Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Location: Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000)

Traditional 6 small meals vs intermittent fasting

which one do you think is better?

what are the pros and cons of both diets?

are they just variations for say a person who doesn't have a busy lifestyle to where someone who hsa lot of free time.
    A WoW guild ganked our mom, and ran a train on our dog crew.

++ Positive Crew ++

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ~~~~*****itslavishbitch crew******~~~~ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

BRB - Gettin' shredded FemmeFatale28's Avatar
    FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im glad you made this thread because I have been IFing since July and at the time that I started I was at my wits END with being hungry I was about to say fuk this and just giving it all up (cutting) but then I "discovered" IF and I looooooved it. But for whatever reason over the last 2 months the binge beast inside me has been awakened and Ive had several "episodes" which tells me that my relationship with food is fuked up again. So (today) I decided I was going to go back to eating after my morning cardio work out, which is about 2-3 hours before my afternoon lifting workout and then eating. Im not saying that IF awakened the beast of my disordered eating I just remember that I felt I had beaten it before I did IF and now its back. Probably just coincidence. I truely believe it is mental and that since I feel like I am eating all day it makes me better mentally. So we will see how this goes. So even though I had a small meal prior to lifting today I still felt 100% focused ( probably more so because I wasnt in a hurry to FINALLY get to eat). So I cant really say, I have just read alot of instances where people with previous ED can fall back into the ED trap with IF, but if you have always had a healthy relationship with food then by all means do it. I love it, I really do, but I love having "control" over my eating habits more.

EDIT: to add that I do believe IF has taught me how to better deal with being hungry. Its learning when to stop that seems to be the problem lol. So now I gotta reteach myself when to stop. So I guess I am doing a variation of both diets.
    Last edited by FemmeFatale28; 12-06-2010 at 03:23 PM.

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    inb4shiitstorm
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    inb4shiitstorm
    I don't get why people continue to make IDENTICAL threads.

FFS use your brain OP and SEARCH

Hahah wanted to start the ****storm
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000) Harlequinn is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol the reason why i am asking is because i work a 8;30 to 5 pm job and i cant really think why people need to eat the foods long before they work out, would the body not have already metabolised the nutrients?

and im still deiciding on when i shud do cardio in the morning or when im at the gym before my weightlifting. ( all gym activities will be done after 6 pm)

so yeah kinda confused alot of people say its better to do the cardio to burn fat before u eat any carbs or fats, and others say just eat a healthy diet and do cardio whenever you want. which in my opinion the latter is vague and sounds a bit of bullcrap.

But i would like to know alot more about IF so maybe we can stay in touch and you can show me some threads/articles which can help me. been looking all over the place for decent ones but can only find bro science.... god damn that bro science..

++ Positive Crew ++

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    I don't get why people continue to make IDENTICAL threads.

FFS use your brain OP and SEARCH

Hahah wanted to start the ****storm
    how about no because i am spontaneous and do not feel the need to ressurect probably long dead threads which people arnt going to look at? how you like them apples : )

++ Positive Crew ++

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Harlequinn View Post
    how about no because i am spontaneous and do not feel the need to ressurect probably long dead threads which people arnt going to look at? how you like them apples : )
    How about searching and you would find the answer you wanted and therefore wouldn't need to post OR resurrect a long dead thread.

How you like them apples
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

eat a healthy diet and do cardio whenever you want. which in my opinion the latter is vague and sounds a bit of bullcrap..
    That is the correct answer.

In the end of the day a calorie deficit burns fat. Just do it when it fits in and eat your macros each day and everyday

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    How about searching and you would find the answer you wanted and therefore wouldn't need to post OR resurrect a long dead thread.

How you like them apples
    i have and have only got that it is pretty much a re-defined version of the warrior diet? so far from these posts on bodybuilding.com, except that people have added " window slots " into it.

