Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by martin_mathers View Post
    This is my first meet but technically my second. I did do a meet last year but I bombed out so I don't wanna count that one lol. This is my first meet in Canada.
    Weighed in at 211 and after some burger king I was good to go.

Squat
    First attempt: 330lbs <- easy
    Second attempt: 358.3lbs <- nice PR, considering that I almost got crushed by 355 a week ago.
    Third attempt: 374.8lbs <- missed, felt like i was gonna get it.
    I really thought i could hit that third attempt.

Bench Press
    First attmept: 231lbs <- easy
    Second attempt: 260lbs <- PR, felt kinda hard, but looked easy on video...
    Third attempt: 270lbs <- missed. so ****ing close! ****!

Deadlift
    First attempt: 341.7lbs <- easy
    Second attempt: 385.8lbs <- PR. felt amazing. i hadn't pulled anything over 320 off the floor in over 6 months because of injury. i was really happy with this.
    Third attempt: 402.3lbs <- PR. mind=blown. i almost cried after i got the lift. i never even thought i could pull 385 in this meet. cant believe i finally pulled over 400. how i did that is still beyond me.

Total: 1019.6 lbs <- not too shabby for an asian eh?

Im really happy about how I did. My goal was to total 1000 pounds and i did it. but that also tells me how ****ing weak i am. 980 pounds away from my lifetime goal!

P.S. thanks fitlover and DBC and their friends for filming my attempts! they both did really good!
    Good meet man. Squats usually go the worst in the first real meet, and deads usually go the best, especially if you've never trained on a nice bar before... or with chalk

1019 is great at your age and you have tons of room to grow.

haha by the way, Taiwan is second right after Russia in best PL'ing countries in the IPF and we all know China's the best lifting country in the world for weightlifting
    771/645/622 Single Ply

martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    Good meet man. Squats usually go the worst in the first real meet, and deads usually go the best, especially if you've never trained on a nice bar before... or with chalk

1019 is great at your age and you have tons of room to grow.

haha by the way, Taiwan is second right after Russia in best PL'ing countries in the IPF and we all know China's the best lifting country in the world for weightlifting
    thanks! any comments on my technique?
    really?! Taiwan?! haha i never knew that.
    and yea china... even the medal that i just got had "china" printed on the back....
    My training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129669663

Lifts on IG: martinwongwc

RAWWW turned raw w/ wraps turned SingleplytillIdie

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thanks! any comments on my technique?
    really?! Taiwan?! haha i never knew that.
    and yea china... even the medal that i just got had "china" printed on the back....
    Technique was all solid. Squats seemed to lack explosion, maybe a little confidence issue. Bench was plenty explosive. Its obvious you're a Sheiko type lifter because everything looked good. Squat technique was actually a bit better than mine I'd say

Taiwan really, especially women's and lighter men. I'm actually planning on moving there and am hoping I'll be allowed to train with their team
    771/645/622 Single Ply

martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Technique was all solid. Squats seemed to lack explosion, maybe a little confidence issue. Bench was plenty explosive. Its obvious you're a Sheiko type lifter because everything looked good. Squat technique was actually a bit better than mine I'd say

Taiwan really, especially women's and lighter men. I'm actually planning on moving there and am hoping I'll be allowed to train with their team
    then i'll have to work my ass off to bring up my raw strength...

Taiwan is an amazing country. its SO MUCH different than china/hong kong. im from hong kong and i've been to china and taiwan. the taiwanese are so much nicer. the people in hk/china are nice too as long as you got money lol.

then i'll have to work my ass off to bring up my raw strength...

Taiwan is an amazing country. its SO MUCH different than china/hong kong. im from hong kong and i've been to china and taiwan. the taiwanese are so much nicer. the people in hk/china are nice too as long as you got money lol.
    Really? I'd love to hear more of your experiences about it. Only thing I'm worried about is that I can read simplified Chinese fairly well but it'll be useless in Taiwan. I actually went to a Hong Kong style wedding a month or so ago, very interesting experience.
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Really? I'd love to hear more of your experiences about it. Only thing I'm worried about is that I can read simplified Chinese fairly well but it'll be useless in Taiwan. I actually went to a Hong Kong style wedding a month or so ago, very interesting experience.
    OMFG you can read chinese?! thats so sick man. here i am, a hong kong born asian, failing chinese every year...
    they sometimes do use simplified chinese but it could be a problem because they dont really know any english. the thing is a person can live in Hong Kong without knowing any Chinese but not in other parts of China or Taiwan. but since you already know simplified chinese, learning traditional chinese should be fairly easy.

