Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: milk

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

milk

Milk: Healthy and nutritious drink, or fattening, contaminant-filled menace?

You might expect an organization called the Dairy Education Board to promote milk as a good thing. But instead, this advocacy group claims that “Milk is a deadly poison.” Oops. And as Americans have grown more wary of saturated fat, and more concerned about hormones and other substances fed to—and injected into—dairy cows, milk consumption has fallen dramatically. In the post-war days of 1945, the average American was consuming 45 gallons of milk a year. By 2001, per capita consumption was down to just 23 gallons.

But here’s the thing: Plenty of new research says that we should be drinking more milk, not less. In fact, swapping soda, juice, sweetened iced teas, and other beverages for milk might be one major reason why Americans are gaining weight at such a rapid pace. Milk not only helps boost protein intake and cut down on sugar, but consuming calcium through dairy foods such as milk may actually reduce the fat absorption from other foods. Who wouldn’t want that? (Hungry for more hard-hitting nutrition facts and findings every day? Follow me on Twitter or subscribe to our daily Eat This, Not That! newsletter.)

Here are four milk myths you might have heard, and why you should consider answering the cowbell more often.

Claim #1: “Milk is a fat-burning food.”

The Truth: Maybe. In a 6-month study, University of Tennessee researchers found that overweight people who downed three servings a day of calcium-rich dairy lost more belly fat than those who followed a similar diet minus two or more of the dairy servings. In addition, the researchers discovered that calcium supplements didn’t work as well as milk. Why? They believe that while calcium may increase the rate at which your body burns fat, other active compounds in dairy (such as milk proteins) provide an additional fat-burning effect.

Bonus tip: For more surefire ways to eat healthier and slim down, check out our list of the 25 Best Nutrition Secrets!

Claim #2: “Drinking milk builds muscle.”

The Truth: Absolutely. In fact, milk is one of the best muscle foods on the planet. Milk is full of high-quality protein: about 80 percent casein and 20 percent whey. Whey is known as a “fast protein” because it’s quickly broken down into amino acids and absorbed into the bloodstream—perfect for post-workout consumption. Casein, on the other hand, is digested more slowly—ideal for providing your body with a steady supply of smaller amounts of protein for a longer period of time, such as between meals or while you sleep.

Bonus Tip: Remember the old saying "Milk: not just for breakfast anymore." Well, here are 20 foods that shouldn't be for breakfast, period. Check out our shocking list of the Worst Breakfasts in America!

Claim #3: “Cows are given antibiotics. Doesn’t that make their milk unhealthy?”

The Truth: No one really knows. Some scientists argue that milk from cows given antibiotics leads to antibiotic resistance in humans, making these types of drugs less effective when you take them for an infection. But this has never been proven.

It is true that hormones and antibiotics have never been part of a cow’s natural diet, and they have been shown to have adverse effects on the animals. Canadian researchers, for example, discovered that cows given hormones are more likely to contract an udder infection called mastitis. If you’re uneasy, you can purchase antibiotic-free (and typically hormone-free, as well) milk from producers like Horizon and Organic Valley at most major supermarkets. The cows will certainly thank you.

Bonus tip: While you're at the supermarket, add these foods to your list: the 125 best supermarket foods. Remember: You don't have to sacrifice flavor to eat healthier.

Claim #4: “Fat-free milk is much healthier than whole.”

The Truth: Nope. While you’ve probably always been told to drink reduced-fat milk, the majority of scientific studies show that drinking whole milk actually improves cholesterol levels—just not as much as drinking fat-free does. One recent exception: Danish researchers found that men who consumed a diet rich in whole milk experienced a slight increase in LDL cholesterol (six points). However, it’s worth noting that these men drank six 8-ounce glasses a day, an unusually high amount. Even so, their triglycerides—another marker of heart-disease risk—decreased by 22 percent. The bottom line: Drinking two to three glasses of milk a day, whether it’s fat-free, 2%, or whole, lowers the likelihood of both heart attack and stroke—a finding confirmed by British scientists.
    http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatt...uth-about-milk

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    milk

is delicious

thats as far as my mind goes on the subject

michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    I drink light organic soy milk. Cut out yogurt except for Greek up until recently when I discovered that I have an allergic reaction to it. (Weird cause I never had it w/ regular yogurt.) Still eating cheese once in a while, but not much. Even if you buy milk from cows that aren't given rbGH, there are naturally hormones produced by the mother cow that will be present to aid in the growth and immunity of a calf, and on top of that they are usually treated with antibiotics. I don't want cow hormones that are meant for baby cows. So I don't want it. Don't miss it, either. Still eating the cheese sometimes, though. Grrrr. lol
    I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love milk in all of its glorious forms. It has to be FULL FAT though. I can't stand the watery taste of low fat milk products. Low-fat cheese doesn't melt properly, either.

Oh...and low-fat yogurt has to have some kind of a gelling agent added to it.

No, sir. Give me all the fat.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yay for Milllllllk!

Loves it! Drink at least a cup a day. Organic skim. Did you know organic milk lasts like 2-4 weeks longer than regular milk? It has to do with how it's processed. So even though it's a tad more expensive, there's less waste because it doesn't sour easily.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Full fat milk for me. Which is like 4% fat, 2% milk is somewhere around 3% fat and it drops from there. So there is reallly no advantage to drinking 2% to skim milk unless you down 3 gallons a day. But try to tell this to serious dieters. Unless they have an otherwise medical condition I'm not considering?

BG
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1. Notmilk.com is rife with inaccuracies and downright falsehoods.

