Gilgameshx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Workout Drink and Adding Muscle

I`m somewhat new to working out. Lifted a little in high school and again fairly recently but nothing too serious. I currently do the p90x workouts and have gained an incredible amount of strength while shedding a lot of body fat. My diet currently is a low carb one... meaning all my carbs come from fruits and vegetables. I generally eat when I`m hungry and I eat til I`m satisfied. I`m 6'1" and weigh 165 lbs and would like to build/add more muscle to my frame while keeping my body fat levels low. I typically eat 1800-2500 calories a day depending on my activity levels, how hungry I feel, etc.

I take the opti-men multivitamin; I used jack3d for a pre workout and for post workout I currently only use 1 scoop of the Optimum Nutrition gold standard whey protein mixed with water and my 2nd vitamin of the day with it.

I plan on continuing to use the p90x workouts but I`m also gonna use machines at my jobs gym in the future. What would be the best post workout drink to use for my situation of wanting to build/add muscle without adding body fat or keeping body fat as low as I can.

I normally intake 150-200g of protein a day. And my carb intake is usually between 50-150g. A lot of my calories comes from fat... this "diet" is what works for me and my cholestrol/blood pressure is all good.

There's a little bit of creatine in the jack3d but I was thinking of also adding creatine to my protein shake and increasing the amount of whey scoops in my shake. Is this good? I don't know how much creatine to use if I should be using creatine.

I`m not looking to get body builder big... just looking to add more muscle to my thin, lean frame.

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go for about 5g of creatine. The total amount of calories you're eating sounds a bit low. Eat more if you want to grow.
    CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: Laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lollerskatess has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    mhp dark matter works very nicely and has a pretty good blend of creatine, carbs, and protein for pwo. 2 scoops has 5 grams of creatine mono

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Gilgameshx View Post
    for post workout I currently only use 1 scoop of the Optimum Nutrition gold standard whey protein mixed with water and my 2nd vitamin of the day with it.

I plan on continuing to use the p90x workouts but I`m also gonna use machines at my jobs gym in the future. What would be the best post workout drink to use for my situation of wanting to build/add muscle without adding body fat or keeping body fat as low as I can.
    Are you getting a quality solid food meal in ASAP post-workout as well ?
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    seeing as you are 24 and afraid of bodyfat.... it is unlikely you will ever gain much muscle.

at 6'1" and 165 you should eat as much clean food as you can force yourself to and workout like a beast.

also, p90x is mainly for toning people up. I doubt without much true resistance training that you will gain much muscle. You may get more lean and thus look like you gained muscle... but yea.. you won't have.

And to your question, post workout drink

2 scoops protein powder mixed with milk
    and a glass of OJ

That combo always worked pretty well for me.

When I am trying to really gain, I would use 2 scoops protein, milk, oatmeal, frozen strawberries, ice, blended.
    Proud Member of the "I lost 100 Pounds Club"!

My Transformation Thread:
    .... new one coming soon!