Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gfe919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gfe919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gfe919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gfe919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gfe919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gfe919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gfe919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gfe919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gfe919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gfe919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gfe919 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm 21 and type 1 diabetic for 6 years. My a1c is usually 6.0-6.6, I probably eat too many carbs. But I've found that having insulin working during workout and take a decent dose (3+units) rapid acting insulin after workout w carbs has helped me gain faster.

Do you guys find low and high blood sugars affect or hinder your gains?

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by bigdog1705 View Post
    Does anybody or is there anybody that can help a diabetic...me. I am starting to think that I am going against the grain here and I am losing. I don't think general answers are going to cut it. If you can help it would be huge thanks
    Can you be a bit more specific? Type 1 i assume? You can make progress as a diabetic to be sure. The bodybuilding "lifestyle" as they say is pretty much a diabetics best friend. IFBB pro Tim Belknap was a diabetic BTW.
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

ensell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HI.im trying to lose some body fat ive been going to the gym 3 to 5 time aweek for about 20 months or so, i do cardio and waights
    im 33 5.8 13.7 stone bf 20% i started at 27% i am happy with my results so far but cant seem to get any lower (i feel like ive hit a brick wall) ive been type 1 for 17 years on humlog and lantus any help would be great! thanks Peter

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Diet. Adjust your calories, either eat less or exercise more.

Has your diet changed since you lost weight?
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

ensell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post
    Diet. Adjust your calories, either eat less or exercise more.

Has your diet changed since you lost weight?
    my diet has change alot since i started the gym i used to eat a lot of take aways and drink a lot but now i dont. my weight has not changed that much. in a day i have one piece of wholemeal toast for breakfast ,mid mor an apple, lunch is a ham or chicken sandwich (wholemeal)mid afternoon apple, 630 before gym is toast and honey, at gym i i sip waterdown oj, 9.00 have dinner half a sweet pot broccoli an steak or chicken i can see my diet can be better but i need help how ?

Kashmoney3636 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not sure if this thread is still going....but I stumbled on this today.

I've been Type 1 diabetic since I was 9 years old.....I'm now 29. I've been using an insulin pump for the last few years and its been the solution to gaining lean mass, and losing fat.

I'm 5'7, 168 pounds, 8% bf.

Calories 3100, macros 45/35/20..somedays its 40/40/20

If most of your carbs consist of oatmeal, yams, brown rice etc, you can program the pump to release insulin (Novorapid) over a long period of time. I usually bolus with a 2 hour duration; opposed to taking an injection which gives an insuin spike. The slow release minimizes fat storage. The only time I don't slow release is post workout.

My A1Cs have been consistently 5.8-6.0 with very few lows if any.

I by no means am a professional, but I can share advice with any diabetics Type1s if needed. Again, everybody's body funtions differently so what works for me, may not work for you. However, hopefully it gives some of you guys some direction or 'food for thought'

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sjstephen54 View Post
    I have type 1 diabetes. I work full time in construction so I don't really use my immediate insulin during the day. My bloodsugar pretty much maintains itself from working all day. I usually have a good breakfast, protein shakes around 10 and 4 o'clock, a good lunch the. I lift at the gym around 7. The past 8 months I haven gained any weight or increased the weight for any workouts. Everyday I feel exhausted all day long. What I pretty muc want to do is gain muscle mass staying somewhat lean, and not be so exhausted everyday after having 8-9 hours of sleep. If someone has any advice or can help me out that would be great. Thanks
    Go to http://www.colettenelson.com/ She is an IFBB pro, diabetic, and certified diabetes educator. She is a wealth of knowledge.....
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by simpleguy4 View Post
    Go to http://www.colettenelson.com/ She is an IFBB pro, diabetic, and certified diabetes educator. She is a wealth of knowledge.....
    you also must have some "wealth" yourself to get help from her lol
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ClassActJack has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm a type one diabetic as well. My sugars seem to spike when I hit the gym. Haven't seen anyone else make mention of this. So lately what I've been doing is giving myself a bolus of 1.5 units about half an hour befor my workout and I find its helped. Anyone else experience this high blood sugar rush from working out?

