UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UAGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Struggling with bicep growth

Worked out on and off for the last two years or so. Just got my own place and can totally control my diet now, so I've gotten back into this. Been hitting the weights hard for the last 4-5 weeks now, and I'm noticing some pretty good results. Shoulders, tris, back, chest is doing great. The problem is that I'm struggling to get any size on my biceps. This is what I'm currently doing:

3x8 EZ Bar Curls
    3x8 Hammer Curls
    3x8 Preacher Curls

Just figured I'd post here in case I was doing something wrong. Also not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I have extremely long arms and it looks like my bicep is getting longer as opposed to thicker/wider (if that makes any sense).

Tips would be appreciated, and I'll rep for serious answers
    Raiders/Yankees/Nets/Arizona Wildcats

Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by UAGreg View Post
    Worked out on and off for the last two years or so. Just got my own place and can totally control my diet now, so I've gotten back into this. Been hitting the weights hard for the last 4-5 weeks now, and I'm noticing some pretty good results. Shoulders, tris, back, chest is doing great. The problem is that I'm struggling to get any size on my biceps. This is what I'm currently doing:

3x8 EZ Bar Curls
    3x8 Hammer Curls
    3x8 Preacher Curls

Just figured I'd post here in case I was doing something wrong. Also not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I have extremely long arms and it looks like my bicep is getting longer as opposed to thicker/wider (if that makes any sense).

Eat more
    Lift heavier
    /thread

Seriously.

kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    aight well if you just sorta started back up i wouldnt do so many curl exercises

i would just do a barbell curl or ez bar curl, and do a 3x5 and go as heavy as possible.

as for what the above poster said... if ya gainin in other places than its probably not ur diet...so idk if eating more will somehow make ur biceps grow...BB.com ppl... they love to say 3 things. eat more for everything, rest more for everything, and SS/ripptoes for everything..... -_-" ( when i ate 3,000 calores, rested every other day... and weekends off, and i took ss and changed it up a lil... holy the BB.com exp posters got mad )

if you keep doing a 3x5 curl and only that and give it good rest. You will increase the amount of weight u do weekly really fast, i mean not drastic like 10 lbs...but it will go up

Also if you want to get thicker biceps ( wider or w.e. ) you have to do concentration curls. this exercise doesnt help that much with your bicep peak but it makes em wider.

so try stickin with just the curls for a while. than add in concentration.

than add in preacher and hammer if ya want.

so yea....

same with everything else. But keep it really simple for each muscle. That way its just 1 basic movement that pretty much gets the entire muscle and you focus on that and go up in weight quick, until you get stuck pretty much. Than u add in more volume ( exercises/ or deload or like super long rest )

since 3x5 is more of a max type rep ur not gonna look super cut, jus a heads up. But ur gonna get big bruh. Cut after u get big lol. best way to do it haha. cutting gonna be a bitch tho...**** running...

HeartsOnFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeartsOnFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeartsOnFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeartsOnFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeartsOnFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeartsOnFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeartsOnFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeartsOnFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeartsOnFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeartsOnFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeartsOnFire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The above post is actually pretty good for what you are looking for, my advice would be to do those barbell curls that he mentioned going for 5 reps going as heavy as u can but maybe do a failure set at the end of Chin ups? Definitely a good compound exercise that tears the bi's apart at the end of a workout, sometimes i even do a couple sets at the beginning of my workout to fatigue the muscle.

After you get your strength back up a lil, try supersetting or drop setting when it comes to your arms. Don't need lots of sets just gotta hit the arms hard! Keep up the hard work champ!
    " There's No Easy Way Out. There's No Shortcut Home. "

kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by kevinhodge74 View Post
    i meant vbar pulldowns
    u mean where u attack the seated cable rows handle to the lat pulldown machine?

i thought that was a good middle back/lats workout
    i think it works great

but its not really focusing on bicep, biceps jus a side thing... And it feels like it targets the muscle when u do hammer curls, not bicep curls.

i mean i feel it the same when i do lat pull downs. barbell rows/ t bar rows/ seated rows/
    they all feel like the part of the bicep when worked by hammer.

Well the lat pull in free weight machine feels like bicep but thats not even in most gyms.

dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by UAGreg View Post

3x8 EZ Bar Curls
    3x8 Hammer Curls
    3x8 Preacher Curls

People here always try to say less work will get u more results. You need to switch up your program. Do 12 sets, 4 dumbell curls, 4 machine curls, 4 concentration, and go really heavy with 1 drop set for each exercise. Some people really need to destroy the muscle. Idk why people always tell you to do less activity.

Originally Posted by dogdogs View Post
    People here always try to say less work will get u more results. You need to switch up your program. Do 12 sets, 4 dumbell curls, 4 machine curls, 4 concentration, and go really heavy with 1 drop set for each exercise. Some people really need to destroy the muscle. Idk why people always tell you to do less activity.
    well i think at the beginning you should start simple. And if your going as hard and as heavy as you possibly can your gonna be tired and feel worked.

He wants to get bigger and i doubt he's at a plateau point and i doubt he's the size of a monster.

so i don't think he needs this much volume yet.

And if he is maxing...his biceps are getting destroyed...

its different for Arnold... cuz his bicep is the size of my head.

and i bet this guy doesnt do biceps by itself in 1 day...he probably does back and w.e. else he wants to with biceps. SO 12 sets is def a lot in addition to other exercises if hes maxing those as well.

but this all depends on the OP, if you think you can handle it go for it. Its all on u. U can do more than what i suggeste
    d. Do less than what this guy suggested. u gotta feel it and see it bruh and try it out yourself.

shiet i dont even know wtf that mofo arnold does. he prob splits every muscle into like a 2 week split. day 1 right pec. rest. day 3 left pec. like holy mother... prob got a bicep day a lone not even arms just bicep. and does like 24 sets.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree. + don't do straight sets. Pyramid up followed by a burnout set. Make the muscle adapt to strength sets + higher rep sets.
    Time To Re-Schedule

pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Been training for about 1.5 years and started training my biceps for only 5 months and they grew so easy.

Cut back the number of exercises and sets you do. Focus on a basic mass builder, and get really good at it. Add one more bicep exercise for additional stimulation.

There are a ton of exercises you could do but make sure your executing each rep properly (don't change the postion of your elbow...it the angle of flexion).

If you watch Arnold Schwarzenegger doing barbell cheat curls...you will see that the only thing that moved was his upper body and his elbows were stuck at his sides.

Just try this and get really good at the exercises:

Barbell Curls (start doing cheat curls after 2 or so months):

12, 10, 8, 6

Hammer curls:

10, 8, 6

Increase weights over time, eat right and your biceps will be big in no time.

jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100) jgetbigj is not very well liked. (-100)
    biceps: smallest and most worthless muscle to work in the gym.

Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Because people in this subforum think that anything beyond the volume in noobie training programs will result in overtraining. And the funny thing about that is that noobs typically recover faster...

Anyways, I finally saw decent bicep growth after hitting them twice a week and upping the volume. I still hit them the same way because it works for me. Once lightly, after my back workout, and again a few days later with more volume and heavier weight.
    My Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120696121

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jgetbigj View Post
    biceps: smallest and most worthless muscle to work in the gym.
    It's what you chose to flex and put in your avi.
    Time To Re-Schedule

Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    It's what you chose to flex and put in your avi.
    HAHA bb.com needs a like button

Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do the following:

Barbell Reverse Curls
    Dumbbell Hammer Curls
    Dumbbell Curls

All standing. Works for me.
    --- Nick ---