StarFish1588 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice....What should I focus on/Where do I need the most work?

Hey everyone!

I"ve always been thin/skinny. I was also one of those females that thought if I lifted heavy - i'd get huge overnight..lol...so I always stayed lightweight. However, the past year or so, I've worked hard and have been trying to build some muscle in the right places.

Here are some progress pics of where I am at now.

Any suggestions of where my focus should be?
    Attached Images

ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItstartsNOW has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It's hard to tell when you have so much clothing covering your body up. Send me some photos were I can see more of your body to let you know if you need to cut or bulk.

role-reversal is on a distinguished road. (+10) role-reversal is on a distinguished road. (+10) role-reversal is on a distinguished road. (+10) role-reversal is on a distinguished road. (+10) role-reversal is on a distinguished road. (+10) role-reversal is on a distinguished road. (+10) role-reversal is on a distinguished road. (+10) role-reversal is on a distinguished road. (+10) role-reversal is on a distinguished road. (+10) role-reversal is on a distinguished road. (+10) role-reversal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You are looking very good. I dont think there is one area any more than another that needs wok. you are nice and lean (not shredded) for a female. I think what would best work for you is a clean diet with some all around resistance training to bring out some muscle definition.

Growing a six pack? ILurkAtWork's Avatar
    ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You probably could just keep doing whatever you've been doing. You look good, but it's hard to judge progress without a photo sequence. If you want to add muscle all around, make sure you always have progression/goals in mind. If you feel like you are stalling or bored, any stickied beginner routine on this site will add muscle/strength all around. AllPro's or Starting Strength are great, and there are many others. Just make sure whatever you do, you plan your workouts around hitting your progression / targets. When you hit your strength goals, the muscle will follow.

CoolStoryBros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolStoryBros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolStoryBros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolStoryBros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolStoryBros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolStoryBros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolStoryBros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolStoryBros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolStoryBros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolStoryBros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoolStoryBros is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're pretty hot.

I'd say squat more.

Bigger legs, bigger ass, bigger profit, no?

StarFish1588 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah... I guess I do need to update my profile a little bit.

Thanks for the help... I just started P90x last week. I'm only on Day 5. I have high hopes for the program though! I"m keeping track of my journey in my blog (p90x-starfish.blogspot).

I'll check back in with some before/afters in a couple weeks!

Ndeserranno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ndeserranno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ndeserranno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ndeserranno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ndeserranno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ndeserranno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ndeserranno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ndeserranno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ndeserranno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ndeserranno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ndeserranno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    brb beating off

edit, honestly your perfect
    OBF
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135524791

LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10) LgFriess is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ya, don't worry about "getting huge" without years and years of lifting and chemical help.

My wife lifts heavy right along with me in the gym and we concentrate on the basics like squats, deadlifts, bench, overhead press, pullups, rows. We throw in other stuff too but those lifts are always our foundation.

Over the past few years she's really been happy with her progress as far as gaining some lean muscle and dropping body fat. She's not "ripped" but you can really see her muscle. Women at the gym are always asking her for advice, which she loves because it motivates her. She always basically just says do the basic heavy lifts and really zero in your diet.

maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maggioracing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by StarFish1588 View Post
    Hey everyone!

I"ve always been thin/skinny. I was also one of those females that thought if I lifted heavy - i'd get huge overnight..lol...so I always stayed lightweight. However, the past year or so, I've worked hard and have been trying to build some muscle in the right places.

Here are some progress pics of where I am at now.

Any suggestions of where my focus should be?
    You already have the nice calves. So I'd say focus on the quad/butt area itself. You'll want the top of your thighs to be bigger than your knee cap. Tappered from the waist to the knee. Ask any guy and he'll tell you. A chic in black spandex pants is nice to look at. A chic with nicely shaped butt, rounded hamstrings, actual quads in black spandex.....the guy wouldn't be answering you because they'll still be staring at the chic. lol.

Here's what I'm talking about. Alittle roundness in the right places....and you'll cause an accident while jogging. lol.

The second area would be the back. A female with a v-taper is also nice to look at. Getting a v-taper insures that your vertebral spinus process' will not be visable. Ever see a skinny chic's back and it looks like a dinosaur spine. Building the muscles along side the spine will create a valley. You already have some now.

Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by maggioracing; 12-07-2010 at 03:59 PM.

PVLSPORTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVLSPORTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVLSPORTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVLSPORTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVLSPORTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVLSPORTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVLSPORTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVLSPORTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVLSPORTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVLSPORTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PVLSPORTS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    legs abit very good though
    *PVL SPORTS REP*

"THERE IS NO OFFSEASON"
    http://www.pvl.com/

******** Fan Page
    http://www.********.com/PVLSPORTS

Online Store
    http://www.myfitness-shop.ca/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7

Email:
    matt@pvl.com

#1 Choice for Sports Nutrition