Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Drug and alcohol effects and experiences

I'm making this thread for people to talk about how drugs and alcohol have shaped your bodybuilding life. You can also feel free to just tell any story relating to a drug or alcohol experience whether related to bodybuilding.all these experiences can be a positive or negative in your life.

stuntriderrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) stuntriderrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) stuntriderrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) stuntriderrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) stuntriderrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) stuntriderrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) stuntriderrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) stuntriderrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) stuntriderrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) stuntriderrr will become famous soon enough. (+50) stuntriderrr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Arnold74 View Post
    I'm making this thread for people to talk about how drugs and alcohol have shaped your bodybuilding life. You can also feel free to just tell any story relating to a drug or alcohol experience whether related to bodybuilding.all these experiences can be a positive or negative in your life.
    pain killers will really efff ur muscles up!

Rawlifestyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rawlifestyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rawlifestyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rawlifestyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rawlifestyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rawlifestyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rawlifestyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rawlifestyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rawlifestyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rawlifestyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rawlifestyle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just recently in the past year start focusing on building muscle, but one thing I noticed , was the first six months that I started lifting more , I was also still drinking a lot during the week and smoking marijuana at least 5 times a week. Then I moved to a new town about 6 months ago. I stopped smoking marijuana and limited my drinking habits to two nights a week at no more than 3 drink in a night. I have had amazing gains in strength and endurance I have also had blood work done for a physical I had to take and the results were great. I will admit it hard for me now to ever get excited about getting drunk around my friends and has hurt part of my social life. But o well

NAboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) NAboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) NAboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) NAboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) NAboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) NAboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) NAboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) NAboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) NAboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) NAboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) NAboost is on a distinguished road. (+10)

my plan

I've basically quit drinking for the past few months, with the exception of a few cheat nights. This has been my biggest aid in muscle growth. I do not take any pain meds, as I've read they slow protein synthesis. One drug I disagree with is marijuana. I would love to have more studies done on it so I could know for sure, but until then, I'm gonna stay up. While it typically does make me lazier, I just make sure I have the mental motivation to do whatever I had initially planned on doing. After a hard workout, smoking truly drops my shoulders, and allows me to relax. It's like a mini-massage. I'm a somewhat picky eater as well, which becomes much easier when I smoke. The only reason I can eat half of the foods I do, following such a strict diet, is because I smoke. I'm not saying it will help your quest if you don't already smoke, just that it may not be has detrimental to your health as all the hype suggests.

Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Italiantank26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As a college student alcohol has seriously f*cked up my gains. Over the summer I made tremoundous gains in losing body fat while keeping most of my muscles and gaining strength. I still drank a good amount during the summer, between 1 to 2 nights a week, but not heavily. I did a lot of research on alcohol and its extreme negative effects it has on the body and possibility of muscle catabolism. During the summer though my diet was very strict, weighed all the foods I ate, nights I drank would lower my calories in food etc. Now as I'm at the end of my 1st semester I can easily see the negative changes my body went through. I somehow manage to keep my strenght, I think because my diet wasn't as strict therefore more calories enabled me to keep my muscles as well gain some fat. But from consuming A LOT more alcohol has lead to fat gains and detoriation muscles as well as miss workouts due to hangovers and lack of energy. Question, do I regret the decisions I made? Yes and no, I regret drinking heavily on days I should not have and doing it as often as I did. But at the same time no because it allowed me to let loose and enjoy myself on those nights that were great moments. Through this I have learned that a balance must exist and you must have your goals and priorities set or else you can easily lose yourself in this confusion of life. Towards the end of my semester I realized what I need to accomplish, cut the drinking down, kept my diet strict and saw gains which influenced me more. Now moving on to drug #2, marijuana. I smoke as well, but not habitually or socially. I smoke, not to have a good time or to eat (which can lead me to cleaning out a whole kitchen cabinet) but to relax and aid in sleeping. Sometimes I feel a lot of stress and can not sleep therefore smoking takes my mind off some things and allows me to sleep better. This probelm itself can lead to dependancy to this drug because its associated with improved relaxation and a habit (those of you who know little about psychology and drug addiction). To avoid this I try and alternate, and some nights I just tough it out and force myself to sleep. Sleep has always been an obstacle for me. From this post, the most important thing I can stress, you must know your body, your limits, and you must have balance. Balance is a crucial element and tough to achieve. We lose ourselves, but as long as you find yourself and learn from mistakes, only positive things can happen, but thats a major challenge itslelf.
    "Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when the storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did,. "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"- The Count of Monte Cristo

Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Arnold74 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Rawlifestyle I think you are doing great I have changed my ways very similar like you. But you can't be so hard on your self you say you can't have as much friends going out with your friends well the changes you made were to improve your lifestyle and your overall happiness. I myself try to limit myself by staying in most wkends without doing anything and u watch my local sports teams if their is something you enjoy like that I'd advise to try and do the same. I have many friends off at college and when the come home that's when I go out and party with them and I don't hold back I have fun and let loose and don't limit myself on drinking or anything that's really all I do bow is drink done many drugs in past but not interested in doing that anymore n I smoke weed sometimes. But what I'm tryin to say is good job on the changes n try not to worry bout it when u go out then it's not even worth it. N if it would make you feel better wait longer between going out drinking that way when u do u know u deserved it and are excited and ready to have a great time

jdmking23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

drugs are bad mkay...

Good posts so far these are interesting. N remember this isn't an anti or pro drug thread it's whatever you want to write positiv neg idc