Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Exclamation A Good Wrist Roller

Can never get my forearms sore so i'm looking into wrist roller, anyone know of a really effective one?

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just got a Side Winder Pro.

It works awesome. In fact it almost works too well, and you get a complete forearm work out in 2 - 3 minutes.

http://www.sportgrips.com/productlineup.htm

916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000) 916stang is just really nice. (+1000)
    a lot of good ones out there. mine broke when i took it to 40lbs but i fixed it with adding a big bolt. also try holding 50-100 dumbbells with a shirt wrapped around it for grip training.
    Progress=Lifting Heavier

"the closer you are to failure, the closer you are to victory, it all depends on how closely you walk the line"

StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by 916stang View Post
    a lot of good ones out there. mine broke when i took it to 40lbs but i fixed it with adding a big bolt. also try holding 50-100 dumbbells with a shirt wrapped around it for grip training.
    Good exercise, but if you want to add more grip and forearm muscle activation I suggest the grip4orce grips, might want to start with the regular version and work your strength up to grip4orce stiff version. Also great to be added with arm day

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Soreness is not an indication of a good workout. If you want them sore bang them with a hammer. If you want to make them grow just make sure they are used either in isolation or with the compound exercises your program calls for.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i made DIY wrist roller for under $5. i opted for 2" pvc to make the exercise more difficult. it's such a simple piece of equipment, i can't think of a reason not to make your own.

all you need:

hose clamp
    pvc or wooden dowel
    rope

used the scrap pieces to make a fat handle & straight bar for my cable machine.
    512 Austin TX crew

krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CajunBrah View Post
    i made DIY wrist roller for under $5. i opted for 2" pvc to make the exercise more difficult. it's such a simple piece of equipment, i can't think of a reason not to make your own.

all you need:

hose clamp
    pvc or wooden dowel
    rope

the hose clamp is genius.. I've been putting making one of these off for so long, and I've wondered the easiest way to keep the rope from free-spinning.
    Getting swole, one day at a time.

Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah I'm not sure if I'm going to make one or not yet. But it looks very simple...

mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mroc17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Norsewarrior View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure if I'm going to make one or not yet. But it looks very simple...
    It is very simple. Mine is a made a little different than CajunBrah's, but the premise is the same. You can also use an eye bolt with a large washer/nut.

CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CajunBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if you want to get a little fancier with the design, you could easily do so. if you want it to coil more smoothly, use a strong ribbon instead of rope. REI and Whole Earth Provision sell rock climbing material that looks similar to this. cut out small slits into the pvc to pass the ribbon through & glue down with a strong adhesive (gorilla glue/JB weld). then glue down some washers on both sides to make a guide for the ribbon. finally fasten a buckle to the end to hold your weights.

costs of materials:
    $7-8 assuming you don't have the glue already

or you could just buy one for $30-50. personally i rather make it and save some coin.
    512 Austin TX crew

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by CajunBrah View Post

all you need:

hose clamp
    pvc or wooden dowel
    rope

That's what I've always seen used....PVC or a thick broom/shovel handle...
    Not much to it and VERY easy to make. No need to pay lots of money for something like that.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I made a pretty simple version in college at one point.

1 x 18"-24" wood Dowel (pick your diameter, thicker the better for this type of exercise)
    1 x length of rope
    1 x weight plate

Drill a hole in the center of the dowel, thread rope through and tie a good knot. Tie other end to weight plate and start rolling. Add grip tape to handle if desired.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." — Mark Twain

Big Shiny Bastard vikingsrule92's Avatar
    vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Most people are so misguided when it comes to using wrist rollers so I will set you guys straight. In order to get the best possible workout from one it MUST BE MOUNTED! You can do this one of two ways, use the end of a barbell by putting a piece of 2" ID PVC over it that has a hole through it for the wrist roller, or you could buy a nice one with welded ends like this http://fatbastardbarbellco.com/WRISTROLLERS.html You just need a 1" pipe to slide it over and a loading pin to fasten it to you have a mounted wrist roller which you can use over 100 pounds on instead of 5-20. This is a decent amount more expensive but it is also a thousand times more effective. Take it from someone who knows a bit about grip.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by vikingsrule92 View Post
    but it is also a thousand times more effective.
    Why is it more effective?
    And why couldn't you just "rest" your forearms against your thighs (while seated) for the same effect?

Not looking to argue, just want to understand rather than just go with it because someone who has basically said "trust me"...

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) StrongHarris is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Most people are so misguided when it comes to using wrist rollers so I will set you guys straight. In order to get the best possible workout from one it MUST BE MOUNTED! You can do this one of two ways, use the end of a barbell by putting a piece of 2" ID PVC over it that has a hole through it for the wrist roller, or you could buy a nice one with welded ends like this http://fatbastardbarbellco.com/WRISTROLLERS.html You just need a 1" pipe to slide it over and a loading pin to fasten it to you have a mounted wrist roller which you can use over 100 pounds on instead of 5-20. This is a decent amount more expensive but it is also a thousand times more effective. Take it from someone who knows a bit about grip.
    Well said man, I use a power rack with the bar set at shoulder level. I take a medium band and wrap one end around the 2" sleeve on the end of the bar and use the other end of the band for weighted plates. This is awesome for the wrist and forearms also takes a lot of pressure of the shoulders. One thing to remember is to balance out the forearms working the flexors and extensors evenly for muscle balance.

Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    Why is it more effective?
    And why couldn't you just "rest" your forearms against your thighs (while seated) for the same effect?

Not looking to argue, just want to understand rather than just go with it because someone who has basically said "trust me"...
    Takes pressure of the anterior deltoid and allows for greater concentration + increased activation to the forearm and wrist. I use this exercise 2x week, only 1 set- up and down for 3min. straight. Burns like crazy!!!

Originally Posted by StrongHarris View Post
    Takes pressure of the anterior deltoid and allows for greater concentration + increased activation to the forearm and wrist. I use this exercise 2x week, only 1 set- up and down for 3min. straight. Burns like crazy!!!
    Resting your forearms on a bench, knees, work bench would take pressure off your delts as well - with out it being mounted to something.

Now, if you were to say "because you can't hold 100lbs and you're using the mounting point to hold the weight while you're only focusing on the actual movement"....that would make sense.

Still don't think it's a "must" (opinion), but like I said that would make more sense.

Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    Resting your forearms on a bench, knees, work bench would take pressure off your delts as well - with out it being mounted to something.

Now, if you were to say "because you can't hold 100lbs and you're using the mounting point to hold the weight while you're only focusing on the actual movement"....that would make sense.

Still don't think it's a "must" (opinion), but like I said that would make more sense.
    Standing position works the flexors of the forearms in a pronated position and the sitting exercise works the forearm flexors in a supinated position.

I like to add both, mixing it up as much as possible is the key...

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Standing position works the flexors of the forearms in a pronated position and the sitting exercise works the forearm flexors in a supinated position.

I don't get it.

How does my legs influence the training my forearms are receiving?

Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    I don't get it.

How does my legs influence the training my forearms are receiving?
    ^^^
    Not only this, but what you explained to me about seated and standing had little to nothing to do with what I was asking or what I said....

Big Shiny Bastard vikingsrule92's Avatar
    vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsrule92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Having it mounted isolates the wrist tendons and allows for a fuller ROM.

RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just ordered a Sidewinder, level 3, which makes the resistance spring capable of nearly 400 pounds of force. They also claim the tension is adjustable, making it great for beginning and advanced grip trainers. I'm not totally sure how that works or how the spring is set, but you could do the same sort of isolation work on a preacher pad or just off a flat bench. I think it'll be a good buy since it's self-contained and very portable.

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Exclamation

Most people are so misguided when it comes to using wrist rollers so I will set you guys straight. In order to get the best possible workout from one it MUST BE MOUNTED!
    And when you say mounted, you mean SUPPORTED. There are two types: unsupported and supported - with the supported kind, you can really tack on the weight and murder your forearms and wrists.

You can do this one of two ways, use the end of a barbell by putting a piece of 2" ID PVC over it that has a hole through it for the wrist roller, or you could buy a nice one with welded ends
    I choose to buy mine, since I can't weld worth s**t. But if you can make your own, hey... more power to ya. I got mine from New York Barbells; here's the link:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/0140.html

The guy in the pic is sitting, but if you decide to put a lot of weight on it like I did, you almost haffta stand, since you are throwing your BW into the movement. I was doing over 200 pounds on mine, both over and underhand stuff.

This is a decent amount more expensive but it is also a thousand times more effective. Take it from someone who knows a bit about grip.
    Job well done!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Originally Posted by RBLOCK View Post
    I just ordered a Sidewinder, level 3, which makes the resistance spring capable of nearly 400 pounds of force. They also claim the tension is adjustable, making it great for beginning and advanced grip trainers. I'm not totally sure how that works or how the spring is set, but you could do the same sort of isolation work on a preacher pad or just off a flat bench. I think it'll be a good buy since it's self-contained and very portable.
    It doesn't have a spring. It works on friction, and you need to work both directions to use it, which makes it very effective.

It's very easy to adjust, you just turn a single knob.

I'm sure you'll be happy with the quality of the product, and amazed at the effectiveness and effiency of the workout.

I'm very satisfied with mine.

RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000) RBLOCK is just really nice. (+1000)
    It doesn't have a spring. It works on friction, and you need to work both directions to use it, which makes it very effective.

It's very easy to adjust, you just turn a single knob.

I'm sure you'll be happy with the quality of the product, and amazed at the effectiveness and effiency of the workout.

I'm very satisfied with mine.
    Just arrived today. This thing is AWESOME. Highly recommended. Apparently there is a spring, which increases the friction between sides when compressed...the manual says to loosen the adjusting knob completely after workouts to keep the tensile force at spec. I'm still at a loss as to how a spring increases friction within the thing, but whatever works.

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you know the pounds of force of the level 1 (sportster) and level 2 (pro) ? Couldn't find it on the website...

The "comprehensive review" pdf says the level 3 (pro xtreme) tension spring spec is 380lbs.

I haven't been able to find out...all of the press seems to be for the pro-extreme. I'd suggest just getting that one; I've been using it today and it's fully adjustable (the low tension is really manageable, and the high tension nigh impossible). That way you can work your way up. It also is of a fat bar thickness whereas levels 1 and 2 are thinner and won't be as effective for training grip imo.

staciamarye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i do wrist workouts often and my wrists have been really starting to hurt, what should i do?

Just arrived today. This thing is AWESOME. Highly recommended. Apparently there is a spring, which increases the friction between sides when compressed...the manual says to loosen the adjusting knob completely after workouts to keep the tensile force at spec. I'm still at a loss as to how a spring increases friction within the thing, but whatever works.
    Sorry, my post was ambiguous and/or inaccurate. Yes, the device does contain a spring. What I meant though was that you don't train your grip/forearms by working against the spring. The resistance is provided by friction, not spring tension.

I agree that the device is AWESOME.

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking Hey, I really like this!

I just got a Side Winder Pro.

It works awesome. In fact it almost works too well, and you get a complete forearm work out in 2 - 3 minutes.
    I'm glad you posted a link to this, since I went there and I might just end up ordering one!

What I like about it is it's compactness; stick it in your gym bag or coat pocket and you can have a quickie wrist workout just about anywhere! You couldn't do that with the rig I described. With this thing, no weights, no muss and no fuss - just pure resistance! Brilliant!!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.