Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)

Milk VS Water...

Okay, here's the deal... I drink about a gallon of skim milk every day, and get about a half a gallon of water every day. Does milk hydrate you enough that it is a decent replacement for actual water? Or should I drink a gallon of milk AND a gallon and a half of water? I just don't know if I can drink that much without blowing a valve somewhere. That's a lot of liquid. So whaddya think?

P.S. Anti-milk people... Please do not tell me I shouldn't be drinking that much milk. I have read up and that is my decision. Thank you.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Milk VS Water...

Originally posted by Melkor
    Okay, here's the deal... I drink about a gallon of skim milk every day, and get about a half a gallon of water every day. Does milk hydrate you enough that it is a decent replacement for actual water? Or should I drink a gallon of milk AND a gallon and a half of water? I just don't know if I can drink that much without blowing a valve somewhere. That's a lot of liquid. So whaddya think?

P.S. Anti-milk people... Please do not tell me I shouldn't be drinking that much milk. I have read up and that is my decision. Thank you.
    haha i have the same problem its funny you posted this.. it is extremely hard to do both.. i kind of feel that yes the milk makes up for it enough honestly.. i drink a glass of milk 45 minutes after i eat then drink a glass of water (large) 30 mins or so after that.. it gets tough doing that all day but oh well..

afrolov will become famous soon enough. (+50) afrolov will become famous soon enough. (+50) afrolov will become famous soon enough. (+50) afrolov will become famous soon enough. (+50) afrolov will become famous soon enough. (+50) afrolov will become famous soon enough. (+50) afrolov will become famous soon enough. (+50) afrolov will become famous soon enough. (+50) afrolov will become famous soon enough. (+50) afrolov will become famous soon enough. (+50) afrolov will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Milk is quite capable of hydrating you. However, a gallon of milk would give you a huge ****load of SUGARS - 176 grams!!! Unless you weight over 300 lbs, you should not be intaking that many sugars.

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's lactose. It has a GI rating of 43-48 which is lower than just about anything you can think of. Also, the calcium in milk (among other things) has been proven to help in lipolysis. Overall, I think (unless someone can give me some serious proof that I shouldn't be) I will continue to drink my gallon of milk a day. Thanks for the info on the milk/water issue. If anyone else has anything feel free to post it up! Thanks.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

lewdcg_5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also take-in a gallon of milk a day. And those sugars in milk are different then the bad sugars we try to avoid so I see nothing wrong with drinking that much milk.

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: Milk VS Water...

If you find that you're not putting on the extra weight, go for it. I wouldn't recommend it if you were cutting, though.

As far as hydration goes, water is definately superior.
    Last edited by derekmac; 05-25-2003 at 04:44 PM.

One gallon of skim milk is 1,280 calories, 128 grams of protein and 192 grams of good carbs. Even while cutting (which I am right now) I take in about 3200 calories a day (I weigh about 205), and I simply plan around the milk calories. It is a great base for a good cutting program. Just count the calories into your daily total.

-Nietzsche

LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    and I simply plan around the milk calories.
    me 2!

tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I see nothing wrong with drinking this much milk. Milk is mainly water to begin with, and 1/2 a gallon of water on top of that, you should be good to go. Some people seem to think that if ANYTHING is added to the water, that it is no longer "good". If you are getting good results with this, and you don't feel deydrated, or have signs of deydration (ie: lose in strength, stongly colored urin, etc...), you should be fine. People have to remember that everyone is different.

bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    One gallon of skim milk is 1,280 calories, 128 grams of protein and 192 grams of good carbs. Even while cutting (which I am right now) I take in about 3200 calories a day (I weigh about 205), and I simply plan around the milk calories. It is a great base for a good cutting program. Just count the calories into your daily total.
    Almost 200grs of lactose, how much would go to the liver? As you may know lactose is a mix of glucose and galactose (unknown ratio), the latter, just as fructose can't replenish muscle glycogen. And the average liver can hold around 100grs of glycogen (carbs) while muscles can't hold something between 300-500grs. Don't forget that the Insulin Index of lactose (skim milk) it's not that good either, even with lactose been a low GI carb. Makes you think about it, no?
    "Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of." - Anonimus -
    "My mind is like a General. And my body's like an Army." - Herschel Walker -
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity...

Recovery is key. Massages, epsom salts baths, foam rolling, sleep masks, contrast showers, it all adds up. Get a foam roller, The Stick, a tennis/baseball, use them and stay healthy, pain and injury free.