GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Building a home gym need to find a product!

This might be in the wrong section but I wasn't sure where else...

I'm building/designing a home gym for my dad and I am looking for a particular weight plate.

I see them in the magazines but I don't know who makes them or where to buy.

They are the weight plates that have circular holes around the edge. Like in a 45lb they have 7 holes.

Not only do these look really cool, they seem very functional as you can grab them just about anywhere.

Anyone know who makes these?
    Last edited by GhostTraveler; 11-28-2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Elaboration...

Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10) GhostTraveler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awesome thanks! Is this design proprietary?

Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lots of companies have holes for grip. They don't all have that design though.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen 7 holes before. I just checked Ivanko on a whim. 3 holes seems to be the norm.

VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GhostTraveler View Post
    This might be in the wrong section but I wasn't sure where else...

I'm building/designing a home gym for my dad and I am looking for a particular weight plate.

I see them in the magazines but I don't know who makes them or where to buy.

They are the weight plates that have circular holes around the edge. Like in a 45lb they have 7 holes.

Not only do these look really cool, they seem very functional as you can grab them just about anywhere.

Anyone know who makes these?

Those bad boys are very pricey. Anything made in North America in the equipment line is gonna cost you. Quality will be top notch. May be overkill however for just a home gym. Just depends on how serious your dad is. The chinese made products are a lot more affordable and generally suit the purpose.

Registered User IvankoBarbellCo's Avatar
    IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GhostTraveler View Post
    Awesome thanks! Is this design proprietary?
    The 7 hole design is. But the grip plate itself has been around since at least the late 19th century. The highlights for the 20th century are La Roux (France -- they also have some interesting early bumper plate designs), Scientific Barbell, and Wally Pullum's 2 slotted plate in the UK.

There's an interesting story that needs to be told one day about the grip plate in the late 20th century and how and why all these different companies came to put a different number of holes or slots on their plates.

Vinko
    ()---() York Barbell Club #50 ()---()

Ivanko Barbell Company
    official website: www.ivankobarbell.com

View: //www.instagram.com/ivankobarbell
    Join: //www.********.com/ivankobarbell
    Follow: //www.twitter.com/ivankobarbell
    Watch: //www.youtube.com/ivankobarbell
    Newsletter: http://www.ivankobarbell.com/contact.html

smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000) smokeater is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Scroll down to the workout equipment section of the forums. If you do a search you'll find that your question has either been answered directly or closely enough that you have a good idea of what to do.

Craigslist is a huge success for home fitness equipment. You can buy older, maybe even rusted plates, and save hundreds or even thousands of dollars. Buying new plates, especially the designer or brand name ones, is very expensive.