2. Even if dairy cows were given growth hormone, it cannot and does not have any effect on humans. Growth hormone being a peptide hormone like insulin (they are one or two amino acids different from each other) cannot survive the stomach. It is digested like any protein source. That's why growth hormone and insulin have to be injected.

3. Full fat milk for me in small amounts, being lactose intolerant. Cheeses and Greek yogurt ftw.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by righter View Post
    Yay for Milllllllk!

Loves it! Drink at least a cup a day. Organic skim. Did you know organic milk lasts like 2-4 weeks longer than regular milk? It has to do with how it's processed. So even though it's a tad more expensive, there's less waste because it doesn't sour easily.
    Do you know the specifics about this? We have a local dairy where I get most of my milk, but theirs spoils faster than what's bought in the store.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000) IR45N is just really nice. (+1000)
    Life long moo juice drinker; finally, after years, gone back to homo......yeah, I'm calling it that. Even picked up 2 - 1/2 gals of choc......decadent treat hot or cold.

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I drink so much milk I no longer snore when I sleep, I mooooooooooo instead!

I am aware lame joke is lame

I strongly support milk use........just say yes

Fat guy in a little coat. jdmt37's Avatar
    jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jdmt37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Loves me some ice cold milk. I go through at least 2 gallons a week.
    "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Milk is a great bodybuilding food in almost any form. Years ago we used nonfat dry milk instead of protein powder (Hoffman Hi-Protein tasted like sand and sugar, Weider's wasn't much better). Now, when I want to get lean ( sorry - Cut) I replace worthless carbs with heavy whipping cream for the fat. And it tastes great. I don't understand where some of these goofy food fairy tales come from.

My two cents.

bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I love milk regardless of what research says. It tastes great. It's full of protein and gives me the carbs i need right after lifting.

OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Milk is a great bodybuilding food in almost any form. Years ago we used nonfat dry milk instead of protein powder (Hoffman Hi-Protein tasted like sand and sugar, Weider's wasn't much better). Now, when I want to get lean ( sorry - Cut) I replace worthless carbs with heavy whipping cream for the fat. And it tastes great. I don't understand where some of these goofy food fairy tales come from.

My two cents.
    Your age is showing.

Dry milk with ice cream and whole milk weight gainer. Hoffman's protein sucked.

MadMuscleMania has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadMuscleMania has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadMuscleMania has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fascinating and well informed post - much appreciated mate
    http://madformuscle.com

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Red face

[QUOTE=OTH51;590306003]Your age is showing.

Thanks buddy, that's why there's no head on my avi lol.

OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000) OTH51 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Thanks buddy, that's why there's no head on my avi lol.
    You will notice mine is taken from the back! I don't want to scare any of youngsters.

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Elsie for president 2012.

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Do you know the specifics about this? We have a local dairy where I get most of my milk, but theirs spoils faster than what's bought in the store.
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe it has to do with how they pasteurize it and the fact that there are fewer organic farms, so the milk must travel longer distances to reach the store. It actually, to my knowledge, has nothing to do with it being organic. Meaning, they don't pasteurize it differently for that reason alone. There are certain criteria organic foods must follow to be sold as organic, but for milk, that is not one of them.

That's my final answer.

Originally Posted by righter View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe it has to do with how they pasteurize it and the fact that there are fewer organic farms, so the milk must travel longer distances to reach the store. It actually, to my knowledge, has nothing to do with it being organic. Meaning, they don't pasteurize it differently for that reason alone. There are certain criteria organic foods must follow to be sold as organic, but for milk, that is not one of them.

That's my final answer.

Thanks, just wondering because our local dairy farmer isn't certified organic, but you can see how his cows are treated, and he runs a really clean operation. I've never met him personally, but my wife used to rent an apartment from him before we were married, and they used to even bring her fresh milk for free every day.

It's thick and creamy and sweet and delicious. Since he isn't certified organic, but his milk is processed minimally and tastes so good, I was just wondering what the difference was if his spoils faster.

Also, taxation is theft.

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    I love milk in all of its glorious forms. It has to be FULL FAT though. I can't stand the watery taste of low fat milk products. Low-fat cheese doesn't melt properly, either.

Oh...and low-fat yogurt has to have some kind of a gelling agent added to it.

No, sir. Give me all the fat.
    I'm with you on this.

merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When in doubt, there is all natural breast milk
    Eric

"Sports do not build character. They reveal it."

"Thin skinned? Now that sounds like a way I could get more shredded....by having thinner skin." - Brackneyc

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by michvolley View Post
    I drink light organic soy milk.
    That sounds decidedly un-hardcore.

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    I'm lmao. I wanted to rep that so bad.

Also, taxation is theft.

michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000) michvolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    lol I don't mind

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Never drink it.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We drink raw, unpasteurized milk from grass-fed free range cows in our home. None of us get sick.

The soybeans used in commercial soymilk are most likely just as "chemically treated" as grain-fed, antibiotic treated dailry cows, though. I see the logic in drinking soy for ethical/philosophical reasons, but not for health reasons. There's probably MORE health benefits from cows' (or goats') milk.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    We drink raw, unpasteurized milk from grass-fed free range cows in our home. None of us get sick.

The soybeans used in commercial soymilk are most likely just as "chemically treated" as grain-fed, antibiotic treated dailry cows, though. I see the logic in drinking soy for ethical/philosophical reasons, but not for health reasons. There's probably MORE health benefits from cows' (or goats') milk.
    That's why I go with organic. It's just a personal choice and my health has not suffered whatsoever in switching from cow's milk to soy milk.

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post

You have cows in your living room??

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hochspeyer View Post
    You have cows in your living room??
    Lol. Picking up those pies every day is a reall killer, I'll tell ya.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow