UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Weider 550 Smith Machine

Hello everyone, been a while since I've been back to these boards. Anyhow, I'm in the process of finishing up my home gym and I was browsing Craigs List and saw a Weider 550 smith machine. I'm fully aware that weider isn't the best or anywhere near it. However, my wife is dropping her gym membership to come work out in the new home gym and she prefers doing her presses on a smith machine. The picture of the smith machine shows it to be almost unused. He's asking 40 bucks. What do you guys think? Or is it that big of a piece of junk to not even waste my time?

Current set up is basics, Powertec power rack, body solid bench and 300 pound olympic set.

Thanks in advace!

Mike
    Respek!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by UNLVmike View Post
    He's asking 40 bucks. What do you guys think?
    I think it's way overpriced.

.....that big of a piece of junk to not even waste my time?
    You've answered your own question.

Seriously, walk away. If you're looking for a Smith, look for a Parabody or a Body Solid Series 7. Be advised though that you're going to have to shell out a bit more than $40 for either.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) UNLVmike will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds good, thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I think it's way overpriced.

You've answered your own question.

Seriously, walk away. If you're looking for a Smith, look for a Parabody or a Body Solid Series 7. Be advised though that you're going to have to shell out a bit more than $40 for either.
    Respek!