IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How Many Calories Should I take In?

Hello, I wish I had pictures of me, but I am 5'7, 155 and have been working out for 5 months and have had great results, I lost 20 lbs and gained a lot more tone and 30+ lbs on my bench press. I was wondering, I'm going to estimate I'm around 14-17% BF, Right now I take around just under 2000 calories a day but over 140+ grams of protein daily, I want to lose some of this fat but not sacrifice my muscle gains, I work out 6 days a week, use ON Whey and ON Casein, how many calories do you guys think? Thanks.

Basically i'm asking how do I lose some fat but still gain muscle.

Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IIlustration View Post
    Basically i'm asking how do I lose some fat but still gain muscle.
    You dont.

Focus on one then focus on the other, attempting to do both is incredibly frusterating and takes patience/knowledge. Read the stickies and you will figure out how to calculate your caloric needs for yourself. Good luck.

IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IIlustration has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Z Gatrel View Post
    You dont.

Focus on one then focus on the other, attempting to do both is incredibly frusterating and takes patience/knowledge. Read the stickies and you will figure out how to calculate your caloric needs for yourself. Good luck.
    hmm, well, if I do Cut, it's still fine to take a lot of protein and work out a lot right?

I'm your huckleberry. TheGilmore's Avatar
    TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hmm, well, if I do Cut, it's still fine to take a lot of protein and work out a lot right?
    Definitely. Working out is going to keep your metabolism up. The extra protein is needed to keep your muscle loss minimal. You will lose a tad of muscle over the cut (depending on how many calories you cut) and you can expect some strength loss. But again, that protein will help. Just make sure you aren't losing too much too fast.
    “For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.”—1 Nephi 20:10

Hmm, thanks guys, but i'm trying to figure out of I should just Bulk, and how many calories do you think i'd have to cut? I really am new to this stuff haha. I love food by the way haha, I try to do under 1800 a day but...weekends arn't good because of booze and fast food...which i KNOW is bad

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hmm, thanks guys, but i'm trying to figure out of I should just Bulk, and how many calories do you think i'd have to cut? I really am new to this stuff haha. I love food by the way haha, I try to do under 1800 a day but...weekends arn't good because of booze and fast food...which i KNOW is bad
    Figure out your BMR http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

I never recommend that anyone feed below their BMR. Choose one goal at a time. If you want to build muscle, you are going to have to eat more and gain some weight. Or if you want to lean out first than do that. Its really just your preference but IMHO since you are 15, you still have some growing to do and I wouldn't worry about cutting calories unless you're real tubby already.

Registered User iversonmourning's Avatar
    iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iversonmourning has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    weekends arn't good because of booze and fast food...which i KNOW is bad
    Aren't you 15?? Booze, really???

Originally Posted by iversonmourning View Post
    Aren't you 15?? Booze, really???
    Yeah lol...most people around that age here do man =/

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pretty hard cutting and drinking, wasted calories
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321