Why would i ask the question if i didn't know the answer, im obviously not satisfied with what i have recieved, so therefore trying a more direct approach. Which has became fruitful because atleast one person has given me an unbiased response to it. (femme fatal)

Why do you also feel the need to flame posts, why cant you just move along without acting like such an arse trying to make OP's feel stupid * which you didn't*

++ Positive Crew ++

jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ITT: we compare two things that are vastly different for teh lulz?
    be a lot cooler if you did

Originally Posted by jake1224 View Post
    ITT: we compare two things that are vastly different for teh lulz?
    ? that made no sense

++ Positive Crew ++

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ? that made no sense
    IF does not follow the regular caloric diet of 6/day. Hence, it is hard to compare them. With a 6/day diet, you can usually fine tune problems fairly quickly. IF is a bit more complicated since you are eating much less often (as less as every other day) and the meals tend to be a bit higher in calories, though can still be lower for an entire week when compared to 6/day.

It is like comparing a car vs a boat. Both can get you from point A to B (relatively speaking) if operated correctly, but they do it in very different mechanisms.

It is really just personal preference.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

BRB - Gettin' shredded FemmeFatale28's Avatar
    FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    fasted cardio is personal preference. I WILL puke running with food, and I prefer to run on an empty stomach.. just my thing

Originally Posted by FemmeFatale28 View Post
    fasted cardio is personal preference. I WILL puke running with food, and I prefer to run on an empty stomach.. just my thing
    so when doing cardio it wont burn off the foods you just ate it will burn off the fat stores? or am i wrong again.

++ Positive Crew ++

In it for the Long Haul! bbavender's Avatar
    bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000)
    so when doing cardio it wont burn off the foods you just ate it will burn off the fat stores? or am i wrong again.
    I think its a personal preference so she doesnt throw up.
    ED got me, ill be darned if it gets anyone else.

Only the strong survive...

25-RAC-99

Follow my RFL Journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141048001

Originally Posted by BookMonkey View Post
    IF does not follow the regular caloric diet of 6/day. Hence, it is hard to compare them. With a 6/day diet, you can usually fine tune problems fairly quickly. IF is a bit more complicated since you are eating much less often (as less as every other day) and the meals tend to be a bit higher in calories, though can still be lower for an entire week when compared to 6/day.

It is like comparing a car vs a boat. Both can get you from point A to B (relatively speaking) if operated correctly, but they do it in very different mechanisms.

It is really just personal preference.
    sweet gave me some good insight.

++ Positive Crew ++

Originally Posted by bbavender View Post
    I think its a personal preference so she doesnt throw up.
    okay... but what im confused about is does cardio burn your fat stores your glycogen stores or the food you have ate prior to working out?

++ Positive Crew ++

bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000)
    okay... but what im confused about is does cardio burn your fat stores your glycogen stores or the food you have ate prior to working out?
    To burn fat stores its simply calories in < calories out. I dont think cardio burns a specific energy source. If your doing keto, then I think it burns from fat stores but other than that I dont think its coming from one certain point.

25-RAC-99

Originally Posted by bbavender View Post
    To burn fat stores its simply calories in < calories out. I dont think cardio burns a specific energy source. If your doing keto, then I think it burns from fat stores but other than that I dont think its coming from one certain point.
    damn so it really is about the food and cardio and weights are just like add ons to speed up the process?

++ Positive Crew ++

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes. Food you eat needs to be processed before it can be used. Food that has already been processed will be used first and only. Your body will never use the food you ate over the food that is already processed because if that happens (or even if it could), then that means you're dead because your body has no fat or muscle or organs to feed from.

Yes. Food you eat needs to be processed before it can be used. Food that has already been processed will be used first and only. Your body will never use the food you ate over the food that is already processed because if that happens (or even if it could), then that means you're dead because your body has no fat or muscle or organs to feed from.
    so cardio burns glycogen in the muscle, and then the muscle like uses the fat stores and turns them into glycogen? or are the fat stores just burnt off after the glycogen in the muscle was burnt out.

++ Positive Crew ++

damn so it really is about the food and cardio and weights are just like add ons to speed up the process?
    Sort of. Your body needs a deficit of calories in order to burn the fat. But sometimes it will burn muscle as well if you are trying to burn too much at once. Greater deficity = greater chance of this happening. Think of it in terms of moving bricks away from a large pile of bricks. The greater the deficit, the more people there are to help move them. But the more people, the greater the chance for mistakes or fumbles.

Of course, I am over-generalizing, but I hope you get the idea.

