true that whey is not "ejected after 20 minutes" and depending on what else is in your stomach or what else you took the whey with it can take a few hours to fully digest. That being said there isn't an infinite amount of protein your body can utilize at one time. If you "overload" your body with protein that it has no need for, the protein will be used for energy by being converted to carbohydrates, and in the end, fat.

By PREworkout I mean 1.5-1 hour(s) before.

that was my loading phase im planning on doing for a week then ill be cuttting back to 10gs a day with my protein?

GTFO. Every post I've ever read made by you has been dumb or loaded with broscience.

Regarding the above post, I appreciate the back up, but the simple carbs thing is broscience as well. The need for "fast digesting" carbs is only important if you were lifting in a fasted state, such as in the morning before breakfast, or if you are a marathon runner or endurance athlete of some form. Weight training does not come even close to draining intramuscular glycogen.

if the label says 2-3 scoops per serving would that not mean im meant to be taking 4-6 scoops in a day if i was to take it in the morning and after a workout??from your experience do you i think its better off to be having 1 scoop in the morning another 1 after my workout and 1 more just before bed??im getting way to confused with all this disputing so i said to myself whoever is the biggest im going to use there advice!!thanks man

majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50) majortak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    @Cajunbballer

WHILE you're cooking breakfast? WTF how much do you eat in the morning?
    Goal from when i start training - Jan 2011 onwards¬

16 YO - 6'1- 200lbs - 13% BF.

I gots 2 years.

Check out my log please :)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130469983

FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Take it whenever you want. It's just food; not like it's magic or anything.
    550/385/655, 285 overhead press, 330 push jerk, 250 weighted dip, 190 weighted pull-up, 413.8 max weighted pull-up, 450 front squat, 365 RFESS, 305 x 2 log press, 400 (per arm) farmer's carry, 370 atlas stone, 31 pull-ups at 247.

www.youtube.com/user/JoeyTheMilitant/videos
    Next competition date(s): November 9th & 10th, 2019.
    Instagram: @hiphopstrongman_reloaded

10g creatines still to much brah

Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's true that whey is not "ejected after 20 minutes" and depending on what else is in your stomach or what else you took the whey with it can take a few hours to fully digest. That being said there isn't an infinite amount of protein your body can utilize at one time. If you "overload" your body with protein that it has no need for, the protein will be used for energy by being converted to carbohydrates, and in the end, fat.

By PREworkout I mean 1.5-1 hour(s) before.

And how does this support your original statement (that 2 scoops protein is a "waste")? Lol surely you don't think that 2 scoops (avg. 24g protein per scoop) is an "overload"?

Overloading will only occur if (as you mentioned) you consume more protein than the body needs during the day. And even for the average sedentary non-weightlifter, 2 scoops of protein is not considered an overload.

Drinking 2 scoops of protein is perfectly fine and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

if the label says 2-3 scoops per serving would that not mean im meant to be taking 4-6 scoops in a day if i was to take it in the morning and after a workout??from your experience do you i think its better off to be having 1 scoop in the morning another 1 after my workout and 1 more just before bed??im getting way to confused with all this disputing so i said to myself whoever is the biggest im going to use there advice!!thanks man
    We need more input from you before we can give a clear answer.

How much protein is in a single scoop?
    How much protein do you aim for in a day?

As for the timing of the protein shakes, morning and pre-workout are the best choices.

Originally Posted by majortak View Post
    @Cajunbballer

Weight gainer shake, 6 eggs, bowl of oats, banana, glass of milk.
    Pretty standard bulking breakfast.
    "Success rests not only on ability, but upon commitment, loyalty, and pride."
    - Vince Lombardi

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    - Socrates

LaneCraig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you should look at it not as much how many servings but how many grams you're taking in. unless you're freakishly huge about 20-30g of protein per shake will be plenty. you just cant process more effeciently and it will be a waste. so if your serving's three scoops and there is 60 grams of protein per serving you only need to take one or 1.5 scoops in your shake.

60 grams would just be a waste and gets you to spend more money. a larger number of grams per serving is just a marketing scheme for companies to get people to think more protein per serving is better, not necessarily true.

I'd say just spread out your meals evenly (one of my meal's timing just happens to be close to post workout so i drink a shake) so you've got protein in your system pretty consistently

Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LaneCraig View Post
    you should look at it not as much how many servings but how many grams you're taking in. unless you're freakishly huge about 20-30g of protein per shake will be plenty. you just cant process more effeciently and it will be a waste. so if your serving's three scoops and there is 60 grams of protein per serving you only need to take one or 1.5 scoops in your shake.
    False.
    Your body WILL use the protein that you drink.
    Your body does not utilize 30g of protein, then look at the rest of the protein sitting in your gut and say "well I'm too lazy to use this for later, so imma just sh!t this out".

60 grams would just be a waste and gets you to spend more money. a larger number of grams per serving is just a marketing scheme for companies to get people to think more protein per serving is better, not necessarily true.
    Yes the companies want you to drink more, because that gets them more money in the long run.
    But wrong that 60g of protein would be a waste.

I'd say just spread out your meals evenly (one of my meal's timing just happens to be close to post workout so i drink a shake) so you've got protein in your system pretty consistently
    Can't really say this is wrong or right. There are valid arguments for both points.
    Nothing wrong with spreading out your protein intake, but it's also not very necessary.
    - Vince Lombardi

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    - Socrates

True, the body only needs about 5g of creatine a day.
    However you are incorrect in thinking that this will be accomplished from only 1 single scoop of 5g creatine.

Not all of that creatine that you drink with your shakes is fully digested. In fact Will Brink suggests that in the typical weightlifters protein/creatine/whatever shake, only about half of it (the creatine) will be fully digested.
    So ideally, if you are trying to get 5g of creatine, you will need more than a single 5g scoop
    - Vince Lombardi

- Socrates

Like Bon said, we need more info. I don't know what a "scoop" of your protein is..

Originally Posted by majortak View Post
    @Cajunbballer

Answered below.

Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    And how does this support your original statement (that 2 scoops protein is a "waste")? Lol surely you don't think that 2 scoops (avg. 24g protein per scoop) is an "overload"?

Overloading will only occur if (as you mentioned) you consume more protein than the body needs during the day. And even for the average sedentary non-weightlifter, 2 scoops of protein is not considered an overload.

Drinking 2 scoops of protein is perfectly fine and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

As for the timing of the protein shakes, morning and pre-workout are the best choices.

Agreed with bold. Sometimes I substitute the oats for hashbrowns, and instead of a weight gainer I just drink whey, and I usually have a sausage patty as well.

Regarding the first part, no I do not think that 50-60g is an "overload" but as everyone always says, it's far better to get your protein from whole food sources, not whey. He said he was drinking 4 scoops a day. So on average that's 96-120g from whey alone. Which is unnecessary.

True, the body only needs about 5g of creatine a day.
    However you are incorrect in thinking that this will be accomplished from only 1 single scoop of 5g creatine.

Not all of that creatine that you drink with your shakes is fully digested. In fact Will Brink suggests that in the typical weightlifters protein/creatine/whatever shake, only about half of it (the creatine) will be fully digested.
    So ideally, if you are trying to get 5g of creatine, you will need more than a single 5g scoop
    There is new science that suggests you don't need 5g per day to maintain optimum creatine levels. A few of the guys in the supplement section are strong supporters of this. I forgot his name so I can't find the article he posted but it clearly said 5g ED is not needed. You can even go a few days with 0g regularly (such as non training days).

10g creatines still to much brah
    yeh i thought that to but it seems that most people on this take 10g

We need more input from you before we can give a clear answer.

How much protein is in a single scoop?
    How much protein do you aim for in a day?

the protein is ON whey 24 grams of protein and im 179lb