claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help with my vegetarian diet - I'm in catered halls

As I live in catered halls, I have breakfast and dinner, however I don't think my diet is good enough. I am vegetarian and I don't eat eggs (religious reasons), but I am OK with other dairy products. Normally, my diet goes like this:

Breakfast - 2 quorn sausages, little bit of beans, 2 peeled plum tomatoes, 2/3 hash browns and 1/2 slices of toast or bowl of cereal instead of the toast.

I can't get more because we get given our breakfast and they have to give everyone the same.

Normally I skip lunch, but I am planning on starting to eat it now by eating:

Cheese sandwich on brown bread, packet of crisps, maybe some fruit, and maybe some nuts (I'm not really sure what to add). Our "kitchen" only has a microwave to cook food so maybe I could get some quorn that I can cook in it.

Dinner is usually something along the lines of a slice of melon/pineapple, soup, the main bit (e.g. today it was a slice of cheese and tomato pizza), with chips/jacket potato and some veg (today it was just peas but it's usually 2 veg). No desert as I get 2 starters with the melon and soup. I put a bit of salad, like a little bit of lettuce, tomatoes and some cucumber on my plate.

Then at night, I eat random rubbish - pot noodle, microwaveable meal, etc.

I know I need to improve this but I'm not sure how to. I am planning on changing the night time meal to something else but what?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.S - I am a student and so therefore slightly low on money. I'm guessing that to be able to afford more food (and extra protein as I'm veggie), I'm probably going to have to cut down on nights out and alcohol.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by claret_n_blue View Post
    I don't eat eggs (religious reasons),
    I'm probably going to have to cut down on nights out and alcohol.
    I'm confused. What religious belief allows for alcohol but not eggs?

Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Z Gatrel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Bird Whisperers - Originated in late B.C. This religion beleives in the worship of chickens, they even sacrifice a virgin every 5 years to the chicken king.

claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10) claret_n_blue is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Technically, I'm not allowed alcohol either (funnily enough) but for some reason I drink but I don't eat meat. I think it's because at home I didn't drink loads and so my parents put more focus on me being veggie and assumed I wouldn't drink, but I kinda do but that strict veggie diet has stayed with me.

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Breakfast - 2 quorn sausages, little bit of beans, 2 peeled plum tomatoes, 2/3 hash browns and 1/2 slices of toast or bowl of cereal instead of the toast.

I can't get more because we get given our breakfast and they have to give everyone the same.
    Maybe he'll trolling in a more sophisticated way.

This sounds like poor conditions for prison life and certainly not consistant with a place of higher education. Combined with the no eggs, plenty of alcohol (for religious reasons) aspect of the post, I'm starting to lean in the direction of (sophisticated) troll.

Maybe he'll trolling in a more sophisticated way.

This sounds like poor conditions for prison life and certainly not consistant with a place of higher education. Combined with the no eggs, plenty of alcohol (for religious reasons) aspect of the post, I'm starting to lean in the direction of (sophisticated) troll.

I'm serious. You get loads of vegetarians who drink, why is that so hard to believe? There's over 1000 students at my catered halls, they can't afford to allow all of us to eat as much as we want. Maybe this is wasn't the best decision if I wanted to bulk up but I have to stick it out untill next year when I will be self catered. I want to have a decent base to start proper bulking and so I want to make as many gains as I can until my next academic year starts.

I'm serious. You get loads of vegetarians who drink, why is that so hard to believe?
    Because you said you didn't eat eggs for religious reasons, but you drink a lot!

There's over 1000 students at my catered halls, they can't afford to allow all of us to eat as much as we want.
    That was not the case at my university nor was it the case at the numerous universities that I've visited over the years. And the student population was vastly over 1,000 in each case.

acherry4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't understand.. If you drink.. then just eat meat too. You're making it a double standard.

That was not the case at my university nor was it the case at the numerous universities that I've visited over the years. And the student population was vastly over 1,000 in each case.
    It is at mine. Maybe its different in England. I don't know why they do this but it's the rules. I would prefer to be able to get as much as I like but unfortunatley that's not the case.

Originally Posted by acherry4 View Post
    I don't understand.. If you drink.. then just eat meat too. You're making it a double standard.
    Why? What has eating meat got to do with drinking?

Can everyone ignore the reasons behind why I do what I do and help me with my diet please.

Why? What has eating meat got to do with drinking?
    You must be trolling. There's no other (kind) explanation.

You asserted in your original post that you did not consume eggs for religious reasons and that you drink quite a bit.

I pointed out this inconsistency and so did Acherry4.

JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You must be trolling. There's no other (kind) explanation.

You asserted in your original post that you did not consume eggs for religious reasons and that you drink quite a bit.

I pointed out this inconsistency and so did Acherry4.
    i disagree, there are plenty of vegetarians that do not eat animals but drink alcohol and even smoke

Originally Posted by JeffStacker View Post
    i disagree, there are plenty of vegetarians that do not eat animals but drink alcohol and even smoke
    Ugh. Reading comprehension? He said he didn't eat eggs for religious reasons, but he drinks a lot. How could you not understand this???

This has nothing to do with being a vegetarian. Keep in mind that vegetarianism is not a religion!!!

My point being, what religion bans eggs but not alcohol.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My point being, what religion bans eggs but not alcohol.
    Look what we made at church today!

TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Technically, I'm not allowed alcohol either (funnily enough) but for some reason I drink but I don't eat meat. I think it's because at home I didn't drink loads and so my parents put more focus on me being veggie and assumed I wouldn't drink, but I kinda do but that strict veggie diet has stayed with me.
    So in other words: you're an idiot.

Why don't you just pray to your god to give you 6 pack abs?

JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TBU720 View Post
    So in other words: you're an idiot.

Why don't you just pray to your god to give you 6 pack abs?
    dont bother guy the more he speaks the more u realize he is just jerking ur balls!!!!

Originally Posted by JeffStacker View Post
    dont bother guy the more he speaks the more u realize he is just jerking ur balls!!!!
    Jeff, did I misinterpret your post when you intended sarcasm?

If so, I owe you an apology.

Originally Posted by wonderpug View Post
    jeff, did i misinterpret your post when you intended sarcasm?

If so, i owe you an apology.
    its ok.