SwirlyWirly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ClassActJack View Post
    I'm a type one diabetic as well. My sugars seem to spike when I hit the gym. Haven't seen anyone else make mention of this. So lately what I've been doing is giving myself a bolus of 1.5 units about half an hour befor my workout and I find its helped. Anyone else experience this high blood sugar rush from working out?

The same thing happens to me! Lately have been trying to take more insulin pre workout. Seems to be working

SuperWeight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As I was searching for diabetic bodybuilding, i came across this forum page as it is one of the first results and i thought there are a hell lot of people like me that are diabetic and want to build a great body and that it would be great if we all form a community and the rookie guys would not have to figure out everything from trial and error, so i have started a forum targeting this thing specifically and i would urge other experienced diabetic bodybuilders to post their suggestions, findings and ideas there.

I was diagnosed type 1 diabetic when I was around 18 yrs and was gymming hard. I did not really bother about my family history and my lifestyle. My father and my grandfather are suffering from type 2 diabetes. I was bulking up like **** and didn't concentrate on my nutrition and hydration that well. I would go on without drinking water for like 6-9 hours and without eating anything. One day I came out of the gym and drank a little bit of my glucose solution and suddenly felt a bit dizzy, after a bit I took another sip and was feeling like ****. I got home and loaded up on rice and fried potatoes and subsequently was fainting out. When I visited my family physician concerning about my weakness, considering my family history, he took my reading on a glucose monitor and I was like 350 mg/dl. All the weight & muscles that i bulked up went straight down the sink over a short period. I was way more weak and skinny than i even started out with. As a result of all that happening and loading up diabetes information, over analyzing things out, I got depressed and was disabled for around 5-6 yrs. Now I am fighting with depression and anxiety, trying to overcome this past and other family stuff.

My hard disk and pendrives are packed with videos of jay cuttler, kevin, ronnie, branch warren, johnnie jackson, dorian yates, flex wheeler and everybody else, you know what I'm sayin. I would love to get back out there and i have started this forum diabolicbodybuilding.ml specifically targeting diabetic bodybuilders. The forum will always be ad free and will not publicize any ****. I would love to hear from anyone willing to moderate the forum, you can contact me by clicking the contact us button below the forum page. Url to the forum is diabolicbodybuilding.ml

thanks
    Last edited by SuperWeight; 11-30-2014 at 05:35 AM.

mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mfpd00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Look up Jason Poston IFBB Pro on ********. I believe he was #2 at Olympia this past year. He won 4 or 5 pro shows in 2014. He is Type 1 diabetic. He often posts things on his ******** page about what he does and how it affects his diabetes.

Jason usually responds to questions via FB pretty quickly. He may be a good resource for you.

apurifico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for Diabetic Bodybuilding Coach!

Does anyone know of a great Diabetic Bodybuilding coach to work with?? Specifically for men, writing on behalf of someone else. thanks!

JLeuver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigdog1705 View Post
    I am insulin dependent, type 1 which means everything effects my bloodsugar, including proteins. The doctor wants to know what I've been doing my last A1C was 5.8 which is better than most regular peoples blood. It is really coming down to diet, fewer carbs means lower blood sugar which mean hypoglycemia...coma. to much means elevated blood sugarwhich means.....coma. I've been dancing a a dangerous line for about three months now but I can't seem to push for this last contest prep without going against the last three months. If I push my workout to hard blood drops, I have to eat a snickers the last 2 and half miles I just ran goes straight into the toilet.
    Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, just concerned, after all I am doing this to better myself.

I feel ya on this same issue. I am type 1 diabetic since 2003 and 26 years old. Only been lifting for about a year but really enjoy nutrition.

I treat lows with table sugar in warm water, or just honey. Dense amount of carbs without all the volume. Snickers also throws in alot of fat. Sugar and honey are straight carbs so I like to think of them as the cleanest way to treat.