Thread: Scapula

sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Scapula

My therapist said that the reason I always have such a stiff neck is because I have a weak scapula. Does anybody know exercises that work the scapula?

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Weak scapula? The scapula is the shoulder blade. Not sure how you could have a weak bone...

Anyways, you probably just have a weak upper back/shoulders. Hit various rows, concentrating on scapula retraction (seated v-bar cable rows seem to do the trick for me).

If you have a stiff neck, try stretching and if you can neck wrestling/bridging. Really helped thicken up and strengthen my neck.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Location: Walsall, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Probably about the rhomboids. Scapular retraction work. Seated rows and such. Rear delt work too. If you really did deadlift heavy with good form then that should help too.

sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50) sophfball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mad_Dog_Divine View Post
    Probably about the rhomboids. Scapular retraction work. Seated rows and such. Rear delt work too. If you really did deadlift heavy with good form then that should help too.
    Ok, thanks im just not sure even how to hit it, do you think she means rhomboids?

Location: Walsall, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sophfball View Post
    Ok, thanks im just not sure even how to hit it, do you think she means rhomboids?
    Well the scapula is the shoulder blade. It's bone. You don't lift weights with bones, you use muscles which contract and move bones. The rhomboids and traps are the muscles involved so these are the ones you want to target. Bone density will increase over time with a good diet (Calcium and Vitamin D amongst others), and resistance training.

If stiffness in the neck is a problem, look at the way you sit, it might be harming you. I would stretch it out, too.