OMFG you can read chinese?! thats so sick man. here i am, a hong kong born asian, failing chinese every year...
    they sometimes do use simplified chinese but it could be a problem because they dont really know any english. the thing is a person can live in Hong Kong without knowing any Chinese but not in other parts of China or Taiwan. but since you already know simplified chinese, learning traditional chinese should be fairly easy.
    I'm not great..... I could read as complex as the seasons or money, food, family names ummm... resteraunt terms. I could read something like.... the chicken eggs cost this much a kilogram. I'm actually better at reading than I am at speaking or listening which is a big issue but I've been tutoring with a Beijing-born Chinese and they are helping me. Your first language was probably Cantonese though right if you are from Hong Kong? Some things in simplified are easy to traditional... wo men wo de ect... but with something like hui it goes from 会 to 會 and that to me is really overwelming
    771/645/622 Single Ply

I'm not great..... I could read as complex as the seasons or money, food, family names ummm... resteraunt terms. I could read something like.... the chicken eggs cost this much a kilogram. I'm actually better at reading than I am at speaking or listening which is a big issue but I've been tutoring with a Beijing-born Chinese and they are helping me. Your first language was probably Cantonese though right if you are from Hong Kong? Some things in simplified are easy to traditional... wo men wo de ect... but with something like hui it goes from 会 to 會 and that to me is really overwelming
    yes my first language is Cantonese. but i guess im kinda bilingual lol.
    well i can't really read simplified chinese (hell, i can't even read traditional chinese that well) and i cant speak mando too haha. its crazy how Chinese is getting more and more important and influential. i still dont like it though!

So now I've reached my goal at my first meet, it's time to get ready for the next one.
    My next meet is the 2011 Canadian High School Championships held in Waterloo on June 11. right now im 11 weeks out from the meet so no time shall be wasted. i know i could use some rest now but i really want to compete against some high school lifters and see where im at among them (plus its free!).
    Sheiko #37 starts tomorrow and after that I'll run 40 and then a 3-week version of 32. I got a lot of stuff to work on.

Now: 358/260/402
    Goal at the meet: 380/275/430

umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lifts lookin strong brah

Good luck with your future meet!

SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Innnnnnnn. Fellow Canadian.

Originally Posted by umad******* View Post
    Lifts lookin strong brah

Good luck with your future meet!
    thanks! stay strong!

Originally Posted by SirSquat View Post
    Innnnnnnn. Fellow Canadian.
    hell yeah! where abouts are you

subbed to yours too

SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000) SirSquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    hell yeah! where abouts are you

subbed to yours too
    Whitby, ontario. Pretty close. I have a friend who used to live up in markham

20 bucks on he's asian

20 bucks on he's asian
    yup! chinese and scottish or something

Sheiko #37 Week 1 Day 1

Paused Bench Press
    barx20
    135x5
    155x2x4
    185x2x3
    195x5x3

Squat
    barx10
    135x2x5
    185x5
    225x2x5
    265x5x5 <- brutal

DB flys
    3 sets of 10

Paused Bench Press
    135x6
    155x2x6
    175x4x6

Goodmornings
    3 sets of 5

still feeling very beat up after the meet. back and legs are still sore. before training i looked at what i had to do today and thought it was gonna be easy with such light weights. bench was easy but the squats were ****ing brutal.
    and hurray! back pain is coming back!

sheiko is nuts

el67ko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) el67ko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) el67ko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) el67ko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) el67ko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) el67ko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) el67ko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) el67ko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) el67ko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) el67ko has a spectacular aura about. (+250) el67ko has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Awesome first meet. I don't think it said anywhere...but what weight class were you in? 220?

Squats looked good just need to get stronger! You would have definately had that 270 bench but it looked a bit like you got out of the groove on the way up and flared your elbows way out. Deads you had a ton left in you. Don't sell yourself short on competition deads, I have been about 20-30 lbs over what I can pull in the gym at each meet I have done. Feel free to stop in my log and give me some sheiko pointers, I have only run the bench portion of it before.

I lol'd at the pretty good for an asian comment. An asian living in canada training russian! mind=blown

Good luck at your next meet and keep training hard!

sheiko is nuts
    yep...its fun though lol
    Originally Posted by el67ko View Post
    Awesome first meet. I don't think it said anywhere...but what weight class were you in? 220?

Squats looked good just need to get stronger! You would have definately had that 270 bench but it looked a bit like you got out of the groove on the way up and flared your elbows way out. Deads you had a ton left in you. Don't sell yourself short on competition deads, I have been about 20-30 lbs over what I can pull in the gym at each meet I have done. Feel free to stop in my log and give me some sheiko pointers, I have only run the bench portion of it before.

