cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Is putting on fat in the face normal while body building?

I posted this thread in the teen section but I'm not getting many useful responses.

Around December of 2009, I was weighing in at 285lbs @ 6'1. I started a pretty serious diet after New Years which involved a lot of running and cutting calories. By about September, I hit my goal weight of 177 lbs and realized that I quickly went from being fat to frail and lifeless looking. A few of my buddies got me interested in weight lifting and I started lifting seriously in September without any supplements (protein, etc) and the same low-calorie diet that I've been on for a while.

While I did notice my body started toning up more, I wasn't really gaining any mass.

In October, I started putting in about 120g of protein into my diet daily and I noticed quite an increase.

In November, I decided to start taking creatine and since then is when I really started developing my mass. I also started eating more often and more calories even though I still had a fear of getting fat again.

Since then, I've put on 18 lbs and I've filled out extremely well in a short period of time. All of my muscles are much bigger and I'm lifting much heavier weights.

Just recently, my girlfriend and one of my other buddies told me that I put a little bit of weight on my face which suddenly struck an alarm in my head.

Basically, what I'm wondering; is it normal for a man to gain fat in the face while building muscle or maybe bloating from creatine? I've been on it for about a month which is why I'm surprised that if it is bloating, it's only happening now.

My waist remains the same and I don't notice any fat in the stomach area growing.

Thanks for any advice you folks can provide.

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    18Lb gain in 1 month is not muscle, you got fat again.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    And that not from lifting, but from overeating.
    Overweight and arrogant

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    exactly! everyone puts on fat in different ways: when you are older, it will be your midsection FIRST and then the rest of your body...

but you are young, and for whatever reason, you are seeing it in your face right away....

it is virtually physiologically impossible , even at your age, to put on 18 pounds of lean weight in a months time.....

so yes, you have added adiposity again.....

not quite... domesticated justboo2u's Avatar
    justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justboo2u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cobhc View Post
    I posted this thread in the teen section but I'm not getting many useful responses.

Around December of 2009, I was weighing in at 285lbs @ 6'1. I started a pretty serious diet after New Years which involved a lot of running and cutting calories. By about September, I hit my goal weight of 177 lbs and realized that I quickly went from being fat to frail and lifeless looking. A few of my buddies got me interested in weight lifting and I started lifting seriously in September without any supplements (protein, etc) and the same low-calorie diet that I've been on for a while.

While I did notice my body started toning up more, I wasn't really gaining any mass.

In October, I started putting in about 120g of protein into my diet daily and I noticed quite an increase.

In November, I decided to start taking creatine and since then is when I really started developing my mass. I also started eating more often and more calories even though I still had a fear of getting fat again.

Since then, I've put on 18 lbs and I've filled out extremely well in a short period of time. All of my muscles are much bigger and I'm lifting much heavier weights.

Just recently, my girlfriend and one of my other buddies told me that I put a little bit of weight on my face which suddenly struck an alarm in my head.

Basically, what I'm wondering; is it normal for a man to gain fat in the face while building muscle or maybe bloating from creatine? I've been on it for about a month which is why I'm surprised that if it is bloating, it's only happening now.

My waist remains the same and I don't notice any fat in the stomach area growing.

From MY experience...

If you're getting fat in the face, it is also going elsewhere.
    Just HOW MUCH & WHERE is your genetic-involvement...

Easy enuf to fix... just cut some carbs/extra intake from diet.
    (Yah... easy for ME to say, huh? )

For what itz wurth!

cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The 18lb weight gain happened since September, I was putting on a lb a week earlier, then it went up to about 2-3.

My waist remains the same and I haven't noticed any fat build up anywhere but a little bit on the face.

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The 18lb weight gain happened since September, I was putting on a lb a week earlier, then it went up to about 2-3.

My waist remains the same and I haven't noticed any fat build up anywhere but a little bit on the face.
    Well, if its not mostly fat.....lol.......you are one of the (very few) exceptions to the rule...I'm talking pro level to say the least.

Pics would be good to put all things in perspective. Especially before and after said time period.

I'm not calling you out or anything.....so.....don't take it that way.

Its just that I've only known a handful of people (all of them was/are pro) that could/did put on even close to that amount of lbm in such a short period of time.

In general the most lbm a person (not a person that has genetics of a pro) can gain (assisted, a little more.....but not that much difference for the average gym goer) in such a short time frame would be in the range of 2 - 3lbs......and thats if you are just starting out "or" have not had your training, diet, sleep etc....spot on.....and all of a sudden you do.....and bam......fast results in a short period of time.......but.......it does not take long before those fast results slow to a crawl even if you do keep everything spot on which is very hard to do in the long run.

It's hard to argue with quality pic's....otherwise we have to go by our reasoning skills...I'll leave it at that.

Congrats on your newfound gains.....

Originally Posted by plmb1 View Post
    Well, if its not mostly fat.....lol.......you are one of the (very few) exceptions to the rule...I'm talking pro level to say the least.

Pics would be good to put all things in perspective. Especially before and after said time period.

