Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Once more into the fray.. IrishPilot's Avatar
    IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Nike Free Run

Try a pair on. They are so incredibly natural and work fantastic for squats and deads. As close to barefoot as Ive found outside those goofy-ass vibrams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GYsltj9RQ0

Team Never Full
    Craft Beer Crew

JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sporto1633 View Post
    My vote is for the Vibram five finger shoes! I won't lift in anything else anymore!

Sporto
    Originally Posted by *STEVE* View Post
    IMO for squats or deads nothin beats vibrams KSO's.

Five fingers are great... IF and only IF your feet have perfect arches and no problems with pressure distribution... which is very, very rare. Biggest scam ever.

The best option is to spend the money with a podiatrist to get custom insoles and put them in whatever tennis shoes you like.

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JohnBrowne View Post
    Five fingers are great... IF and only IF your feet have perfect arches and no problems with pressure distribution... which is very, very rare. Biggest scam ever.

The best option is to spend the money with a podiatrist to get custom insoles and put them in whatever tennis shoes you like.
    I've struggled with plantar fasciitis for years. I couldn't imagine squatting in these type of five-toe shoes or just socks. Gotta have my orthotics in for deads, rows or squats.

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Nom Z View Post
    Nike Frees are horrible for squats/deadlifts.

Asics wrestling shoes for deadlifts. Oly shoes for squatting.
    gotta agree....someting flat, close to the ground and wit good traction for deadlifts, especially if you pull sumo, something with a bit of a heel and a flat sole for squats and conventional deads

*STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FemmeFatale28 View Post
    These shoes are so cute. Remind me of ape feet everytime I see them hahaha
    I get that all the time when I wear em at teh gym !!!

Then I must have very very rare feet cause they fit perfect and have made a huge difference in my deads , squats and leg press.

tennis shoes w/ insoles or not = not good for deadliftin.

Im sure any other flat soled shoe would have done the same but I like teh vibrams !!!

SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SUPER_MANLET has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

best gym shoes ever..

Otomix Singray boot
    Beast

DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000) DanTheManB is a name known to all. (+5000)

Then I must have very very rare feet cause they fit perfect and have made a huge difference in my deads , squats and leg press.

Im sure any other flat soled shoe would have done the same but I like teh vibrams !!!
    brb bare feet deadlifts

FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Risto sports for squatting back/front, it's all good!

They aren't great for deadlifting due to the heel, so just slip em off and go barefoot.
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144101461
    Best meet lifts: 424/303/551 (93kg)
    Best gym lifts: 420/290/565

BRB - Gettin' shredded FemmeFatale28's Avatar
    FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FrmrHoss View Post

They aren't great for deadlifting due to the heel, so just slip em off and go barefoot.
    First thought was "ew" lol Those are mad ugly. I understand its more practical perhaps and they arent intended for fashion but damn lol. The only shoes I have that I REALLY dont care what they look like are my running shoes, but thats cuz Im so damn fast you cant see them anyway hahah

TylerBrown88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TylerBrown88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TylerBrown88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TylerBrown88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TylerBrown88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TylerBrown88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TylerBrown88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TylerBrown88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TylerBrown88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TylerBrown88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TylerBrown88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

x2. I love the Vibram KSOs!
    "What you do in life echoes in eternity" - Maximus in "Gladiator"

http://tylerbrownfitness.com/

Training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129642433

devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mrusa85 View Post
    I've struggled with plantar fasciitis for years. I couldn't imagine squatting in these type of five-toe shoes or just socks. Gotta have my orthotics in for deads, rows or squats.
    This is where the vibrams are AWESOME

Often flat feet is a result of a tight plantar fascia, this decreases the medial longitudinal arch. When you go barefoot (walking or anything) you will end up extending your hallucis (big toe) this stretches out the plantar fascia over time and will give you back your arch and decrease naviular drop (pronation of the foot)

The extension of the big toe is why you won't find hyperpronated/flat feet in 3rd world countries because they don't have shoes. When you wear shoes the big toe cannot extend and stretch out the plantar fascia...so in developing countires they:
    1. Land on their mid/forefoot instead of the heel-toe landing that is common with shoes
    2. Extend big toe, stretching plantar fascia and increasing arch

If you have structurally flat feet (like me) then orthodics are all you can do, but most people have hyperpronated feet because of tight plantar fascia/decreased medial longitudinal arch

Cliffs-
    wear your vibrams
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111082701

"Whether you believe you can, or believe you can't, You're right."

devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devo09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ERRRRRR WRONG

Five fingers are best for people that have collapsed arches (as long as it's not from a structural problem)
    Most people hyperpronate and contact the ground Heel-toe, which you don't want. Walking barefoot (or in vibrams will correct this for most people).

Pretty much they can fix the muscle imbalances and stretch out the plantar fascia

I use orthotics because I have structurally flat feet.
    But if you don't have structurally flat feet...then using orthotics would be treating the symptom of flat feet/collapsed arch/hyperpronation/eversion/dorsiflexion rather than fixing the cause (usually tight plantar fascia)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111082701

"Whether you believe you can, or believe you can't, You're right."

FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First thought was "ew" lol Those are mad ugly. I understand its more practical perhaps and they arent intended for fashion but damn lol. The only shoes I have that I REALLY dont care what they look like are my running shoes, but thats cuz Im so damn fast you cant see them anyway hahah
    The picture's kind of unflattering because it is compressed a little horizontally, so it makes them look... boxier/trollier than they are I actually think they are pretty sweet shoes. But since they are so stiff, they'd be a pain in the ass to do anything with other than squat.

BRB - Gettin' shredded FemmeFatale28's Avatar
    FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The picture's kind of unflattering because it is compressed a little horizontally, so it makes them look... boxier/trollier than they are I actually think they are pretty sweet shoes. But since they are so stiff, they'd be a pain in the ass to do anything with other than squat.
    Well.. I guess if you are going to be a professional squatter Otherwise you would want something multi purpose

umustsacrifice will become famous soon enough. (+50) umustsacrifice will become famous soon enough. (+50) umustsacrifice will become famous soon enough. (+50) umustsacrifice will become famous soon enough. (+50) umustsacrifice will become famous soon enough. (+50) umustsacrifice will become famous soon enough. (+50) umustsacrifice will become famous soon enough. (+50) umustsacrifice will become famous soon enough. (+50) umustsacrifice will become famous soon enough. (+50) umustsacrifice will become famous soon enough. (+50) umustsacrifice will become famous soon enough. (+50)

even hard court shoes are good

i sguat in short tennis shoes the soles are flat and hard ...very sturdy feeling and no side to side roll

Well.. I guess if you are going to be a professional squatter Otherwise you would want something multi purpose
    Well the question was, what is the best shoe to squat in not, what is the best shoe to squat in, that also looks good, and I can do other stuff in....

(yes, i'm also ignoring the other half of the question, and the fact that they aren't great for deadlifting......)

Oh, and hai! long time no talk.

steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just bought some Converse Chuck Taylors after reading this forum. I always used my regular tennis shoes, but I'll see if there's any difference.

ETA: Wore them today and much better than my regular tennis shoes. FWIW.
    Last edited by steven1977; 12-21-2010 at 07:28 AM.

ehalps26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rsardinia View Post
    So I normally just train in cross trainers but I'm looking for something more flat soled for deadlifts and squats. I was wondering if anyone here uses a specific shoe for such lifts and if you also have bad experiences with any certain shoes. I figured the people in this section know what they are doing in the gym so they would know the right shoes too
    there's really four options as everyone said. chuck's, vibrams, barefooted, or wrestling shoes.

i am a HUGE fan of wearing wrestling shoes during training. i've been wearing asics split second sevens for about 6 months now and ill never go back to anything else. i used to wear UA's and wow was that a bad choice. I now only wear those for cardio.

Anyway, like someone said before, wrestling shoes keep you as low to the ground as possible with a nice base. you get a good grip on the floor and they are perfect for squats and deadlifts. you'll love them.

i got my pair for only 35 bucks and I'm def gonna make every cent worth it if I haven't done so already.

blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blayjin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Nike trainer 1" are great for training. Flat and wide sole have ample stability and support.
    I use them myself.

SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SDube52 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm a fan of the vibrams myself. I also use the asics thai chi, they have no sole what so ever and place you right on the ground. They also give you plenty of room for your toes to move around somewhat naturally.

CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What's wrong with regular trainers robbie?

I'm a big nike fan... For squats I prefer wearing these in this order:

-Nike Lunar Rejuven8 (SUPER comfortable, flat)http://www.overkillblog.com/6929/new...w-3-colorways/
    -Nike Lunar Kayoss (Flat, Real good support-- more solid)http://dunkman23sean.blogspot.com/20...ring-2010.html
    -Nike Free Run (Barefoot feeling, not much support at all)http://www.buyshoeshop.com/nike-free-c-102.html

All real good and real durable shoes though! (Not to mention the ladies love em')

nurburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nurburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nurburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nurburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nurburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nurburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nurburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nurburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nurburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nurburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) nurburg will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I got a pair of VS oly shoes a few months ago and I use them for everything in the weight room: http://www.werksanusa.com/prodinfo.asp?number=VS

Squats (front, back), deadlifts, overhead presses, bench press, everything. They're comfortable, stylish, and provide a solid stable connection with the floor.

BuffItalian will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffItalian will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffItalian will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffItalian will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffItalian will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffItalian will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffItalian will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffItalian will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffItalian will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffItalian will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffItalian will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone try a racing shoe for lifting? Just curious if they would be comparable to a wrestling shoe?

http://www.saferacer.com/g-force-gf2...productid=2202

DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DamianBlane is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Vibram Fivefingers, the black ones posted earlier. Foot soreness post squat/deadlift is something I never experienced prior to using these shoes. I feel I get more calf activation.

ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChickenandYams is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Squats - Adidas adiPOWER
    Deads - Puma speedcats

0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10) MDGCT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Rsardinia View Post
    So I normally just train in cross trainers but I'm looking for something more flat soled for deadlifts and squats. I was wondering if anyone here uses a specific shoe for such lifts and if you also have bad experiences with any certain shoes. I figured the people in this section know what they are doing in the gym so they would know the right shoes too
    I just tried squatting barefoot for the first time & felt more stable than ever before I'd say try it or go with any one of the foot outline rubber running ones.

Andrew_Quick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew_Quick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew_Quick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew_Quick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew_Quick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew_Quick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew_Quick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew_Quick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew_Quick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew_Quick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew_Quick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What about these? Would these be acceptable for squatting and deadlifting?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BHOHQUA/...=dradisplay-20

turb2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Converse or Dunlop .the Dunlops if your on a budgit £15 I paid £50 for the converse