DonPrestige has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just can't tell what I look like.............?

Hi All,

Just a quick bit of detail.

I've always played and been good at sports and so never really realised as a teen I was putting on fat as I was always competitive as an athlete. Over the past 4 years I've done much less sport but started lifting at the gym (on and off) and always saw myself as the chubby guy with loads of muscle underneath. I find it easier than others to put on muscle but because of lact of focus on nutrition I always maintained a relatively rotund appearance, lol.

So early 2009 after moving to live in a new country I put on a lot of weight and so in Dec 2009 decided that I needed to get really serious. However, I believed that lifting was holding me back as I would always build solid muscle but lacked focus on losing fat. So pretty much from Dec 2009 to Aug 2009 I went on my first proper cut (interrupted in March by a large weight gain due to a 1 month party vacation. I like partying, haha). Consisted of 1 hour fairly intense cardio 5 - 6 times a week.

Since Oct 2009 I've reintroduced the lifting because while I looked and felt better, considering how light I was on the scale my body didn't look like what I thought it would. This is what I belive the route of my problems have been. I find that I am awful at judging what I really look like. Friends and family can't believe how much weight I have lost but I still think I'm fat and so ignore their comments. But recently litle things have happened which have made me take notice.

1. I've gone from being called Fatboy/Tittyman to Mr Slim/Twig (all in fun of course)
    2. People can't believe how little I weigh and guys I see as skinny (but toned) weigh more than me even though in my head I think I'm bigger (fat wise and muscle wise)
    3. Recently I upped my calories from 1600/1650 after plateau and start of lifting again to 1800/2000 and was still losng weight.
    4. I have some loose skin like others particularly around the mid section and maybe this is messing with my mind

Apologies as this hasn't been such a quick recap. What I'm basically trying to say is as I can't tell what I look like and I dont respect the opinions of people around me. Can you guys with experience help critique my goals. BF%, should I bulk/cut, have I made decent progress. More importantly am I too skinny and need to add mass before cutting again.

Pics below are the progress up to 3 weeks ago. Had a couple of weeks off due to bday/vacation so will cut vacation weight over next two weeks and hopefully do a clean bulk in the New Year.

This forum has been a great help so hopefully you guys can give me some solid advice.

http://img718.imageshack.us/i/june2009.jpg/
    http://img560.imageshack.us/i/mar2010.jpg/
    http://img440.imageshack.us/i/front1ec.jpg/
    http://img31.imageshack.us/i/front3ht.jpg/
    http://img577.imageshack.us/i/front4.jpg/
    http://img706.imageshack.us/i/back1q.jpg/
    http://img72.imageshack.us/i/back2r.jpg/
    Last edited by DonPrestige; 12-13-2010 at 12:59 PM.

OK, I know it was a bit of long thread but I got carried away and then didn't really check it over so I'm sure its a little difficult to read.

Basically am I fat or skinny? Should I clean bulk as planned in the New Year or continue cutting and what do you think my BF% is, lol.

DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DJK1221 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DonPrestige View Post
    OK, I know it was a bit of long thread but I got carried away and then didn't really check it over so I'm sure its a little difficult to read.

Basically am I fat or skinny? Should I clean bulk as planned in the New Year or continue cutting and what do you think my BF% is, lol.
    I would definitley clean bulk if I were you....looking good though back looks real wide

snp1686 is a name known to all. (+5000) snp1686 is a name known to all. (+5000) snp1686 is a name known to all. (+5000) snp1686 is a name known to all. (+5000) snp1686 is a name known to all. (+5000) snp1686 is a name known to all. (+5000) snp1686 is a name known to all. (+5000) snp1686 is a name known to all. (+5000) snp1686 is a name known to all. (+5000) snp1686 is a name known to all. (+5000) snp1686 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bulk until april, cut for summer

VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) VAnick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    5'8 145lbs is a little on the small side. You seem to hold your weight well, "looking" bigger than most at the same weight. Thank genetics for that.

However, I think you will be much more impressed and happy with yourself if you can manage to pack on a good 15lbs of muscle. At ~2lbs a month (modest), you are looking at a decent 6 month steady clean-bulk. So...I am suggesting you bulk. You have some mass (much more than a lot of "skinny" kids) but not quite enough to cut down to.

The added muscle mass will definitely change your image, both in how you view yourself and how others view you. As for body fat, you appear to be 14-16% BF but I'm not great at estimating.

Focus on eating enough, eating right, and slowly gaining weight. Time will do most of the transforming for you if you train and eat consistently. Don't be afraid of a little fat, once you are more muscular you will find it an easy task to shed.

Thanks guys for the advice. You've all been repped.

I guess ven though I still feel fat a clean bulk is definately what is needed otherwise I will just continue to lose more muscle and won't achieve the physique I want no matter how much fat I lose.

TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TrueBLOOD1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats on the progress so far - back looks good. I would definitely continue bulking for the next couple of months, then cut for the summer.

Originally Posted by TrueBLOOD1 View Post
    Congrats on the progress so far - back looks good. I would definitely continue bulking for the next couple of months, then cut for the summer.
    Thanks for the reply.

Repped!

turbodreams954 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbodreams954 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbodreams954 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbodreams954 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbodreams954 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbodreams954 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbodreams954 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbodreams954 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbodreams954 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbodreams954 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) turbodreams954 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    eat heavy but stay somewhat clean...keep bulking for sure. Then like said shred down for the summer. Good progress though.

goldenglovez is not very well liked. (-100) goldenglovez is not very well liked. (-100) goldenglovez is not very well liked. (-100) goldenglovez is not very well liked. (-100) goldenglovez is not very well liked. (-100) goldenglovez is not very well liked. (-100) goldenglovez is not very well liked. (-100) goldenglovez is not very well liked. (-100) goldenglovez is not very well liked. (-100) goldenglovez is not very well liked. (-100) goldenglovez is not very well liked. (-100)
    my neck hurts ... ur ****IN PICS ARE FUKIN SIDEWYS