Thread: Keto for life?

bigbrutis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbrutis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbrutis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbrutis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbrutis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbrutis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbrutis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbrutis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbrutis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbrutis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigbrutis2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Keto for life?

Hi,

I have been on standard keto for a month with no exercise and am loving the diet.

Lost a few kilos and feel great.

It really mellows me out instead of the highs and lows i'm usually in.

Would it be healthy to eat like this for life?

I'm eating tons of meat, mayo and full cream etc.

Just looks unhealthy and people think i'm going to give myself a heart attack.

Anyone considered doing this for the long haul?

Thanks

eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eglionz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't see why not. I don't plan on coming off keto, although I will be curious to see what my cholesterol and blood pressure come in at next year (yearly workplace sponsored wellness check).

I've also experienced way too many highs and lows related to blood sugar on the 40/40/20 diets. After 3 weeks on keto my normal fatigue and depression have vanished, it's really amazing to me.

Sacredpalms has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keto is great, for thousands of years before carbohydrates became so abundant, human's diets were primarily a "Keto" based diet.

MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrSoLoDoLo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In it for life.

That's not to say I don't learn more every day about my body. I will always tweak things here and there depending on how I feel and what I determine to work or not.

My keto diet now and 2 months ago are two completely different things.

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    year and a half.. never changing
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

acrack35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acrack35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acrack35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acrack35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acrack35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acrack35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acrack35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acrack35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acrack35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acrack35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) acrack35 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its funny how people will comment on you having a heart attack, I have the same types of people saying things to me....then they go out have 2 pitchers at the pub, 30 wings and a few smokes....

I'll stick to my ground-beef and mayo. haha

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fresh meats, lot's of fresh veggies and only the occasional sweet that is planned out in advance.... yeah it's healthy.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    Fresh meats, lot's of fresh veggies and only the occasional sweet that is planned out in advance.... yeah it's healthy.
    If only that was the way everybody did it... It is often an excuse to go eat fast food burgers with double cheese and bacon... While it fits in macros, I still believe in eating healthy.

And all though I don't drop under 20Carb anymore... I stay in the 50carb range.

I do not eat stuff like sodium and nitrate laden bacon, ham, sausages, hot dogs, processed cheese, manufactured mayonnaise, sodium laden condiments, diet sodas, artificial sweeteners.

My diet is more paleo style and eat grass fed beef, whole chickens, fish (many I catch myself), rabbit, venison, eggs, lots of fresh vegetables, nuts, avocados, occasionally some fruit.

To each their own however... I certainly LOOKED good when I was eating no bun fast food burgers, packs of hot dogs, bacon and cheeses and diet coke but internally and energy wise I feel much much better now going on the stricter type "healthy" food version above.

The lower carb way definitely works for many people. And you see more doctors, especially some holistic doctors recommending it now. They more recommend it from the side of eating more "natural" but, that alone eliminates a HUGE carb load from a SAD.

The only time I *ever* lean out is by monitoring my carbs. As I certainly have tried other ways...they don't work. Doesn't matter how much exercise I do, how much I nail down a 40/40/20, or a 30/40/20 or any of those diets. I may be in shape but I still put on the fat. And this is over the course of 10 years since being introduced to Atkins in 2000 and later CKD/TKD right after. I don't do any carb loads though, just keep it in the 50 range..

More so than weight, low carb, and I am no scientist and this is just anecdotal evidence but my energy levels and mood are so markedly different it is crazy.
    Last edited by grapemaster; 12-10-2010 at 09:44 AM.
    @__@

ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Talking about mood swings, it is a short study, but I read the other day about how Keto looks to be good for brain health.

http://www.drbriffa.com/2010/12/08/v...for-the-brain/

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    On keto for ten years now, and at my last physical the worst thing they could find was flat feet. Everything else was perfect. The only odd thing was that my HDL cholesterol was higher than my LDL, which they hadn't seen before. But they didn't complain.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders