Reidak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidak will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reidak will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Selectech 1090's $400 canada

Wanted to know if at this price they are worth going for. I'm Canadian so it's really hard to find ironmasters or powerblocks. I've currently 5-50lb Hex dumbbells with a rack, and I've gotten offered $300 a few times but I'm holding out for 375 so it's a cheap swap for me.

Thanks everyone.

Ps it's $450 with the stand

Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gazi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Reidak View Post
    Wanted to know if at this price they are worth going for. I'm Canadian so it's really hard to find ironmasters or powerblocks. I've currently 5-50lb Hex dumbbells with a rack, and I've gotten offered $300 a few times but I'm holding out for 375 so it's a cheap swap for me.

Thanks everyone.

Ps it's $450 with the stand
    I have no experience with Selectechs but the majority of people around here seem to agree that they're a waste of money. What's the point of saving a few hundred bucks if the dumbbells you compromised for end up being crappy, unsafe and need to be replaced a couple years down the line?

What part of Canada are you in? You may be closer to Ironmaster than you think, they're located in Washington state.

If I were in your shoes I would either hold onto you current dumbbell set and purchase heavier increments, or keep looking for IM or PB dumbbells.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    sectech dumbells are horiibble from the demo ones I've seen in stores. I've yet to find a proper working set in a store, and those aren't even used barely.

by the way, whereabouts in Canada are you?

RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000)
    I owned the 52.5 lb. Selecttech dumbbells a couple years back. Awful design. They're made of plastic and the plates rattle like a haunted house. I stopped using them when a weight plate fell from the "locked" dumbbell onto my toe one afternoon. Dangerous piece of garbage. I imagine the 90 lb ones would inflict even more damage on feet worldwide.

If you have a friend in the states who's relatively close it might be worthwhile to get a set of powerblocks or ironmasters shipped there and pick them up during a visit.

echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) echase5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Heck, get some spinlocks. Bowflex makes their advertising budget by cutting corners on manufacturing and design.