mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First Post Current Progress Pics/Critique Please

I have been reading the BB forums for about the past 6 months but never posted. Got the urge to create my first post to get some feedback on my current looks and stats.

Please critique honestly, strengths and weaknesses

Thanks ahead of time,

That is all....
    Attached Images

ErinLynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What are your goals? Looks great so far- striation in the chest is awesome. What cycle are you in or are you going for general fitness?

Doombrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doombrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doombrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doombrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doombrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doombrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doombrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doombrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doombrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doombrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doombrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nipple piercing/10

But seriously, physique isn't bad. Hard to properly tell from an angled shot though.
    5'9"/125lbs./13% BF START (March 2010)
    5'10"/157bs./13% BF CURRENT
    5'10"/170lbs./8% BF GOAL

I rape back 100% of the time.

mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My goals are to put on more lean mass.

I have been working out for about 2 years, started out at 6'2" 155 pounds.
    Havent been lifting seriously for the past 2 month because I was in and out of the hospital recovering from surgery. Just starting to get back in a solid routine.

I always make sure I eat clean, was thinking about trying to go through a bulking cycle over the winter but everytime I eat more I only seem to gain weight around my stomach and waste (does anyone else experience this or is this normal) which Im not alright with so I stop.

What do you think my BF% is? Im guessing somewhere around 10-12%.

Ideally I would like to be 210lbs 8% BF
    That is my 1 year goal

Thanks for the responses

Unfortunately bulking kinda means you're going to have weight gains in places you don't necessarily want, but it's how things make more sense. If you're lifting hard and heavy your HAVE to eat properly or 1 of 2 things will happen. Either your body will use protein to repair damage done by lifting instead of using it to create new muscle or your body will use the protein as energy. The easiest way to gain muscle is to eat enough to nourish your energy needs while having protein to repair muscle tissue and promote new growth. During these times it's normal to cut out the cardio. Most of the time people bulk in winter when everyone bundles up anyways because it's hard to stay cut up while growing. Obviously, if you start to develop a potbelly or something, that's not good, but it's normal to have an extra layer everywhere and the stomach is no exception. And I get your frustration... but just go with it for a bit. Trust me, body builders do NOT look lean and clean all year long.
    As far as body fat, I have no idea. Guys are naturally much lower than women and I haven't done enough measurements in my day to be able to accurately guess yours. If you ask a trainer at your gym I'm sure they'll tell you. 10-12 doesn't sound unreasonable though and 8 is definitely attainable for you.

Thanks for the advice, btw you have great abs and a very nice body. I can tell a lot of hard work went into that.

Steven001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mmyer View Post
    Thanks for the advice, btw you have great abs and a very nice body. I can tell a lot of hard work went into that.
    Looking pretty dam good to be honest, not much to critique in. Similar to the body time I'm aiming at, with maybe slightly more mass.

Good work!

Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Looking pretty dam good to be honest, not much to critique in. Similar to the body time I'm aiming at, with maybe slightly more mass.

Good work!
    Thank you, gives me more motivation to get to the next level.

Registered Amuser FrozenMercury's Avatar
    FrozenMercury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FrozenMercury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FrozenMercury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FrozenMercury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FrozenMercury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FrozenMercury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FrozenMercury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FrozenMercury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FrozenMercury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FrozenMercury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FrozenMercury is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looking good OP. Wish I looked like that at my weight lol.

Should I start dirty bulking, or continue the slow consistant clean bulk that I have been using.

Im always back and fourth, I decide to dirty bulk then get annoyed with the results (feel sloppy) a month or so in.

My diet is solid, but very clean, but I have never been able to break the 190lb weight class even as I continue to get substancially stronger.

Anyone with a similar body type have advice?

Registered User crazymadmike911's Avatar
    crazymadmike911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymadmike911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymadmike911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymadmike911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymadmike911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymadmike911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymadmike911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymadmike911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymadmike911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymadmike911 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crazymadmike911 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    step 1. Loose that gahy nip ring

Originally Posted by crazymadmike911 View Post
    step 1. Loose that gahy nip ring
    Bishes love it

You mad, madmike?

If you dirty bulk you are going to gain weight and feel like crap. A clean diet is better for the immune system (which already takes a hit with heavy training) and it keeps your energy up so you can stay in the gym.

Should I start dirty bulking, or continue the slow consistant clean bulk that I have been using.

Im always back and fourth, I decide to dirty bulk then get annoyed with the results (feel sloppy) a month or so in.

My diet is solid, but very clean, but I have never been able to break the 190lb weight class even as I continue to get substancially stronger.

Anyone with a similar body type have advice?

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)

Pretty sure you answered your own question. Looking good so far, I'd keep doing what you're doing and if you stall out then just bump the calories a bit. Seems like you already know what happens when you try to do it too fast.