Cardio is to help increase the calories burned, but it also helps with your cardiovascular system (strong heart = longer life).

A way to describe weights would be to challenge the muscle to grow. When your "remind" the muscle that it needs to be able to lift, it will grow in response. When cutting, though, it is harder to gain muscle because you are pretty much depriving your whole body in hopes of losing fat (because stored fat is usually the preferred fuel source before muscle). When cutting, you are pretty much fighting off the loss of muscle in order to burn the fat.

I feel like I'm spinning around in circles now...maybe I'm sleepy...

SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wait a min.
    Since when was 6 meals a day TRADITIONAL
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew] - U mad?

<**>Yellow Fever Crew: Once you go Asian...HNNNNGHH<**>

Weight b4 Bodybuilding - 455lbs (oct 2009)

Sponsored Watermelon WF v2 log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135478661

Sort of. Your body needs a deficit of calories in order to burn the fat. But sometimes it will burn muscle as well if you are trying to burn too much at once. Greater deficity = greater chance of this happening. Think of it in terms of moving bricks away from a large pile of bricks. The greater the deficit, the more people there are to help move them. But the more people, the greater the chance for mistakes or fumbles.

Of course, I am over-generalizing, but I hope you get the idea.

Cardio is to help increase the calories burned, but it also helps with your cardiovascular system (strong heart = longer life).

A way to describe weights would be to challenge the muscle to grow. When your "remind" the muscle that it needs to be able to lift, it will grow in response. When cutting, though, it is harder to gain muscle because you are pretty much depriving your whole body in hopes of losing fat (because stored fat is usually the preferred fuel source before muscle). When cutting, you are pretty much fighting off the loss of muscle in order to burn the fat.

I feel like I'm spinning around in circles now...maybe I'm sleepy...
    ah that is a good way to put it, so even in a cut cycle fat is still burned off before muscle? and thanks for answering

++ Positive Crew ++

so cardio burns glycogen in the muscle, and then the muscle like uses the fat stores and turns them into glycogen? or are the fat stores just burnt off after the glycogen in the muscle was burnt out.
    Cardio burns fat stores, thereby helping to negate your daily caloric intake. Muscles do not use fat stores for fuel. Glycogen is stored in the muscle for its own fuel source upon the creation of the glycogen. When you do cardio, your whole body can not pull away the glycogen from your muscle the way it can elsewhere via the blood stream.

Sorry if I'm being fuzzy, but I'm fairly tired and my old biochem knowledge isn't coming to me as quickly as it used to.

Originally Posted by SEANxALLxDAY View Post
    Wait a min.
    Since when was 6 meals a day TRADITIONAL
    pretty much 6-7 meals is what the usual bodybuilder will use for meal frequency.

++ Positive Crew ++

pretty much 6-7 meals is what the usual bodybuilder will use for meal frequency.
    Not necessarily meal timing isnt that important.

25-RAC-99

Cardio burns fat stores, thereby helping to negate your daily caloric intake. Muscles do not use fat stores for fuel. Glycogen is stored in the muscle for its own fuel source upon the creation of the glycogen. When you do cardio, your whole body can not pull away the glycogen from your muscle the way it can elsewhere via the blood stream.

Sorry if I'm being fuzzy, but I'm fairly tired and my old biochem knowledge isn't coming to me as quickly as it used to.
    still helpin a good bit like whether or not fuzzy appreicated.

++ Positive Crew ++

SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SEANxALLxDAY has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    but i tried both
    IFing is alright though i though i would be starving but suprisingly not
    6 meals a day when i first started i was all uptight trying to eat every 3 hours
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew] - U mad?

<**>Yellow Fever Crew: Once you go Asian...HNNNNGHH<**>

Weight b4 Bodybuilding - 455lbs (oct 2009)

Sponsored Watermelon WF v2 log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135478661

Kinda. Cardio or any exercise causes your body to release adrenaline which binds to receptors and through a chain of events activates Protein Kinase A (PKA) which phosphorylates FBiPase-2 (which inhibits PFK-1 which is an activator of Glycolysis, thus turning Glycolysis off) and allowing GNG to produce energy, as well as the Glucose-Alanine Cycle.