RGAno1UK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HELP!!! Total Free weight Leg Workout

Hi,
    I'm really struggling to get a bodybuilding leg workout, since going to a new gym. Its completely free weights = Dumbbells and barbells is all they have. I'm looking for a decent leg workout with free weights only.

Can any one help me? I've tried to the net but its hopeless.

Many Thanks
    Ray

Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It depends how your routine is structured, but some great free weight exercises for legs include:

Squats (back squat, hack squat, box squat, front squat) - various stances (narrow, medium, wide), various bar position (high, low).

Lunges (walking, reverse, stationary, etc).

Deadlifts (conventional, sumo, straight-legged, etc).

Any leg routine based around these kind of lifts has all bases covered
    When I go hunting, I just stare at the deer.
    They follow me home and climb into my freezer.
    Because they know.
    They know.

AusWest is on a distinguished road. (+10) AusWest is on a distinguished road. (+10) AusWest is on a distinguished road. (+10) AusWest is on a distinguished road. (+10) AusWest is on a distinguished road. (+10) AusWest is on a distinguished road. (+10) AusWest is on a distinguished road. (+10) AusWest is on a distinguished road. (+10) AusWest is on a distinguished road. (+10) AusWest is on a distinguished road. (+10) AusWest is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Spire View Post
    It depends how your routine is structured, but some great free weight exercises for legs include:

Squats (back squat, hack squat, box squat, front squat) - various stances (narrow, medium, wide), various bar position (high, low).

Lunges (walking, reverse, stationary, etc).

Deadlifts (conventional, sumo, straight-legged, etc).

Any leg routine based around these kind of lifts has all bases covered
    throw in some calf raises and you'll be set

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RGAno1UK View Post
    Hi,
    I'm really struggling to get a bodybuilding leg workout, since going to a new gym. Its completely free weights = Dumbbells and barbells is all they have. I'm looking for a decent leg workout with free weights only.

Can any one help me? I've tried to the net but its hopeless.

Many Thanks
    Ray

this sounds like a phenomenal gym. where is this heavenly place?
    You can't seriously say you have had trouble finding a leg workout online using only free weights. i call bs. sounds trolling to me.

squats
    rdl's or sldl's
    calf raises
    lunges.

done.

note: no machine was harmed in this routine.

RGAno1UK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mmorton View Post
    You can't seriously say you have had trouble finding a leg workout online using only free weights. i call bs. sounds trolling to me.

squats
    rdl's or sldl's
    calf raises
    lunges.

done.

Cheers mmorton that's helped me out. I found it difficult to get the right format of what I need to do. Before I was in a bodybuilding gym that had machines and free weights before it was easy. Getting my head round free weight only was a bit of a challenge. I go to a charity run gym in Perth, Scotland

Thanks for your Help

Regards
    Ray

AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Squats, Ass to grass.

You're welcome.

Everything else is optional.
    Bench: 572lbs (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9RrAfn0TfkY&feature=youtu.be)
    Squat: 924lbs (https://youtu.be/hnvJ0SdCYKw)
    Deadlift: 924lbs (https://youtu.be/KDS6TQ_--eM)
    Bent Over Row: 485lbs (https://youtu.be/dc-t9k3f208)
    Over Head Press: 405lbs (https://youtu.be/h3o4jOBa8IM)

H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Back Squat
    Front Squat
    Romanian Deadlift
    Calf Raises

Or do a high frequency full body workout ie. SS, All Pros.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by mmorton View Post

squats
    rdl's or sldl's
    calf raises
    lunges.

done.

Amen to that I agree.

You can even do your hamstring curls and leg extensions with a dumbbell and a flat bench if you must do them.

There is no exercise machine out there that does not replicate a movement done with a barbell of dummbells.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RGAno1UK View Post
    Cheers mmorton that's helped me out. I found it difficult to get the right format of what I need to do. Before I was in a bodybuilding gym that had machines and free weights before it was easy. Getting my head round free weight only was a bit of a challenge. I go to a charity run gym in Perth, Scotland

Thanks for your Help

Regards
    Ray

You're welcome. Free weights are you best bet in my opinion. You'll get used to it and then will never go back! Good luck.