I'm not calling you out or anything.....so.....don't take it that way.

Its just that I've only known a handful of people (all of them was/are pro) that could/did put on even close to that amount of lbm in such a short period of time.

In general the most lbm a person (not a person that has genetics of a pro) can gain (assisted, a little more.....but not that much difference for the average gym goer) in such a short time frame would be in the range of 2 - 3lbs......and thats if you are just starting out "or" have not had your training, diet, sleep etc....spot on.....and all of a sudden you do.....and bam......fast results in a short period of time.......but.......it does not take long before those fast results slow to a crawl even if you do keep everything spot on which is very hard to do in the long run.

It's hard to argue with quality pic's....otherwise we have to go by our reasoning skills...I'll leave it at that.

Congrats on your newfound gains.....
    Thanks a lot.

I actually, never took before and after pics! I might start doing that today to watch my changes.

A few people told me that it was normal to gain about 7-12 pounds in 2 weeks after starting creatine as a result of heavy water retainage. Could this have been a contributor?

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

My personal experience was that the 2(creatine) types of products I used caused me to gain water weight and a fuller face. 18 pounds is a lot in 2-3 months so even though your waist is tight i would guess some fat and a lot of water. I was strong but lost some of my definition in quads and forearms; so again my guess is a combination.

Registered User DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    Originally Posted by DaddyR View Post
    And that not from lifting, but from overeating.
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    exactly! everyone puts on fat in different ways: when you are older, it will be your midsection FIRST and then the rest of your body...

but you are young, and for whatever reason, you are seeing it in your face right away....

it is virtually physiologically impossible , even at your age, to put on 18 pounds of lean weight in a months time.....

so yes, you have added adiposity again.....
    YUP!

Sure nobody here knows what they are talking about! Forget about what we say.

Thanks a lot.

I actually, never took before and after pics! I might start doing that today to watch my changes.

A few people told me that it was normal to gain about 7-12 pounds in 2 weeks after starting creatine as a result of heavy water retainage. Could this have been a contributor?
    The reason for the faster weight gain from creatine is WATER!! Creatine makes you look bigger by putting water in between the muscle fibers...hence making you retain water. Stop taking it for 2 weeks and you will puff down.

If you think it is REALLY muscle.....then skip these forums and go pro.

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks a lot.

By all means.....always take pics. Pics make it alot easier for you to see your progress........or the lack of in some cases.

And yes......creatine does cause most people to hold water (bloat).......some more than others depending the type of creatine and how well they respond to it.

Either way, congrats on your gains.......even if the 18lbs is mostly fat/water and a little lbm. Just remember the little amount of lbm is better than you think...........it adds up over time.

Good luck and keep us posted.......

greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10) greggamma is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Forget all the chatter. Try out stuff and what works for you works for you. Yup probably lean, fat and water from everything you added. Screw the scale too and use a tape measure. Also try on some clothes... pants-tighter butt, legs and calves then mass gain ; tighter waist...fat.
    Shirt the same way. Arms, chest shoulders tighter? Mass gain. Tighter at the ab? Fat.

ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChimarraoMate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1. Water and ATP, at your hieght, likely 12+ lb worth

2. Muscle Memory, you were fat and your body built muscle to support the weight. You lost it all on deficit, and gained it back fast from working out and going off the deficite.

3. Probably a little fat, but only a few lbs.

Remember, unless you have high insulin and are consuming a lot of sugar carbs, you will likely not gain fat that fast either. I am guessing it took a decade or more to get as fat as you were.

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
    Sure nobody here knows what they are talking about! Forget about what we say.
    Um, what?

Originally Posted by greggamma View Post
    Forget all the chatter. Try out stuff and what works for you works for you. Yup probably lean, fat and water from everything you added. Screw the scale too and use a tape measure. Also try on some clothes... pants-tighter butt, legs and calves then mass gain ; tighter waist...fat.
    Shirt the same way. Arms, chest shoulders tighter? Mass gain. Tighter at the ab? Fat.
    I need to buy the right tape measure but my clothes actually fit much better and I fill them out much nicer on the back and shoulders.

Originally Posted by ChimarraoMate View Post
    1. Water and ATP, at your hieght, likely 12+ lb worth

2. Muscle Memory, you were fat and your body built muscle to support the weight. You lost it all on deficit, and gained it back fast from working out and going off the deficite.

3. Probably a little fat, but only a few lbs.

Remember, unless you have high insulin and are consuming a lot of sugar carbs, you will likely not gain fat that fast either. I am guessing it took a decade or more to get as fat as you were.
    It did, I was overweight from 14 - 23 years old.

Originally Posted by plmb1 View Post
    By all means.....always take pics. Pics make it alot easier for you to see your progress........or the lack of in some cases.

And yes......creatine does cause most people to hold water (bloat).......some more than others depending the type of creatine and how well they respond to it.

Either way, congrats on your gains.......even if the 18lbs is mostly fat/water and a little lbm. Just remember the little amount of lbm is better than you think...........it adds up over time.

Good luck and keep us posted.......
    Thanks for the advice!