Mechanistic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mechanistic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mechanistic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mechanistic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mechanistic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mechanistic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mechanistic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mechanistic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Forearm and hand pain numbness

I figure some fine educated trainer might be able to help me out on this one. Kind of desperate..

A male with a previous history of a slipped disk in the lumbar is now beginning to har severe pain down the forearm along the wrist flexors which followed a few months after there was numbness and tingling in the pinky and ring fingers on both arms. Now the pain has elevatedto constant in te arms and hands and as much as I keep advising against working out at this point, they still and I want to know what might be causing something such as this? Is t a simple impingement somewhere that can be corrected or is something else wrong? Any suggestions would be so appreciated everyone!!

Aside from going to a doctor, which this person has no time for, what could be wrong?

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mechanistic View Post
    I figure some fine educated trainer might be able to help me out on this one. Kind of desperate..

A male with a previous history of a slipped disk in the lumbar is now beginning to har severe pain down the forearm along the wrist flexors which followed a few months after there was numbness and tingling in the pinky and ring fingers on both arms. Now the pain has elevatedto constant in te arms and hands and as much as I keep advising against working out at this point, they still and I want to know what might be causing something such as this? Is t a simple impingement somewhere that can be corrected or is something else wrong? Any suggestions would be so appreciated everyone!!

Aside from going to a doctor, which this person has no time for, what could be wrong?
    Numbness in the little finger & 1/2 of the ring finger is ulnar nerve impingement...

I get numbness all the time from sitting in front of the computer too much... if you're on the computer a lot make sure you do not rest your elbows "funny bone" on a hard surface

FIrst off as always ask a doctor about it.... Taking over the counter NSAIDS will help reduce the inflammation
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Possible suggestions not a definite answer...

Originally Posted by Mechanistic View Post

Agreeing with askthetrainer numbness in the 4th and 5th fingers usually can be related to an ulnar nerve impingement but may be caused by injury around the ulnar nerve which is causing that impingement. An ulnar nerve reposition is usually used for this where a surgeon reroutes ulnar nerve.
    Carpal tunnel syndrome can be taken into consideration but an EKG will help determine this along with clincal testing.
    Thoracic outlet syndrome can also be considered if an unknown thoracic injury occured and is relaying an impingement to the brachial plexus.

Temperary fixes could include immobilizing the affected side with a store bought wrist wrap that will help prevent wrist flexion.

A doctor is the only person that will be able to diagnose this patient correctly and these are only possible pathologies and recommendations.

jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000) jayoheazy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds like potentially carpal tunnel syndrome (sp?). Had the same problem and made some changes by at the office (sitting upright, fixing the position of the mouse + keyboard and making sure my forearms never resting above elbows)