I lol'd at the pretty good for an asian comment. An asian living in canada training russian! mind=blown

Good luck at your next meet and keep training hard!
    yep 220.
    shoulda cut higher on that last squat haha...yea i wasnt staying tight enough on that 270. gotta work on technique.
    somehow im just so slow off the floor on deads cant seem to find the right technique.

will definitely check out your log! thanks!

Sheiko #37 Week 1 Day 2

Deadlift
    135x5
    225x5
    245x2x5
    285x2x4
    305x4x3

Incline Bench
    3 sets of 4

Deadlift from boxes (mid shin)
    205x5
    245x2x5
    285x2x4
    325x4x3

Close stance squats
    5 sets of 5 with 225

Dips x25 reps

Decline situps x 30 reps

everything felt easy but back pain was still there when i was doing light squats. i used to put the bar right below my knees when doing deadlift from boxes but from now on im gonna pull from mid shin after watching Andy Bolton's seminar video. he always does midshin and it makes sense because sometimes right below knees would be an ego pull. and as always after a deadlift day, my hands are now ****ed.

20 bucks on he's asian
    Lulz.. Pacific Mall is the ****! (I think thats Markham, maybe Scarburrough?)
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Lulz.. Pacific Mall is the ****! (I think thats Markham, maybe Scarburrough?)
    hahahahah lmao yea its in markham! i friggin hate that place lol products from china but canadian prices. you could get them in china with less than half the price!

you lived in markham before?

hahahahah lmao yea its in markham! i friggin hate that place lol products from china but canadian prices. you could get them in china with less than half the price!

you lived in markham before?
    ha no man I just went to Toronto for a week for a wedding. But we spent most the time in the suburbs because apparently thats where the "Chinatown" is now. I actually liked it a lot though. Way moree than I like cities here. All I can really remember is pacific mall and eating at a place in Scarburrough (sp) called Asian Legend. Oh I ate at some place called three brewers in Toronto that sucked
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Sheiko #37 Week 1 Day 3

Paused Bench Press
    barx20
    135x7
    145x6
    155x5
    175x4
    185x2x3
    195x2x2
    185x2x3
    175x4
    155x6
    145x8
    135x10

Squat
    barx10
    135x5
    185x5
    225x2x4
    265x2x3
    280x5x3

DB flys
    5 sets of 10

French Press
    5 sets of 10

Back raises
    5 sets of 5 with 45lbs plate

bad session. benches were all peanuts but after benching i felt really tired and sleepy. the weights went up real slow on squats and i literally fell asleep in between sets. i was sitting on a leg extension machine to rest and i fell asleep for a couple minutes. i even gave up the music that always keeps me going and listened to James Morrison.
    oh well. its friday.

Raw biceptorz training

ez curl
    4 sets of 20

db curl
    4 sets of 10

lateral raises
    3 sets of 12

rear delt flys
    2 sets of 12

ez curl again
    1 set of 15

biceps are so pumped!

Raw biceptorz training

ez curl
    4 sets of 20

db curl
    4 sets of 10

lateral raises
    3 sets of 12

rear delt flys
    2 sets of 12

ez curl again
    1 set of 15

biceps are so pumped!
    What weights did you use?

What weights did you use?
    ez curl: 50lbs!
    db curl: 30s!
    lateral raise: 35s!
    rear delt flys: 75lbs!
    ez curl again: 50lbs!

ALL RAWW MOTHER****ER!!

ez curl: 50lbs!
    db curl: 30s!
    lateral raise: 35s!
    rear delt flys: 75lbs!
    ez curl again: 50lbs!

ALL RAWW MOTHER****ER!!
    I would hope your curling was raw :P

Sheiko #37 Week 2 Day 1

Squat
    barx10
    135x5
    185x5
    225x2x4
    265x2x3
    300x5x2 <- easyyyy

Paused Bench Press
    barx20
    135x5
    155x4
    185x2x3
    210x6x2 <-shpeedyyy

Dips x50 reps

Squat
    205x3
    245x3
    280x4x3

Machine flys
    3 sets of 10

Goodmornings
    5x5 with 155

i was at 100% today. everything felt like feathers and i dont even feel tired now lol. i do wanna bump up my bench max to 270 but i guess i'll just leave that for next cycle which is gonna be #40. my hands are still screwed up especially my left hand which is still occasionally bleeding. gotta let it heal up before wednesday which is dead/bench day.

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast