Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Short_of_aus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Short_of_aus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Short_of_aus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Short_of_aus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Short_of_aus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Short_of_aus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Short_of_aus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Short_of_aus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Short_of_aus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Short_of_aus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Short_of_aus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Logged in after a looooong time just to rep you and say thankyou so much ive done this once and i literally feel the positive effects of the movement working already and i was in some real strife 3quarters done in my chest routine yesterday.
    Ⓜisc Ⓘs Ⓕamily

WNB should have negged me but mercy was shown.

"I do what I do, because I love it! plain point-blank simple" - RC

teacheronna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thank you

Originally Posted by Iceman1800 View Post
    yes
    I am so glad I discovered your posts. Thank you for the information and the video to show me. I have been hurt a long time. (Months) It's affecting my entire life. I can't teach in the classroom. Right now I am teaching online from home. I'm looking for ways to get myself well, so I can get back to life. This is my last hope.

I hope it works!

akeod99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akeod99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akeod99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akeod99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akeod99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akeod99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akeod99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akeod99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akeod99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akeod99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akeod99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Check out a D.O. I had impingement bad and decided to see one. A doctor of osteopathic. This dude specializes in osteopathic manipulative treatment. Effectively thinks surgery esp for shoulders is last resort and often counter-productive. Thinks body welcomes healing itself. He isn't a big fan of meds either. Ice, this type of treatment, and PT. Disclaimer, when they start manipulating connective tissue and fascia, it hurts...bad. Like, real bad. But you literally walk out with 3 times the range of motion you walked in with. They should give you at home PT to do and set you up with some follow ups to get you to the final product. Just something to toss out there. Be sure to research it on your own.

Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Excellent advice. I hurt my shoulder lifting when I was 21. I tried to work through it for 3-4 months but it continued to hurt more over time. The pain made training my upper body nearly impossible. I didn't have health insuarance at the time. I assumed something was torn. I took a few months off and came back with less pain but it quickly returned. I assumed I would be in pain forever. I went lighter on the weights, used caution and ate over the counter pain killers like Skittles for a couple years.

I met a doctor in at my gym. He approached me after watching me rub the front of my right shoulder. He told me he was a doctor. He checked my range of motion and quickly concluded I had impingement in my shoulder. He told me the key was to use light weight and concentrate on working my shoulders through a full range of movements. He was confident it would rehab my injury and restore my joint flexibility. He warned me that it would hurt bad in the beginning but would heal over time. He was right. I started light and fought through the pain. It hurt like a bitch the first few weeks but gradually became less and less painful until I woke up one day with ZERO pain. It took a solid 3-4 months, but it worked and made me into a believer in rehab over surgery.

I returned to training a few weeks ago after a 10 year layoff. I tried your excercise today and was shocked at my limited range of movement. I plan to stick with this to help keep my shoulder joints flexable.

Thanks!

d0tis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MarkDL View Post
    Was dealing with a shoulder impingement for about 6+ months. Finally realized I was doing WAY too much chest/front delt work and not enough back/rear delt work. The tight anterior part of my anatomy was kicking my posterior part's arse and pulling my shoulders forward, causing the impingement. My sports massage therapist got me on the right track of doubling my back work outs and laying off chest for a couple of months. This has greatly helped. Another thing I've been doing is some band and stretching work I found on this website:

It's crossfit oriented (not the biggest fan), but his methodology is sound and has great tips for rehabbing shoulders and other body parts. I've even done some 'voodoo flossing' to my shoulder and elbows. It's not a miracle cure, but helps get the inflammation out and the blood flowing into the painful areas. I wish you luck on your rehab OP!
    Sorry for bringing this post back but this is EXACTLY what I have. My physical therapist told me this is my problem, but I was only able to visit her twice so I still have nothing to move forward with, with this problem. Is there anyway you can tell me what you did, what exercises or plans that you did that solved your problem? I would appreciate it greatly.

trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had surgery for my impingement 48 hours ago. I had mine diagnosed by an MRI. All the streching etc wasn't going to make the giant bone spur that was causing the impingement go away. Glad I had it done, pain has been minimal. Taking dressings off today and going to the gym to ride the bike in a few.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do not do any biceps work before shoulders or chest.

The biceps tendons swelling can reduce the space in the shoulder joint making impingement more likely.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've been doing the ElasticSteel/Easy Flexibility BBJ shoulder series and have had great success. I do have a hard stop in the one shoulder because of a spur but overall ROM is adequate. Tight lats were causing some ROM issues too.

http://easyflexibility.com/collectio...ppling-and-bjj

Patience, grasshopper. NorthernMusicia's Avatar
    NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I love this technique. I've been doing it for about 5 days and everything feels better. I used to have to sleep to accomodate the discomfort. It's gone.

My question is, could/should this be done prior to shoulder work and bench pressing?
    Exercise isn't diet. Diet isn't exercise. Defiantly building muscle.

tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NorthernMusicia View Post
    I love this technique. I've been doing it for about 5 days and everything feels better. I used to have to sleep to accomodate the discomfort. It's gone.

My question is, could/should this be done prior to shoulder work and bench pressing?
    I do it, before, during, and after upper body workouts (I use resistance bands)

Patience, grasshopper. NorthernMusicia's Avatar
    NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernMusicia has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sounds good. I'll give it a try. I'm sure glad I found this post.
    Exercise isn't diet. Diet isn't exercise. Defiantly building muscle.

trashbat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trashbat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trashbat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trashbat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trashbat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trashbat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trashbat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trashbat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trashbat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trashbat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trashbat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Did anyone else's worsen slightly before it got better? Did the broom handle exercise for the first time last night and the discomfort is slightly worse today

Oakley157 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello guys

I am in need of some serious advice. I need help. I would seriously appreciate someone giving the time to read this and giving me some feedback.
    8 years ago I broke my ulna (funny bone). I had 2 operations on it and I've lost 30 degrees from full extension and the worse part is that it's set incorrectly in the elbow joint itself. My forearm does not line up with my upper arm. When my shoulder is sat properly as it should, my forearm comes out to the side. Not straight, and not fully extended.
    So, for the last 8 years I've had a seriously internally rotated shoulder. I've been training for 5 years, and for the whole time it's been a massive problem.
    It's it the point now where I have no thoracic flexibility and lower back is hurting as well, my shoulder when I don't hold it back droops so low. My neck hurts, can't train chest or shoulders properly and now my other shoulder hurts. But my main issue and anyone who trains hard and understands bodybuilding will feel my pain - my right pec (the side with issue) is not the same, it's small, tight and not symmetrical.
    Will this approach help? I've always thought that I'll need surgery to sort the problem.
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aadaawaay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by trashbat View Post
    Did anyone else's worsen slightly before it got better? Did the broom handle exercise for the first time last night and the discomfort is slightly worse today
    Not sure if it's normal but it's felt that way for me
    Follow my training log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165220141

NYCbro26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you've got a shoulder impingement and use this exercise nightly as you suggest as a means to repair over time, what do you recommend in the meantime for training? Do you recommend stopping training (lifting) altogether until the pain is gone, or is this exercise something that can be added to the normal routine as a means of reducing pain over time? Any views on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Unity12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unity12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unity12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unity12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unity12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unity12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unity12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unity12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unity12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unity12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unity12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Shoulder impingement is the result of the subacromial bursa, long head of the biceps tendon, and/or supraspinatus tendon becoming impinged between the head of the humerus and the acromion process. As a rule of thumb, impingement occurs due to the head of the humerus gliding superiorly in the glenoid fossa during overhead shoulder movements, thereby pinching the above structures against the bony acromion process. Mechanically speaking, the external rotators of the glenohumeral joint (infraspinatus and teres minor) prevent the humerus from gliding superiorly due to their line of pull that inferiorly (downwardly) glides the head of the humerus.

To put it simply, the most appropriate and effective treatment for shoulder impingement is strengthening the external rotators of the GH joint. If the external rotators are weak they will fail to glide the head of the humerus inferiorly. It's ideal to perform these exercises well before any pain takes place - by then the tendons/bursa could already be inflamed.

From personal experience, external rotation exercises should be performed as a warm up and cool down every time you train upper body.

NYCbro26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bump

Originally Posted by NYCbro26 View Post
    If you've got a shoulder impingement and use this exercise nightly as you suggest as a means to repair over time, what do you recommend in the meantime for training? Do you recommend stopping training (lifting) altogether until the pain is gone, or is this exercise something that can be added to the normal routine as a means of reducing pain over time? Any views on this would be helpful.

Thanks.
    Bump

BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000)
    This should really be stickied srs.

I don't have any serve shoulder issue, just phucked my shoulder heavy incline pressing a week ago. This has been the best thing I have done, and I am sure to be back into weights within a couple days because of this stretch. Recommend to do these with a band srs feels great.

BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000) BrUuh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NYCbro26 View Post
    Bump
    Honestly depends on the severity of the injury. If you have full range of motion on your shoulder and have no issues moving it around, it wouldn't be a bad idea after some adequate rest to begin training again with low weights to just get the blood flowing into the muscle, as well as strengthening it.

twigthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twigthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twigthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twigthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twigthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twigthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twigthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twigthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twigthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twigthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) twigthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bump of peace, but I started noticing discomfort/pain in the area my shoulder connects to my trap (it's not in the muscle, but under the muscle if that makes sense) the past couple of shoulder workouts. I've been doing this for about 20 minutes and it already feels so much better. Will continue to do this daily.
    If you really want to succeed, choose to be blind and do whatever it takes to see.

Instagram: @twigthetics

rupp0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rupp0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rupp0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rupp0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rupp0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rupp0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rupp0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rupp0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rupp0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rupp0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rupp0003 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bump

Bumping this old thread about shoulder impingement. Some great info here. My question is how much pain is ok when doing the broom stick exercise?